Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old June 8th, 2010, 10:20 AM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker
Re: PreAugust PreRelease D&D Wave 2 Speculation & Informatio

Posted this in the other forum but it has been locked so I'll post it here
Just so thoughts / ideas.
Spoiler for people that don't want to know what kinds of figures exist.
Spoiler Alert!

I like Facts.
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:58 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Oh, and I doubt the Werewolf Lord works like this because Robotech Master mentioned that he comes with 3 Lycan Markers, and the back of the box seems to indicate he can only spread Lycanthropy to heroes, but it would be cool if he has a power like Zombies Rise Again, where if he destroys a Small/Medium figure, you can replace it with a previously destroyed Wolf squad figure.

That might be a nice custom. Hmmm.....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:10 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

I'm hoping the Mind Flayer let's you take turns with some of your common heroes, perhaps based on a D20.

Something like:

Mind Control

Before taking the turn with the Mind Flayer, role the D20.
If you roll less than X nothing happens
If you roll between X and Y, you may immediately take a turn with 1 Common Hero you control
If You roll between Y and Z you may immediately take a turn with up to 2 Common Heroes you control
If you roll Higher than Z, you may immediately take a turn with up to 3 Common Heroes you control
Common Heroes must be within 6 spaces of the Mind Flayer in order to be controlled by Mind Control.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about DnD and have no idea if this is even thematically consistent with what the Mind Flayer does.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:10 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Whether it's real or fake, I'm going to start throwing out non-D&D educated predictions for army cards because well, its fun.
I'm not going to do a full run-down, but I'll comment on a couple of these.

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by dok; June 8th, 2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
I'm hoping the Mind Flayer let's you take turns with some of your common heroes, perhaps based on a D20.

Something like:

Mind Control

Before taking the turn with the Mind Flayer, role the D20.
If you roll less than X nothing happens
If you roll between X and Y, you may immediately take a turn with 1 Common Hero you control
If You roll between Y and Z you may immediately take a turn with up to 2 Common Heroes you control
If you roll Higher than Z, you may immediately take a turn with up to 3 Common Heroes you control
Common Heroes must be within 6 spaces of the Mind Flayer in order to be controlled by Mind Control.
I hope you aren't just restricted to units you control.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thematically it would be ANY figure close enough... Mind Flayers LOVE to enthrall the weak willed!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

I highly doubt they'd turn a Dragonborn into a Lizardfolk when you...well, can have Dragonborn. Dragonborn are the 'in' thing in D&D 4.0 right now. Bringing in a Dragonborn gives us another Player Race represented, just like we got with the Eladrin.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post

Dark Lord Sidious, Dark Lord Malak, Dark Lord Revan, Dark Lord Dooku, Dark Lord Maul, etc., etc., are all examples of the 'Dark Lord of the Sith' title being used again and again in the SAME universe.

BTW: I personally don't see the problem with him being an uncommon darklord. As long as he has Unleashed Fury, I'll be fine.
Multiple Dark Lords in the same universe is fine, that was never the problem. The problem is the unique sound of that. There are multiple Dark Lords, yeah, but not two Dark Lord Revans, not two Dark Lord Dooku's. They each have different names. If the Werewolf Lord were a new Unique Hero, yeah I'd have zero doubts.

Its still technically possible, but I maintain that its thematically awkward if they did that.

Quote:
I would like it if someone could post all the official DnD powers of these figures.
When I get home I can post some of their original cards so you can see them. I think the most helpful one may be the Shadow Dancer. Werewolf Lord's card is interesting, but the Lycan power is brand new to us.

Dragonborn do have breath powers, so I'd expect something on that front.

Last edited by Robotech Master; June 8th, 2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

If the bases are different then it was probably changed for the D&D fans so that they can use the minis as well. It really does makes sense to base them so that they can be used for both games and I can't fault WotC for going that route if this is why. It will make more people happy and generate more sales. If I were working for WotC I would have advocated this change myself.
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's a post I wanted to rescue from the other discussion thread that got closed down. It's got all the pictures of the figures, the descriptions from the back, and I put in which general they all follow. I figured it would be a good, easy place to find everything instead of trying to hunt around for it all.

Spoiler Alert!

Enjoy!!

Edit: Maybe Therrian (the original poster of this thread) can add this to the front along with the other stuff we know.

Also, has anyone with the design team or WotC considered flagging the items on ebay for removal?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; June 8th, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib View Post
If the bases are different then it was probably changed for the D&D fans so that they can use the minis as well. It really does makes sense to base them so that they can be used for both games and I can't fault WotC for going that route if this is why. It will make more people happy and generate more sales. If I were working for WotC I would have advocated this change myself.
I dunno. I was playing with DDM proxies and GB said it would create a problem in tournaments because of base size and centering on the hex. It seems the standardized bases are integral to the rules of HS.

The bases also have to fit in the ladder rungs and leave enough room for the scuplt to clear the vertical parts.
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:57 PM

Scape Goes Up to 11! is surprisingly tart

Speculation on one of the Heroes:

Spoiler Alert!

Great Trades With: 'Scaper94, Sir Galahad, Gulp

Last edited by Scape Goes Up to 11!; June 8th, 2010 at 01:13 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News