Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 24th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
If you have played San Juan you will pick this right up. As a matter of fact this was the mechanic that was NOT picked to be San Juan.

IMO it kicks A S S !
1st pick = San Juan
2nd pick - Race for the Galaxy

Go for the 1st pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro View Post
Truth and I sat down at Gen Con to play this last year, took one look at the rulebook, and played something else.
To be fair, we were on like our 4th day of sleep deprivation and we just didn't have the mental energy to take in this kind of rulebook.
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My feelings exactly. Once school let's out my brain will unfreeze. Sleep deprivation blows...

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
My feelings exactly. Once school let's out my brain will unfreeze. Sleep deprivation blows...

Why sleep when one can game?

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:13 PM

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

But...brain don't work...

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old June 24th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I found it pretty baffling the first time I sat down to read the rules too. I had a couple of advantages:
1) I was already familiar with San Juan, so I got the gist of it pretty quickly.
2) I was by myself and got both the main game and the solitaire rules from the expansion in the same shipment. I was able to sit down and play solo, and take my time without the pressure of having another impatient player.

The iconography takes a while to learn, but once you've got it down it's pretty straightforward.
Old June 26th, 2009, 12:47 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The D6 Generation just did an episode focusing on RftG, so that might be a useful tool for learning.
http://www.thed6generation.com/
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From Fri-Sat

BSG
RftG
I'm the Boss x 2
Shadow Hunters x2
Snow Tails
Colosseum
Cold War

and some more that I just cant remember right now...still too tired

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM

Heroscape!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old June 29th, 2009, 10:53 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got a lot of games in this weeekend:
Galaxy Trucker x3
Small World x2
Citadels
Tribune
Godzilla: Monster's Attack
Mall of Horror
Fury of Dracula
Probably some others I am forgetting.
Old June 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM

I own Mall of Horror and have [layed it a few times. I like it quite a bit. What do you think of it? Also, I'm inetrested in the Dracula game, what are your thoughts on it?

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old June 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
The iconography takes a while to learn, but once you've got it down it's pretty straightforward.
This is my experience with RftG as well.

The first 2-4 games were kind of confusing, but the next 25 weren't. It's an awesome game.

My friends and I finally tried out Dominion about a week ago too. It's another winner, but much easier to teach new players. It still took me several games to even have a moderate sense of what I should be buying each turn though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games