Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 22nd, 2014, 05:14 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Re: How DnD screwed up Heroscape

Yes, I knew that was also a reason for the smaller bases. 2014!! 10th year anniversary of Heroscape!!
Old August 22nd, 2014, 05:16 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just think they were gonna cancel anyway, and D&D was a last ditch effort to see if they could make any more off of it while at the same time drawing the fan base away from the product and to similar ones.

People who blame the D&D 'scape itself probably just disliked the shift away from Classic 'Scape to begin with. I don't know if it is the cause or not, but as far as I'm concerned we just got off with three extra waves before the final cancellation. I guess I'll take that over nothing.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 22nd, 2014, 05:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I just think they were gonna cancel anyway, and D&D was a last ditch effort to see if they could make any more off of it while at the same time drawing the fan base away from the product and to similar ones.
I was about to post something just along these same lines. I agree that this narrative seems the most correct. I think most of us who were irked at the time with the D&D change were more irked at realizing it was the beginning of the end than with the product itself.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 23rd, 2014, 12:34 AM

mee likey is surprisingly tart

I think everybody should just focus on the good news -- HeroScape is not dead. It lives in our hearts, and on our tabletops. (And if you don't want to play with the D&D figs, you don't have to. I don't use most of them, but how can you not enjoy some of them, like the hydra, wyvern or Brandis? You could just think of them as an extended arm of C3V, sculpts that were cool enough that they would have eventually been made into customs anyway. But come on, seriously...Brandis is an elf, not a stinkin' half-elf, that's just silly.)
Old August 23rd, 2014, 09:25 PM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
Ugh. That's all I have to say.
Long post for only saying Ugh.

This was very well written (+rep) but I do disagree with some of it.
Eladrin - There were three waves to make this race work without the mixture of other genres to finish it off. Is the Elf word really that bad?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 23rd, 2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: The rest of the disagreement would just prolong a dead argument. Let my scape live!
Old August 24th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Overall I like the things that were added with the D&D set. Uncommon heroes, shadow, rock outcrops and treasure glyphs are all great. I understand about the Eladrin/Elf thing, but nothing's perfect.

Old August 24th, 2014, 08:28 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good call on Uncommon Heroes - that's been an extremely useful addition for custom makers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And I must say I do like Treasure Glyphs more than Regular Glyphs.

Defense +2? Thorian Speed!? Who's gonna play with that!? Common and Unique Attack +1? It's too late to fix it now if you think Attack +1 was too good!

...Although Defense +1, Initiative +8, and Wound all make for nice rewards to add some tactical maneuvering to a game, but I rarely use any of the others. I never feel too guilty about dishing out some random treasures to make the Unique Heroes feel slightly more useful.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 24th, 2014, 11:48 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

Had it not been for the D&D additions to 'Scape, I never would have found 'Scape in the first place. For that alone, I'm profoundly grateful: it was the D&D hook that brought me here.

And let's face it: Shadow, and Rock Outcrops, are just awesome. Plus, Dungeon terrain looks WAY better than that icky-brown-framed Grass/Rock/Sand crap of RotV.
Old August 25th, 2014, 10:24 AM

Another one of the best contributions of DnDscape is definitely Batcave terrain.

Old August 25th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

D&D felt more like HEROscape than anything since RotV. I really enjoyed everything about it. They even made an effort to create campaign play.
If the rest of Heroscape was more like D&D I would still play classic.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 27th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

The thing that prevented me from purchasing any D&Dscape at the time was the fact that it was solely fantasy crap. Fantasy crap that didn't even fit with the aesthetic of the pre-existing Heroscape fantasy stuff that was tolerable and that I sort of liked.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion