Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old December 5th, 2018, 03:34 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1, Invisible Woman 12/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Panther
Pretty straightforward bruiser. Playing up the toughness makes sense - if you check out the old Don McGregor stuff, I think Panther's real superpower in that is just always surviving everything. Might have wanted to see a little more agility here - he's limited to moving 1 space when he disengages, which feels off to me.

This card also skips out on something that a lot of Panther cards, and even the MCU version of the character, skip out on.... T'Challa is a genius and a slightly paranoid strategist. This is a guy who has a plan to take down Galactus just in case he attacks Wakanda, and joined the Avengers to keep an eye on them and make sure they weren't a threat.
More agility definitely makes sense - he's a cat, after all - but I try to avoid putting too many similar powers on different cards. Like Doc Oc's Four Arm Climb going through several iterations to get farther away from Swing Line, for example. Certainly something I'll consider revisiting especially in light of the kinetic absorption idea.

That's also a really good point about him being a genius billionaire paranoid strategist (not to be confused with a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist). That's something that often gets overlooked on cards in favor of more combat-centered powers, which is why I like having Negotiation on Beast as a fourth power. Perhaps I'll roll the Boots/Armor into one kinetic absorption power and come up with a new power for this aspect of his character (but then would I have to do the same for Tony? Hmm...). (Incidentally, just these last few days I've been brainstorming World's Greatest Detective ideas for Batman [if I ever get around to DC universe...] because that's always skipped on him as well.)

Quote:
Bullseye
I'm generally not big on auto-destroy powers in the superscape arena, but I can't really disagree with the take here. Lean and clean.
Auto-destroy definitely takes on a whole new meaning in the superhero realm (and I'm not willing to go the Event Hero route of the C3G). At least Sharpshooter has non-adjacency and movement restrictions.

Quote:
Ock
I don't like the Hydra mechanic here - it implies that each wound takes out one of his tentacles, when that's not really how fights with Ock go. Generally, the tentacles are just about indestructible, and the secret is to get past them and hit the creamy center.

(There was actually a storyline in the comics a few years back where Ock developed some serious health issues as a result of being hit in the head by superheroes so many times over the years)

The interplay between the throw/reach/cyber claw mechanics are cool, though.
Point taken on the tentacles (and what a sad sounding storyline). In this case, I think I'm going to have to let mechanics trump explicit comic book theme, though, and keep the power. If I changed it, you can bet it wouldn't be for Quadruple Attack all the time, though!

Quote:
Johnny and Sue
Liking the interplay between these two so far. Curious to see the rest of the quartet (or uh, at least Ben and I guess Reed a while later, if you're strictly following the Hasbro wave.... man those guys did not like Reed for whatever reason)

The gray hit zone makes sense. Really wish C3G had adopted that approach for invisibility, but the early C3G types took the approach of implementing invisibility in the special powers, so that it would go away when a figure was negated. Given how rare negation is in C3G, kinda wish they had taken the simple approach.
If I had to guess on Reed, he was planned for Wave 2, kinda like how the Capuans eventually showed up for the Gladiator heroes. But yes, I'm following the official-but-never-released Wave 1 units.

Glad everyone is liking the simplicity of the grey hit zone! And I really appreciate the insightful feedback.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 7th, 2018, 10:37 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1, Invisible Woman 12/4

Sort of out of order alphabetically (he's going by his sub-name, which you may have noticed I'm using; I don't really have plans for doing multiple versions of the same characters, but it may come in handy at some point). Super Skrull is an all-around monster. High stats, ranged special attack, Flying, situationally powerful defense, and more utility. He's (obviously) a variation on the Fantastic Four's powers. In fact, similar to Invisible Woman, Super Skrull's hit zone is all grey except his head (like the Zombies). So Sue gives him (partial) invisibility and Flying; Johnny donates the other half of Flying and the special attack; Thing is most of the stats, Super Strength, and Rock Wall; and Reed is mostly just Elastic Wrap. Remember that powers by default are optional unless otherwise stated, so he can release you from Wrap whenever he's ready to knock you back with 6 dice.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 7th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1, Super Skrull 12/7

Nice. Did you consider Range 2 for stretching?
Old December 7th, 2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice. Did you consider Range 2 for stretching?
I did, but didn't feel it really added anything next to two special attacks of 4 at 5 Range.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 7th, 2018, 11:50 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, more of a theme choice.
Old December 9th, 2018, 10:00 AM

Went with the Iron Man style representation of an arsenal by using the simple Double Attack. We may not know much about the official figures, but we do know Punisher came with a white marker, so here's my take on that (it could've just been a grenade, but I feel like we had confirmation somewhere it wasn't). He can be quite powerful in revenge mode against certain figures at a time. I worded it so it works against Squads, and in fact he probably works best with Squads as well, since they'll be destroyed more often. Can create some interesting counterplay for your opponent deciding when and where to attack. Very solid, but otherwise unremarkable stats. Punisher's points end in 5 for his anti-hero nature.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 9th, 2018, 11:56 AM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1, Punisher 12/9

Pretty straight forward. Scary with Cap which helps with firepower and his relatively fragile health.
Old December 9th, 2018, 07:15 PM

Here's a shot of my re-based Silver Surfer (next to the official Cap and a Human Torch). My crappy little camera doesn't want to focus for anything, but even beyond that I don't think it does him justice. He really looks at home on it in person.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 11th, 2018, 06:30 PM

[Metallica intensifies]

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 11th, 2018, 09:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm kind of a Punisher nut, and had to check out your punisher. Its sweet and simple, and I love the punishment ability. I've been checking in here periodically to see what you have been up to. Great work. I look forward to what else you come up with.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 12th, 2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm kind of a Punisher nut, and had to check out your punisher. Its sweet and simple, and I love the punishment ability. I've been checking in here periodically to see what you have been up to. Great work. I look forward to what else you come up with.
Awesome, thanks for looking. I hope I did justice to both Punisher's theme and use of the white marker.

===============

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
[Metallica intensifies]
Ok, so he's not quite as exciting as all that.

Reach is self-explanatory (and I think the art pairs pretty well ). Sand Body and Water Soluble are more-or-less opposites. His weakness can be fun (for his opponent) with Knockback if you can dunk him in some water! Otherwise he can pack quite a punch (in the right place) for the price. Speaking of, that part is somewhat exciting! Sandman is by far one of the cheapest heroes. It's nice to have filler sometimes, or at least another (sand) body to pair with a heavy hitter instead of two middlin' heroes. Due to his niche nature, his points end up ending in 5.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 12th, 2018, 06:33 PM

Cool. He feels a little fragile for someone that is fairly indestructible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations