Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 15th, 2020, 11:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Riddler (II) - Design Period

I'm probably going to slow roll the design phase a bit more on this one than usual since it's fairly oddball and it's in my B-slot, which won't be replaced any time soon.

I'll look into putting together an update tomorrow, though. I'm definitely leaning hard on just letting people guess the answer (or whatever we call it) at this point, it's just a matter of figuring out the specific implementation. I do kind of dig the idea of it being an instead of placing wounds type of thing as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2020, 02:01 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No minis here. I mean I have one Riddler, but I'm pretty sure it's the official one for the first card. Could be a random other one though, I don't really stick to the official ones. Don't have the Box or Spandex mini though.

I think just guessing the number might work out, not sure though. With the fact they are unblockable dice now, that does give the Riddler player a few more options. Even so, if the target is a 5-6 life figure, I'd bet more often then not the Riddler is going to pick a round between 4 and 8. If I get 4 guesses (no over wounds?), pretty good chance I'm going to get it since that is only 5 numbers to choose from. In a bigger game, 9 or 10 could be a possibility, but in smaller games chance are the battle is over before the end of round 9. Really 8 is a bit of a risk. While 3 seems like a small win. I suppose 3 unblockables is better than no unblockables though, so maybe the guessing range should be 3-7.
Old March 16th, 2020, 05:20 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Riddler (II) - Breathing Period

OK, going to try to go with the more Silver Age Riddler in tights look that embraces his crazy dude routine. To that end, I'm going with this comic:

and hoping for pictures of this figure:
#016 Riddler from the Batman Alpha set

or this figure:
#051 The Riddler from the Joker's Wild set (#006 from that set works too and already has the packages gone).

And then I'm thinking I'll make these changes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
NAME = RIDDLER
SECRET IDENTITY = EDWARD NASHTON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = INSANE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 160?

PERILOUS PUZZLE

At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero and a number between 3 and 7 to be the Answer. Secretly write down the Answer. At the end of round X, even if Riddler is destroyed, you must reveal the Answer and roll X unblockable attack dice against the chosen Hero, where X is equal to the chosen number.

DROPPING HINTS
When Riddler is attacked by an opponent's adjacent Unique Hero and receives one or more wounds, that opponent may choose not to place any number of those wounds. For each wound they choose not to place this way that opponent may choose a number between 3 and 7. If their chosen number is the same as the number in the Answer, you must reveal the Answer and immediately remove it from the game.

GENIUS ESCAPE
When the Riddler rolls defense dice against an opponent's normal attack:
  • if at least 2 shields are rolled, the Riddler takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 spaces. He will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
  • if at least 2 skulls were rolled and the attacking figure is within 5 clear sight spaces of the Riddler, it receives one wound.
    You may choose which effect to use first.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2020, 05:24 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like that. I'd make it so the attacker has to be adjacent, though. Gets the feeling of "beating the answer out of him" better.

Also (this is pedantic), isn't "between 3 and 7" technically only cover 4, 5, and 6? Not sure how to word that to include those numbers.
Old March 16th, 2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I like that. I'd make it so the attacker has to be adjacent, though. Gets the feeling of "beating the answer out of him" better.
Yes, absolutely. You shouldn't be able to snipe him if you want the answer. Good call!

I guess I could get in an Investigator/Vigilante thing still and let them have two guesses. Not sure if he really needs a direct counter like that, though. Like could I see Superman figuring out his riddle just as well in the right story? Sure.

Edited adjacent in.

Old March 16th, 2020, 05:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Interesting. So now the clues give him extra life more or less.
Old March 16th, 2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Interesting. So now the clues give him extra life more or less.
Yeah, you basically decide not to hurt him when you get past his defenses as as a way of getting the information out of him. I think it works well in terms of game choices and theme meshing.

Old March 16th, 2020, 05:30 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Looks cool to me!

2nd mini looks way better (cut off from the terrain stuff)
Old March 16th, 2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Looks cool to me!

2nd mini looks way better (cut off from the terrain stuff)
Agreed. I'll take what I can get pictures of, though!

Old March 16th, 2020, 05:35 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the presents there...though we could make them DOs

I like the general direction, but I'd broaden the range a bit to be from 2-8.
Old March 16th, 2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I like the presents there...though we could make them DOs

I like the general direction, but I'd broaden the range a bit to be from 2-8.
I started at 3 to give the opponent time to track him down and question him at least a little before he decides to pop off. I want there to be a fair chance.

Old March 16th, 2020, 05:50 PM

OK, generally there seems to be approval, so SP updated. I'm willing to consider going up to 8, but I worry he'll play way differently in large scale games and that the 8 will be irrelevant in smaller ones. If 3-7 doesn't feel like enough in testing I'll be happy to open it up, though.

I propose we move to Initial Playtesting!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library