Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 10th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy
I was anxious to meet some people from 'Scapers, and was quite pleased that none of them were weirdos when I met them...well, if you don't count the fact that they are most 25 and older and play Heroscape, which is looked down upon in most towns. Supergeek, Jexik, Jormi, Codeman, HeroscapeDiva, were all really nice. They were the ones that stuck out, and were really nice. I'm glad that people in my area, that I've met, aren't complete and utter freaks. Supergeek, sometimes, but thats just him.
Same thing with me in January. My dad kind of raised his eyebrows when we got there, but it ended up all right and I had a great time.
Old April 12th, 2008, 02:57 AM

ra914 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Deleted

Last edited by ra914; April 20th, 2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:08 AM

bbearz is surprisingly tart
Re: Safety In Meeting Online Friends In Real Life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I was anxious to meet some people from 'Scapers, and was quite pleased that none of them were weirdos when I met them
You haven't met this weirdo, yet.

I agree with the original post of this thread, but also to the contributions that others have made. Safety is a huge concern, but it is also is one that we don't need to over-react upon. Clearly the argument is different for females, but that is more to do with the small percentage of history of sexual misconduct that has sadly infiltrated the growing popularity of online communities. The risk is low, to a degree, when used with caution, but predators will always be out there lurking.

I am a "weirdo" in the sense that I have a tendency to put myself out there on occasion. I enjoy the thrill of stepping outside my comfort zone, and one of these ways is by meeting new people on a daily basis. So in a unique way, I find pleasure in making acquaintances with complete strangers.

All that aside, I look forward to meeting some of you guys, and rest assure that you will have always have a fun, safe time around me.

- - Looking for HeroScape gaming in Dallas/FW area - -
Also play any/all board games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events