G-nators 58 15.80%
Roman Archers 61 16.62%
Zettian Guards 65 17.71%
Tarn Vikings 31 8.45%
Sacred Band 48 13.08%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 25th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Just to play devil's advocate, the Zettians could easily earn their points against some Einar Imperium...
Alot of things could do that.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDino
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattar007
keep in mind, that the zetians are a defensive unit...
... That still don't kill anything.
So your saying anything with 2 attack can't kill anything? That eliminates a lot squads........ Besides the second one can get 3 attack if targeting the same figure.
Lets see what I else I can get for 65-70 points.

65 Points
The Book of Armoc Vipers
The Book of Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
The Book of Tagawa Samurai Archers

70 Points
The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line
The Book of Aubrien Archers
The Book of Heavy Gruts
The Book of Knights of Weston

Notice how all of these squads or heros are better, for equal or lower cost.
All which have 2 to 4 defense. The 4th Mass have a base of 2 attack, as do the Aubriens, and the Tagawa, and Johnny Shotgun......
First of all, the 4th Mass are probably getting wait then fire, maybe even the valiant bonus.

Second, the Zettians only attack twice, if that. Compared to 3 or 4 attacks and common status. And once the other dies, forget about killing anything.

Third, I don't like the TSA and haven't used the Aubriens, but alot of people like them, and thier power rankings are higher.
Fourth, most squads have 2 - 4 defence, not just the ones I listed.

Fifth, no one cares about Johnny's base attack, everybody just uses him as a cheap alternative to DW 9000.

Sixth, I have to spend 90 points to boost thier move.

Seventh, they never earn thier points back. They may kill a squaddie, but it probably won't equal 70 points.
1. They still fall like flies...

2. So? Their defense lets them live long enough (normally)

3. ok, kinda pointless to say you don't much about these 2 squads in usage

4. I already said they have 2-4 defense read my earlier post

5. Touche, that's a good point but just saying base attack is 2 like all the rest there. (valiant bonus adds defense)

6. Warden 816 is a waste of 90 points? He's a great hero!

7. High defense usually lets them live plenty long wnough to earn back their points.

No, their defense does not let them live long enough. One turn of attacks will probably kill one of them. Not to mention they don't kill anything and don't warrant an order marker.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:03 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattar007
keep in mind, that the zetians are a defensive unit...
... That still don't kill anything.
So your saying anything with 2 attack can't kill anything? That eliminates a lot squads........ Besides the second one can get 3 attack if targeting the same figure.
Lets see what I else I can get for 65-70 points.

65 Points
The Book of Armoc Vipers
The Book of Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
The Book of Tagawa Samurai Archers

70 Points
The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line
The Book of Aubrien Archers
The Book of Heavy Gruts
The Book of Knights of Weston

Notice how all of these squads or heros are better, for equal or lower cost.
All which have 2 to 4 defense. The 4th Mass have a base of 2 attack, as do the Aubriens, and the Tagawa, and Johnny Shotgun......
First of all, the 4th Mass are probably getting wait then fire, maybe even the valiant bonus.

Second, the Zettians only attack twice, if that. Compared to 3 or 4 attacks and common status. And once the other dies, forget about killing anything.

Third, I don't like the TSA and haven't used the Aubriens, but alot of people like them, and thier power rankings are higher.

Fifth, no one cares about Johnny's base attack, everybody just uses him as a cheap alternative to DW 9000.

Seventh, they never earn thier points back. They may kill a squaddie, but it probably won't equal 70 points.

5. Touche, that's a good point but just saying base attack is 2 like all the rest there. (valiant bonus adds defense)

7. High defense usually lets them live plenty long wnough to earn back their points.

No, their defense does not let them live long enough. One turn of attacks will probably kill one of them. Not to mention they don't kill anything and don't warrant an order marker.
Whatever, you keep saying the same things over and over, I have my opinions, you have yours. So let's stop spamming!
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:09 PM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
goomba, the 4th mass would rarely ever get wait then fire vs the zettians. The zettians have a range of 7 meaning the 4th Mass will have to move into range to attack. Without very good luck 2 attack will not be hitting 7 defense
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCfan
goomba, the 4th mass would rarely ever get wait then fire vs the zettians. The zettians have a range of 7 meaning the 4th Mass will have to move into range to attack. Without very good luck 2 attack will not be hitting 7 defense
I meant 4th Mass in general, not versus Zettians.

Old March 1st, 2008, 08:44 AM

jedi_imperium has disabled reputation
Zettians have always done well in my house. By brother continually puts them and Deathwalker 9000 up on a hill together and completely destroys me.

I might have to go for Dzu-teh myself. They are only good if you have a ton of heavy snow, slippery ice, and glaciers. Whenever they pop out to attack, they get mowed down by my enemy. I guess the only real use for them would be in a capture the flag on a pure snow map.

Continue your futile attempts at resistence, for you are only prolonging the inevitable. in the end the Esenweins will have you begging for destuction.
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:46 PM

Iid be willing to bet that if people had to include either the Zettians or Einar Imperium the vast majority would choose the zettians
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:

1. I'm sorry, a unit that is in a squad of FOUR with a defense of 3 since most people play them with Valiant armies drop like flies? They get four attacks and it takes a while to kill all four of them, especially when you consider that the 4th Mass are going to recieve reinforcements. Meanwhile, the Zettains ONLY have the defense going for them, and the defense doesn't work for me 90% of the time.
2. You say "So?" like it isn't a big deal. It IS a big deal. It takes forever for the Zettains to kill anything with that horrid attack. You're looking at a squad that takes 3 turns to kill 1 squad and a half of 4th Mass, and that's assuming they kill one EVERY ATTACK, which they probably won't. In that time, assuming I'm using the 4th, I get 12 attacks on your Zettains, in which you'll probably be dead.
3. I'll admit that this defense is pretty bad if you look at only the power rankings, but I think what he's trying to get across is that if you compare the Zettains to other units that cost 70 points or more, they're vastly inferior to them. The 4th Mass own simply because they're a squad of 4, the Stingers can mop the floor with most of the units in the game, the Aubriens can attack 6 times or more if they get frenzies and are decent without them, the Marro Warriors have a far better survivability and are a squad of 4 again and cost 20 less, and the list goes on and on...
4. You say they all have a base of 2 or 4 defense. This argument is stupid. What they lack in defense is the ability to actually kill something, and plus, you have to kill 3 or more when facing one of those guys. I'll take a defense in numbers of units over a defense in number of dice any day.
5. Valiant bonus adds defense, sure, but aren't you arguing that the Zettains are better because of DEFENSE? Besides, I have to kill 4 of the 4th Mass. Ignoring that gripe about the Valiant Bonus hinted in your post, Johnny Shotgun is hardly used on our table, so I can't say much about him. Moving on.
6. The Warden, a great hero? He has only 2 life. 6 defense can fall extremely easily to most squads, and he can't even attack more than once. Plus, compare him to Crixus. Crixus might not be ranged, but at least he can actually attack something before he hits the bucket. When I play the Warden, he only gets one attack off before he dies.
7. I disagree that the Zettains will NEVER earn their points back. That's simply not possible. I agree with the fact they usually don't. They simply take too long to do it. I can do it far quicker with other units, compared to how the Zettains usually have to use up 3 or 4 turns just to get their points back. That's three or four turns you could use on the rest of your army.
Phew. I'm off my soap box now. Sorry if I offend you at any point during this point, Dark Dino. I seriously dissagree that the Zettains are any good, though. Still, a unit's effectiveness can change drastically depending on what maps a person plays, who they play, and all sorts of other factors. So while they might be good in your house, they're bad in mine.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:16 PM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCfan
Iid be willing to bet that if people had to include either the Zettians or Einar Imperium the vast majority would choose the zettians
Once again, apples to oranges. We're comparing a cheap unique squad against an expensive common squad. Obviously, I'm in the minority here when I say I would take the EI over the ZG. I love using the EI. They have always had a strong showing for me, and earn their keep.

As far as the worst squad goes, I think it should be renamed "The Least-Used Squad." Any squad, when used correctly in the right situation, can be valuable, and any squad used incorrectly, would fall like flies before a decent player.

Old March 1st, 2008, 01:25 PM

it is worthy to bring up the EI, they are the worst squad in the game, the thread title is about which is the worst and the EI are not even a choice which is crazy
Old March 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I disagree that the Einar Imperium are the worst. Sure, they're pretty bad, but they're not the worst. The Osbidian Guards and Zettains take that award. At least they can kill a ridiculous amount of things if the opponent messes up.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:42 PM

jedi_imperium has disabled reputation
I admit some are better, but the Imperium are most certainly not the worst. They are likely my favorite squad, especially if they are backed by the Empress.

Continue your futile attempts at resistence, for you are only prolonging the inevitable. in the end the Esenweins will have you begging for destuction.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units