Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 18th, 2021, 04:12 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Suggestions for the C3V

I very much want that bear to be the Aquilla flagbearer. Whether it's a 3D print or a sticker, Hrognak provides precedent for a figure needing a mod to be inducted into the C3V. Not only that, but if the figure is expensive there is a perfect proxy available on thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3939876
Old November 18th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Very interesting. Understand that I don't mean this in a disparaging way, though: I will be shocked if you guys can figure out uses for either of the seagull or the raven miniatures in that box.
Oh that's easy. They're familiars. Or at least that's my very original, never before conceived, idea. But who knows if that'll ever happen.
It'd be cool to see Brandis Skyhunter get some synergy going. He needs a pet or something since no one else will hang out with half-elves.
It is my opinion, that "Half Elf" should have come with a power that allowed him to be both Elf and Human Simultaneously for any relevant powers. But that's just me. I have no idea if anyone else feels this way or not.

As for whether we will do anything with Half Elves; Fantasy figures are so common, that we try to put our efforts towards almost anything else. Unless we feel that we can do something really interesting with a figure/design, or fill some obvious hole in the lore/synergy, we generally avoid it. It will probably happen eventually, but eventually is probably years away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I very much want that bear to be the Aquilla flagbearer. Whether it's a 3D print or a sticker, Hrognak provides precedent for a figure needing a mod to be inducted into the C3V. Not only that, but if the figure is expensive there is a perfect proxy available on thingiverse:

Hrognak is a special case, where we had a C3V member who was willing to hand paint and prep several hundred figures. While it does open the possibility, it also requires that someone be willing to put all of that work in. We are a volunteer group, and everything we do is done in the free time we happen to have. Prepping several hundred figures for something like this requires a lot of that free time and effort. Whoever does that has to choose to do that over anything else the C3V might need, and anything else they might want to do in their own life outside of HeroScape and the C3V. That's not even touching the monetary barrier of needing to buy enough figures and supplies, and then actually finding the time to modify them. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I am saying it's not as easy as you might be thinking it is.
Old November 18th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post

I think it'd be a good flagbearer. I don't think trying to repeat the Hrognak approach is a good idea, however.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2021, 06:50 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh absolutely! This would not be an imposition like Hrognak (and that C3V member was incredibly gracious to donate his time - I wasn't really into C3V then, don't know who it was). But this modification would not require that kind of time (or really any time) from someone.

This would be mostly printing stickers. If you print a sticker of a flag in a diamond shape, you can fold it around the pole so that it makes a triangle with the design on both sides, like this:

https://ibb.co/JkcJy96

It could be that not everyone has a way to print stickers out (although just about anyone can run to a FedEx to do it) and someone volunteers to print several sheets worth and sell them for a dollar or two... but it would not be a 2nd Hrognak. And again, thanks so much to the person who did that Hrognak project.
Old November 18th, 2021, 06:56 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It was Soundwarp SG-1, hero to the peoples.

I'm team stickers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2021, 07:20 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seems like an ideal opportunity that may or may not come around again. Would be nice to see the flagbearers completed.
Old November 18th, 2021, 07:54 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Just going to point out that if we were go this route, literally any Spear, Pole, or long protruding thing on a figure, could be converted into a flag.
Old November 18th, 2021, 09:22 PM

Yes. And a Dwarf riding a bear is a particularly good option within that category.

Old November 30th, 2021, 07:44 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

What particularly nice about an option like this, is that the figure would also work just fine without the printed flag. It's something that can be added, but is not necessary--the figure would still clearly look like a significant leader, with or without a printed flag.
Old December 1st, 2021, 12:03 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

After thinking about it, I don't think the miniature is right for VC. Probably not for a flag "bearer" either lol. There isn't exactly a rush or pressure to complete the flag cycle so if this does wind up being used by VC maybe it's just better to make a mounted dwarf champion of some type similar to Hrognak (mounted and unmounted because the figure exists both ways I think?).

Possibility that the bear might not fit on a peanut or there might be availability issues as well. Maybe a unit with a flag will come along in some other form that'd be better.

Last edited by Shiftrex; December 1st, 2021 at 12:24 AM.
Old December 10th, 2021, 11:06 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I noticed here recently how cheaply you can buy a copy of BattleBall. You can buy copies on ebay for anywhere from $15-$30. With all the figures in there, why not use them for post apocalyptic characters? It could be a perfect fit since if I'm remembering correctly there was some connection between 'scape and BattleBall
Old December 10th, 2021, 11:08 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
I noticed here recently how cheaply you can buy a copy of BattleBall. You can buy copies on ebay for anywhere from $15-$30. With all the figures in there, why not use them for post apocalyptic characters? It could be a perfect fit since if I'm remembering correctly there was some connection between 'scape and BattleBall
I for one would love to see this happen. Thanks for mentioning it!

And yes, characters from both scape and battleball are known to come from territories in risk 2210. Almost like Craig and rob were creating a loosely connected hasbro-verse ��

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; December 10th, 2021 at 11:31 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs