Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 30th, 2019, 04:42 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (9-26-19)

I've been mulling it over for the past few days and I think I have a fixed version of the firebat. I didn't want to give him the Mimring fire line because its wonky and terrain/height-defying. I think I have a reasonable median now between the two.

Firebat (updated)
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 30th, 2019, 07:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Id be a little wary of giving an auto defense to a unit that already has 3 defense dice. This guy will die to his stimpack before falling to an enemy. Most scape figures that have an auto block are 2 defense or less. You will see this in testing. Have you printed any of the starcraft minis yet?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 1st, 2019, 02:35 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

I have not. I've been using proxy figures to test things. My initial design of the Firebat had him at 1 health, 2 defense and the auto shield. He died constantly, and that was rough for a figure that is not terribly fast and essentially melee (and not a squad). I tried at 3 defense and upped health and he seems to make it into melee better now. I have considered adjusting his base defense to 2 and adding a tag onto his armor ability that gives him +1 defense vs non-adjacent attackers, so he can weather the ranged attacks, but is a bit easier to take down in melee. That being said, when I've tested him, he does what he's supposed to, which is get into melee range and endure. He is supposed to be a squad killer. Auto shields seem to be worth about 2 defense equivalently with an edge against low dice squads. I'm still testing this incarnation of the Firebat though, so I haven't reached a true verdict as far as his defenses go.
Old October 1st, 2019, 03:46 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

You should look into some Reaper minis for these guys. They have some generic looking space troopers that are obviously inspired by SC.

I’d have rolled Unstable into Stimpack and just made their flamers a special attack - look at C3V’s Incindeborgs.
Old October 1st, 2019, 05:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
I have not. I've been using proxy figures to test things. My initial design of the Firebat had him at 1 health, 2 defense and the auto shield. He died constantly, and that was rough for a figure that is not terribly fast and essentially melee (and not a squad). I tried at 3 defense and upped health and he seems to make it into melee better now. I have considered adjusting his base defense to 2 and adding a tag onto his armor ability that gives him +1 defense vs non-adjacent attackers, so he can weather the ranged attacks, but is a bit easier to take down in melee. That being said, when I've tested him, he does what he's supposed to, which is get into melee range and endure. He is supposed to be a squad killer. Auto shields seem to be worth about 2 defense equivalently with an edge against low dice squads. I'm still testing this incarnation of the Firebat though, so I haven't reached a true verdict as far as his defenses go.
Quite a few of the models Ive found print great in fdm. I have a dozen terran marines, Jim raynor, tychus, about 8 protoss zealots, the exact Artanis figure you showed(already painted) and 4 siege tanks( two in seige mode two in tank mode.) I think Im going to print a bunch more marines and change them from common heroes to common squads in my project thread. The supports are a little more tricky to pull on the zealots and artanis. I havent printed any ghosts or firebats yet. Ill have to look into that.

Old October 2nd, 2019, 02:17 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
You should look into some Reaper minis for these guys. They have some generic looking space troopers that are obviously inspired by SC.

I’d have rolled Unstable into Stimpack and just made their flamers a special attack - look at C3V’s Incindeborgs.
As I mentioned at the post creation, I was starting Starcraft because I was inspired by the Shapeways minis. There are two storefronts with some pretty great stuff (the images that are shared are actually from Shapeways). They are a little pricey, but they look great.

I considered rolling unstable into Stimpack, but chose not to for the sole reason that stimpack is a common ability on Terran. I don't want to hide extra abilities in the stimpack text because people are likely to miss them at a glance and it keeps the ability clean. It'd be like hiding ability text after "Flying" but still calling it "Flying".

There are a couple reasons I don't want to make the flamethrowers a special attack; 1.) I want the Firebat's attack to always have that property (as it only has flamethrowers to attack with) and 2.) Stimpack affects attack and would not benefit a special attack (same with any other dice modifiers), and it would be worse to add a bunch of clunky rules to make the special benefit from stimpacks.

I do think I'm going to roll his defense back to 2 and alter his armor to have +1 defense vs non-adjacent attacks. It has felt a lot better to play against with that change. Melee squads were at a bit too much of a disadvantage against his defense, but I feel as a "melee" squad counter he still needs a little help weathering ranged attacks to get into a position to do his job. I am watching his points vs durability though. Starting to feel like he may need to get bumped up 5-10 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quite a few of the models Ive found print great in fdm. I have a dozen terran marines, Jim raynor, tychus, about 8 protoss zealots, the exact Artanis figure you showed(already painted) and 4 siege tanks( two in seige mode two in tank mode.) I think Im going to print a bunch more marines and change them from common heroes to common squads in my project thread. The supports are a little more tricky to pull on the zealots and artanis. I havent printed any ghosts or firebats yet. Ill have to look into that.
Yeah, I'm sure I'll get around to actually printing and painting stuff once I get rules nailed down. I might go back and make some common marine squads at some point, but I wanted to focus on the heroes at this point and fill some roles.
Old October 14th, 2019, 03:46 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Still working on the Firebat, but in the meantime, another Protoss Update;

Zeratul
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 14th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Lumovanis' Customs [Current Project: Starcraft (10-14-19

Zeratul's looking broken to me. Stealth Dodge vs. everything, even at 3 defence, is dangerous ground, one of the most powerful defensive abilities you can have in the game - C3G has something similar, but figures with it have never gone above 4 Life and 3 Defence, and one of them (admittedly a leader figure) comes in at 200; all of them are pains in the arse to take down. This guy has that plus, effectively, 6 Life and end of round healing - he's going to last for ages! The concept looks fun, but that's looking busted at 150 right now.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 14th, 2019, 10:40 PM
"like" happy

I made some more progress with the printing end on making the Terran Ghosts. They turned out very cool. So far I printed 6 of them and I think will make a great common hero. I also printed out a Zeratul(different sculpt than yours). I broke in a handful of places when removing supports but I'll fix it fairly easily. Having the luck with the other ones so well, I downloaded a bunch of other Starcraft STLs. For Ghosts, and Zeratul, I plan on making them a cloaking ability and giving them very low defense. They aren't very strong when they are uncloaked. I've even considered printing out all the fun little buildings I've seen on thingiverse and just printing them out as big as my print bed. Though not sure what they would do, if anything besides look cool on the battlefield.

Old October 15th, 2019, 01:26 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Zeratul's looking broken to me. Stealth Dodge vs. everything, even at 3 defence, is dangerous ground, one of the most powerful defensive abilities you can have in the game - C3G has somethe pains in the arse to take down. This guy has that plus, effectively, 6 Life and end of round healing - he's going to last for ages! The concept looks fun, but that's looking busted at 150 right now.
Yeah, he's definitely going to need a point boost. I had that feeling when he was posted, the stealth defense points were more tailored to a 3 life vs a 6 life with an upside. Having tested him a little, yeah, he's a lot of fun, but he is feeling like a 230 at least. You aren't wrong, I definitely realized it was going to be a problem at initial testing setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I made some more progress with the printing end on making the Terran Ghosts. They turned out very cool. So far I printed 6 of them and I think will make a great common hero. I also printed out a Zeratul(different sculpt than yours). I broke in a handful of places when removing supports but I'll fix it fairly easily. Having the luck with the other ones so well, I downloaded a bunch of other Starcraft STLs. For Ghosts, and Zeratul, I plan on making them a cloaking ability and giving them very low defense. They aren't very strong when they are uncloaked. I've even considered printing out all the fun little buildings I've seen on thingiverse and just printing them out as big as my print bed. Though not sure what they would do, if anything besides look cool on the battlefield.
Well, Zeratul never really uncloaks. Depending on what era of Starcraft you're pulling from, neither will Ghosts. I tied in a slight drawback to Nova's cloak in my set, but Zeratul is always cloaked.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards