Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 5th, 2008, 04:29 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
The Topeka Board Game Drive - It's Done!!!

Topeka Board Gamers 2008 Board Game Drive Benefitting the Boys & Girls Club

In 2008 the Topeka Board Game Group will hold a Board Game Drive to collect games for the Boys & Girls Club of Topeka. The Group will be accepting donations in the form of used or new board games and card games, which can be brought to the Gatekeeper (a co-sponsor of the event), and will be accepting Paypal contributions through their website - www.topekaboardgamers.org - as well as gift certificates purchased at the Gatekeeper.

The Topeka Board Game Group is doing this to provide an opportunity for the kids and teens who attend the Boys & Girls Club to play games they might not otherwise have a chance to play. For many Americans the term "Board Game" unfortunately means only one thing - Monopoly. The past decade has seen an explosion in the variety and creativity of new board and card games. The Group has compiled a list of games that they wish to purchase or hope to have donated for the very purpose of adding these exciting new choices to the Boys & Girls Club's tables.

Donations will be accepted now through May 16th. The goal is to have all the games delivered to the Boys & Girls Club in time for the start of their summer program when many of Topeka's youth will be attending the Club 8 or more hours a day.

---------------------------

Obviously I wouldn't ask anyone to ship old games to Kansas, but I hope that a lot of you 'scapers can send even just a few dollars through PayPal... every donation is greatly appreciated. If anyone wants to purchase a game online and have it shipped to the group PM me and I'll give you the information.

Here's the list of games we're wanting to purchase. You'll also find some guidelines about what games we wouldn't want to accept, such as games that take a very long time to play, requires batteries, collectible card or minis, etc.

Environmentalists make great compost.

Last edited by ej; June 4th, 2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
We're getting some donations in. Thanks to all of you who are doing so. You know who you are...

Out of our entire "hope to purchase" list, which ones would you guys think we should buy first? What should our priorities be?

Old February 7th, 2008, 05:14 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
Zooloreto
ticket to ride
lost cities

those would be my priorities for kids...

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old February 14th, 2008, 04:56 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

We've gotten some local radio mentions, and more of you have sent donations.

Old February 15th, 2008, 10:08 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

I was told the drive was mentioned on The Dice Tower!!! I'm listening to it now to hear it for myself.

Yep. Heard it about 20 minutes in, right around the News. Awesome!!! Exclamation marks!!!

Old June 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

Re: Topeka Board Game Drive for the Boys & Girls Club

Tuesday night myself and Dave (also on this site) presented the Boys & Girls Club with 70+ games. The good stuff included Temple, Politico, Coloretto, Zig-Zag, California, Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Risk 2210, Tongiaki, Aquadukt, Sword & Skulls, Rocketville, 10 Days in Africa, Carcassonne, Lucky Loop, Zooloretto, To Court the King, Can't Stop, Blokus Trigon, Cloud 9, Gulo Gulo and several copies of PotC Monopoly. We went through all the games and punched out the pieces, bagged up whatever needed bagging and making sure everything was complete. Small Box Games and Out of the Box Games sent us some of their games... thank you very much! Thanks to The Dice Tower and Board Game Babylon for mentioning us in their podcasts, and a big thank you to everyone who donated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games