Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old April 21st, 2022, 07:11 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
ScapeCon II Map Contest: Deadline May 7th

ScapeCon 2. (July 13th-17th) is fast approaching, which means it's time for another map contest!

Every year we have many ladders and battlements leftover from the terrain pool. I think it's time we make use of them, but not in the usual way.

Map building parameters:
  • Map submissions can have no more than 1 Master Set and 2
    Expansions OR 2 Master Sets and 1 Expansion
  • With the exception of battlements and ladders, you are not allowed to use the Road or Castle sets for this contest
  • Battlements and ladders can be added to any map without counting as using an expansion slot. In other words, you're able to do something like RoTV+Lave+Jungle+Battlements/Ladders
  • 24 Hex starting zone
  • Maps must be able to accommodate the Marro Hive
  • The Marvel set is not allowed since the Scapecon terrain doesn't include any sets

In depth ladder rules:
Spoiler Alert!

I can only recall a small handful of maps that use ladders or battlements, but don't use road/trees/pillars. These types of maps tend to shake things up in interesting ways, so it's a shame there are so few. The vast majority of the possible terrain combinations for this contest have never seen even a competitive map. So I'm very much looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions should include a display image (ideally a 3D VirtualScape rendering) and build instructions
A maximum of 2 entries per person.

DEADLINE:

Deadline May 7th at 11:59 central

VOTING:
Voting will be done by the community. Submissions will randomly be placed into one of several heats. The maps that receive the most votes will advance to the final round of voting.

PRIZES:
It wouldn't be a contest without prizes. Other scape-related prizes are incoming.
  • 1st: $30 to Amazon
If we get more submissions than last year (17)
  • 1st: First pick between $30 to Amazon or TBD
  • 2nd: Second Pick
If we get ten more submissions than last year:
  • 1st: First pick between $35 to Amazon or TBD
  • 2nd: Second Pick

Clarification: The winning map isn't guaranteed to be selected for ScapeCon's map pool. The winning map will be playtested by event organizers to determine its viability.

Maps:

Last edited by infectedsloth; May 8th, 2022 at 03:01 AM.
Old April 21st, 2022, 08:08 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: ScapeCon II Map Contest: Deadline May 7th

Interesting.....
Old April 21st, 2022, 08:43 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very interesting...

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 21st, 2022, 09:03 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Don't Actually Take My Submissions Seriously

~Dysole, about to have some fun
Old April 21st, 2022, 10:56 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Just a quick reminder that you do not NEED to use 3 terrain sets (although you're certainly welcome to). I'll test at least the winning map, but I may test more (and probably will). I'll be more likely to test maps that only use 1-2 terrain sets (alongside the ladders and/or battlements; remember, you also don't need to use both ladders and battlements). Of course, quality is ultimately what matters. Just something to think about.
Old April 21st, 2022, 12:10 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Interesting indeed. Time to start thinking...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 21st, 2022, 12:16 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These maps will make me have to re-learn the rules for climbing over battlements from either side.
Old April 21st, 2022, 04:09 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Edit: Withdrawing this submission since it violated several rules on how to place ladders.

I'm working to re-design it and plan to re-submit later in the contest.

---------------------------

Ok, here's my submission.

Map Name: The Forbidden Shadow Pool

Build Requirements: BftU x2, VW x1, FotA x1 (Ladders & Battlements only)

Any & all feedback is welcome (before or after the competition, I'm still very new to making maps and haven't tested this map at all).

Here's some screenshots from Virtualscape:

I tried hosting all of the files on Dropbox, I hope they work, but let me know if any of the images or the .HSC file (Virtualscape) don't display/download properly.

Virtualscape File (.HSC):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...hadow_Pool.hsc

Direct Image Links:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-_End_View.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Side_View.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-_Top_View.png

Oh, and I had forgotten to add the start zone indicators when I took the screenshots (they should be in the .HSC file), but the sand is the SZ on both sides.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; April 21st, 2022 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Withdrawing submission (for now)
Old April 21st, 2022, 04:54 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Interesting.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Very interesting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Interesting indeed. Time to start thinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

~Dysole, about to have some fun
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! I already have my popcorn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Just a quick reminder that you do not NEED to use 3 terrain sets (although you're certainly welcome to). I'll test at least the winning map, but I may test more (and probably will). I'll be more likely to test maps that only use 1-2 terrain sets (alongside the ladders and/or battlements; remember, you also don't need to use both ladders and battlements). Of course, quality is ultimately what matters. Just something to think about.
I want to reemphasize everything OEAO said. I seriously debated limiting it to only expansion+plus ladders/battlements. And if your map doesn't incorporate ladders or battlements no biggie. Quality is everything, I'm only here to try to give y'all a creative nudge.

Thanks for the submission @Chris Perkins
Old April 21st, 2022, 04:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

So myself and a few others have been doing some digging through the castle rules, and there's one ruling in particular that is really weird and has really bad implications.

First, a few reminders:

1. No floating ladders. The ladder must meet the landing space and the top space.

2. The top of the ladder (not the pegs) must be flush with, or 1 level higher than, the top space. It cannot be a level lower.

3. The landing space must have height (IE it cannot be water, swamp water, molten lava, or shadow).

4. Each landing space can only have 1 ladder.

Now for the ruling. Page 6 of the FAQ states: "Note, small and medium single-space figures must use the ladder if it is there."

I'm ruling for ScapeCon that this only applies when moving up. Small and medium figures can skip the ladder when moving down.

Last edited by OEAO; April 21st, 2022 at 08:54 PM.
Old April 21st, 2022, 05:48 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Double-spaced figures can't use ladders AT ALL, and Large/Huge single-spaced figures can choose to use it or not?

Correct?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 21st, 2022, 05:53 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Double-spaced figures can't use ladders AT ALL, and Large/Huge single-spaced figures can choose to use it or not?

Correct?
Not quite- only Small/Medium single-spaced figures can use ladders.

Other units (ie double-spaced figures and large/huge figures) count the levels like normal and completely ignore the ladder.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games