Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM

Hsfan123 has disabled reputation
Quicksand?

What does everyone think about getting some water or ice or any tiles that are liquid and paint them beige to make quicksand? If anyone likes that then i need some special ability ideas for it i got one: flying figures cannot fly over it. So give me your ideas.

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." -Einstein
Let your mind stretch.
Old January 13th, 2007, 09:00 PM

Lex has disabled reputation
5 Levels of Quicksand

When a figure steps on quicksand roll a D20. If you roll 1-2 destroy that figure. If you roll a 3-10 nothing happens. If you roll 11-20 the figure gos to Quicksand Level 1.

Quisksand Level 1: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1-8 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 19-20 Destroy the figure. If you roll a 9-18 go to Quicksand Level 2.

Quisksand Level 2: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1-6 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 19-20 Destroy the figure. If you roll a 7-18 go to Quicksand Level 3.

Quisksand Level 3: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1-4 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 19-20 Destroy the figure. If you roll a 5-18 go to Quicksand Level 4.

Quisksand Level 4: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1-2 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 17-20 Destroy the figure. If you roll a 3-16 go to Quicksand Level 5.

Quisksand Level 5: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 2-20 destroy the figure.

Hope this gives you an idea.

"I was once eaten by a krug... It spit me out... I guess I don't taste very good."

Old January 13th, 2007, 09:34 PM

whitefish has disabled reputation
Awesome idea ^^^^^

The MIGHTY Cheatriots have FALLEN! Thank you Eli!
Old January 13th, 2007, 09:36 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Why would flyers not be able to fly over quicksand? just a question... good idea though!
Old January 13th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Yay! People like my idea and yea I agree. Flyers should be able to fly right over quicksand just as they can water.

"I was once eaten by a krug... It spit me out... I guess I don't taste very good."

Old January 14th, 2007, 12:08 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
Yay! People like my idea and yea I agree. Flyers should be able to fly right over quicksand just as they can water.
I like your idea, too, though I would chage the numbers around a bit as in Heroscape, low numbers bad, high numbers good. So just change it so instead of 1-2 you escape the sand, 1-2 you're destroyed and 19-20 you escape, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDino
Why would flyers not be able to fly over quicksand? just a question... good idea though!
I think the idea was all figures should be subject to being sucked in, but I agree, fliers shouldn't be restricted.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 14th, 2007, 03:21 PM

Yeah I made that mistake early on and just went with it because I was lazy give me a few minutes and I'll switch it up.

Edit:
5 Levels of Quicksand (Revised)

When a figure steps on quicksand roll a D20. If you roll 1-7 nothing happens. If you roll a 8-17 Go to Quicksand Level 1. If you roll 18-20 destroy the figure.

Quisksand Level 1: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1-8 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 9-18 go to Quicksand Level 2. If you roll a 19-20 Destroy the figure.

Quisksand Level 2: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1-6 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 7-18 go to Quicksand Level 3. If you roll a 19-20 Destroy the figure.

Quisksand Level 3: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1-4 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 5-18 go to Quicksand Level 4. If you roll a 19-20 Destroy the figure.

Quisksand Level 4: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1-2 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 3-16 go to Quicksand Level 5. If you roll a 17-20 Destroy the figure.

Quisksand Level 5: When attempting to leave a Quicksand tile roll a D20. If you roll a 1 move to an adjacent tile and end your move. If you roll a 2-20 destroy the figure.

Hope that is better.

Old January 14th, 2007, 08:00 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart
Neat idea but how would you keep track of what level of quick sand a figure is in? I could see that being pretty confusing with a bunch of quicksand, especially with squads..
Maybe markers or something to go on the figures card...?

Old January 14th, 2007, 08:48 PM

Ok I made some simple markers.

Print multiple copies on cardstock then cut them out.

Old January 15th, 2007, 02:15 AM

Crookeye has disabled reputation
the only problem with this is you'd have to make it worth going into the quicksand. like a glyph or objective. but even then someone would just use a flyer to pass right over it.
Old January 15th, 2007, 02:19 AM

Or you could litter the field with Quicksand so it is Inevitable not to step on it.

Old January 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Here's a simpler quicksand function that is low enough risk that players may be tempted to cross the quicksand.

Any activated figure who attempts to leave a quicksand hex during their movement must roll the D20. If they roll an 6 or less, that figure's movement phase is ended and they remain on the quicksand hex. Non-flying figures must roll the D20 for each quicksand hex they attempt to leave. Flying figures roll the D20 only for quicksand hexes they on which they began their movement.
Any figure standing on a quicksand hex rolls one less attack die when attacking and one less defense die when being attacked.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles