Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 30th, 2021, 02:03 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Invoking strike does seem unreliable, but it's a really fun ability because it has such a unique mechanic. Changing it to +3 (so 6 attack) could make Phoah Ra a little scarier (if he gets height, that could be an instakill on Raelin) and thus make him require a little more of your opponents attention. It also helps him against Q9 - if you're advancing a figure who could end up getting 6 or 7 attack on Q9, I better kill him, but as soon as I do Q9 will be cursed.

Plus, it fits so well with the look of the mini.

It's not optimally strategized and it results in the unit costing more points than it should for the most competitive army, but I'm not against having a really fun hero in the Agent Carr tier (C/C+)
Old November 30th, 2021, 02:42 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I'm not sure I'd be all that incentivised to use OM's on him to be honest. I'd rather have another Crypt for cheaper as the movement bonding is nice, but not really great. I think you could help him a bit by making him more of a cheerleader - so you get him into position and have the occasional OM on him - rather than trying to make him an offensive piece with Invoking Strike. You could give him some sort of debuff aura called "Invoke Disease" or something that activates the whole round but only when an OM is revealed. That way you still use a turn with him but it activates a curse of sorts. That makes him a little more spicey, and it allows the main OM's of the army to still remain with the Crypts. Also, I think based on that "magic" looking stuff, you could give him a short ranged value of 4 which would make him useful for those times you throw an OM on him to activate his aura or whatever.
Interesting ideas to play with. I think his cheerleading role would be an effective use for him. Giving disease to nearby undead/crypt guardians. The debuff would most likely be defense or it could have some mix with the auto wound idea.

Currently how he plays is you use OM's on him at the start getting him and crypt guardians out, then depending on the matchup either you continue to use him while you can,start using the crypt guardians separate, or move in reserves/ranged , but once he is positioned a bit, you can throw him in when needed... or just let him take the hits and activate curse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Invoking strike does seem unreliable, but it's a really fun ability because it has such a unique mechanic. Changing it to +3 (so 6 attack) could make Phoah Ra a little scarier (if he gets height, that could be an instakill on Raelin) and thus make him require a little more of your opponents attention. It also helps him against Q9 - if you're advancing a figure who could end up getting 6 or 7 attack on Q9, I better kill him, but as soon as I do Q9 will be cursed.

Plus, it fits so well with the look of the mini.

It's not optimally strategized and it results in the unit costing more points than it should for the most competitive army, but I'm not against having a really fun hero in the Agent Carr tier (C/C+)
Thank you, so far I have enjoyed it, but definitely would like to probe into other possible ideas too.

I thought about giving it a +3 and will play with that some. I just have to be careful with anything that will bump points much since his preferred use alongside CG's is a larger point package. Giving him anything more undead/CG synergy related to make him better than he is makes him less of a solo pick and more stuck to those synergy webs, though the undead possibility could have some nice broader use.

I see him having a rough time cutting through a screen with the single attack, and worst part about it is that it isn't guaranteed. Though the nearby CG's help, it's either a wasteful 3A attack, or even a 5-6 attack on just 1 fig. (Like you said, unreliable) So you have to pray for back to back odds in your favor for things to go right, and getting through squads is futile, so I'll need to do more squad heavy tests with him. Though it's funny that the CG are a heavy squad counter, so he does lend himself as a decent front for some ranged reserves. The CG serve as an excellent screen. And the preliminary factor in all this is his lower cost in tandem with the curse.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; November 30th, 2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old December 19th, 2021, 04:27 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 19th, 2021, 04:27 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry, double post for user-based technical problems.

I have had this guy lying around for a while. Arena of the Planeswalkers was a great game, sadly short-lived. I wanted to integrate the miniatures into normal HeroScape and worked on custom figures for them, branching away from what they were in Magic. One idea was to try for Elementalists that weren't All-Rounders like Kurrok, but rather based in one area. Prince Shamayim (hebrew for heaven) is the Air Elementalist I developed.

Prince Shamayim rides the wind into battle and then lashes his opponents with his wind-whip. He is as good as Crixus with his shield and can use his wind-whip to conjure up replacement elementals if his is destroyed. He should be considered as a 120 point figure with the Air Elemental and the combination of powers must be considered together - Swirling Vortex and Stealth Flying help him get out of tight spots and control melee battles better, while the bonding with the Air Elemental gives him effectively a double attack.

Compared to Crixus, he has the interaction with the air elemental (flying and double attack), but you also have to pay for the Air Elemental and at 120 he is competing with units like Kaemon Awa, Agent Skahen and Krug (all double attacks, some with range compared to Shamayim's Flying). One Shield Defense gives him some staying power, but 3 dice can leave you with a whiff every once in a while (we know it from Crixus).

Compared to Kurrok he is cheaper, has the same Elemental Regeneration chances, but is limited to Air Elementals. Instead of 3 turns with 2 Elementals, he has his bonded turn with move and attack with an adjacent Air Elemental.

I'd like to throw Shamayim in the ring for SoV, partially because I figure most of us have him already and the AotP Master Set is cheap and worth every penny, even if you only used the painted figures and terrain mats for HeroScape and threw the rest away.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 20th, 2021, 12:40 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey @Tai-Pan , thanks for sharing your custom!

First off, I want to say I really like this design. Mechanically everything fits together really well, and it seems like he'd facilitate a really fun and unique playstyle.

I'm curious what planet he is from; I'm assuming Earth wouldn't work given the fantastical nature of his abilities.

As much as I love this design mechanically though, I've got serious reservations about sending this miniature through the SoV process as a standalone design. Historically, the only SoV miniatures that have been sold as part a larger set were extra minis from sets that the C3V had already committed to using. I'd really prefer not to send this lone design through SoV and require people to spend $20 for a single SoV design, when there's no guarantee or even any potential plans that VC will use any of the other figures from that box.

That being said, I'd love to see this design either submitted using a different miniature, or submitted along with 5 or so other designs from the AotP set. For the former route, I think this mini could be promising, although I also think you should be able to find plenty of other "knight with shield" minis fairly easily:
Spoiler Alert!

Also, if you'd like to keep working on more VC compatible designs using the AotP minis, you might be interested in the Arena of the Valkyrie project. That project is working on a complete VC-compatible Master Set using the prepainted figures from the three AotP boxes, and (in my biased opinion) is doing some great work. Things have slowed down a bit lately as we had a couple prominent members take a step back from the site, but I'm hopeful that things will pick up a bit after the holidays, and we always welcome feedback on any of the designs in progress. If that sounds like something you'd be interested, start at the Welcome Thread and feel free to tag me if you have any questions!
Old December 20th, 2021, 03:18 AM

That's the set, but not everyone is up to where I want them (Tera especially hasn't gotten much testing in this rendition).

And I don't know how it is stateside, but you can buy everything AotP (2 Master Sets + Expansion) for 20-40 Euros in Germany. Even for just the 12 (I think) painted figures, that is not bad!

Jugger

Old December 23rd, 2021, 03:35 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the ride the wind ability and think the Janni mini Cpt. Stupendous recommended fits that theme perfectly!
The names background is interesting. Check out the Anemoi for more wind theme names that could be spun off of.
The specialized elemental heroes could make for a pretty unique set.

The possibility of using AotP figs for SoV I imagine would be turbulent. Would definitely recommend AotV if you're interested in including more of the AotP stuff to classic. Haven't yet had the time myself though to give the project a proper look over.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; December 23rd, 2021 at 04:09 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2021, 06:08 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I have not seen much activity on AotV for awhile.
Old December 23rd, 2021, 10:42 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There is also no garuntee Aotp becomes a VC product or when they finalize anything, it's been a while at this point. If you've got good designs (more ways to use a figure?!?) Then I definitely want to see them.
Old December 23rd, 2021, 10:09 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I see these are all designed around the elementals of each general.

Shamayim looks fine.

Ignis looks fine

Tera worries me. Quicksand seems very strong. An area of effect 50/50 auto wound is going to be devastating against squads. And you just get to do that for free before your normal attack. That's a lot of power. Lion of Punjab builds are going to love her.

Kiora is cool, but Flood is a nonstarter I think. It is forever an annoyance to me that water works the way that it does, but it's basically a wall in most maps because it forces you to stop your movement. Water tiles would make it really easy to essentially block the movement of your opponent. Yeah, you can avoid it with water negation abilities, or flying, but SoV tests for tournament play, and tournaments don't usually let you draft based on the map/opponent. The design has to be balanced against all melee on a map where 6 water tiles will choke the movement options down to 1 - 2 tile paths into the map, and you get to choose those paths. The greatest arguments against that is that she has to get into the map to set that up, but it's still a massive concern, and I think some people will downvote for that potential alone.

These designs are all kind of gated by the C3V/SoV making a decision about the AotP. The two have loosely worked together, but nothing has officially been decided. If AotP gets finished, and the C3V wants to accept them, then that's going the leave these designs at odds with that decision. They have to make a statement when these are submitted to the SoV, or preferably sooner.
Old December 24th, 2021, 03:09 AM

Shamayim and Ignis are the two I think are most final. Kiora I really enjoy, but realize she is difficult for official games. But I have only ever played in one tournament, so casual and fun is fine by me. She works well with the Merman Rager custom from AotP who can destroy a Water Elemental if he's not on water to use a Tidal Wave �� Special Attack.

Back to the original submission though: design and finalization of Shamayim

Jugger

Old December 30th, 2021, 01:33 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Hello,
I am looking for feedback on my design. This is for the Crucible Rifleman from Mechwarrior. It is the purple robot from the set of six that the c3v team used for dealtacron, and death commander mark 3.
Here is the mini for reference:
Spoiler Alert!

Here is my design:

Thank You!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards