Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old February 5th, 2018, 12:41 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Congrats to my cross-state friends on their victory today. I've been a fan for a few hours now, and I'm already tired of it.

Go Steelers.
Go Steelers! And thanks Eagles for shutting the traps of those annoying Cheatriots fans for the offseason! Fly, Eagles, Fly! (For now...)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 5th, 2018, 06:26 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Interestingly I disagreed with both announcers on the touchdown reviews. (And consequently agreed with the refs) i thought Ertz had clearly established possession and become a 'runner' and I thought Clement's TD was an intentional shift of the ball after possession as opposed to uncontolled movement. However I am not amazingly clear on when you officially establish control
Blown calls mean nothing to experienced teams (and I agree Ertz clearly had possession - not sure what game the announcers were watching).
The Patriots were beaten by a team that deserved it more.

Eagles clearly deserve congratulations.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; February 5th, 2018 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Littleist AMIS is going to be lording this over me for ages. :)
Old February 5th, 2018, 07:34 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

And now Foles is a better QB than Dan Marino.
Old February 5th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I didn’t think the Clement TD was coming back but you guys who think the Ertz call was obvious are wrong. I understand why it stood and it makes sense intuitively but very, very similar calls have gone the other way.

I am tired of announcers complaining about the reception rules, though. Most of the time they work, and both calls last night made sense both given the rules and how we think of catches.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 5th, 2018, 09:56 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the catch rule is not as bad as it is made out to be. There are other ways they could write the rule that would make a lot of the current debates go away... but if you make it easier to secure a catch, you almost inevitably create more fumbles that would have been incomplete passes. There's a bunch of potential "did he establish possession and get stripped, or was it incomplete" debates that currently don't happen.

The more interesting thing about the Ertz play, to me: Ertz never should have tried to score! It was 3rd down and he was past the sticks, so if you have any fear of losing the ball and having the ruling go the other way, it's a bad risk.

But even if Ertz was certain he would get the TD, it's a clock management error. Scoring a TD gives NE the ball back with 2:21 and two time outs - as Michaels said, may as well be an eternity. Catch the ball at the 1 and you either get to the 2-minute or make NE burn a time out. NE probably lets you score on the next play, although you can kneel again at the 6 inch line if you're feeling particularly cheeky. The point is, you give them less time.

As it turned out, the Eagles managed to stop a New England drive short for just the second time in the entire game, so it worked out. But at the time, I think most of us thought that they had left NE with too much time.

Last edited by dok; February 5th, 2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old February 5th, 2018, 12:36 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Fun game to watch and even better result. My wife was rooting for the Patriots because ...Brady
My football-loving friends tell me that the guy who was supposed to be Brady's eventual replacement on the team is handsomer than Brady, so maybe she could switch to rooting for that guy.
Old February 5th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Fun game to watch and even better result. My wife was rooting for the Patriots because ...Brady
My football-loving friends tell me that the guy who was supposed to be Brady's eventual replacement on the team is handsomer than Brady, so maybe she could switch to rooting for that guy.
That's her M.O.

Even though we are an hour from Chicago (used to be 15 minutes), instead of liking the Chicago Blackhawks, she likes the Dallas Stars and Washington Capitals. She started liking the Stars about 18 years ago because of a player named Mike Modano. She started liking the Capitals because of Alex Ovechkin. We have the Central Ice package from Direct TV so she can watch all the ganes of those 2 teams.

So yeah, she will likely like Brady's replacement

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 5th, 2018, 03:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The aforementioned Brady replacement is on the 49ers now.
Old February 5th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Well, I might have to mention that to my wife. Then she might drop the Patriots for good

Old February 5th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Uh, Hahma...hate to break this to you, but Modano has been retired for some time now. Must be some other cheeky player she's interested in.
(Interesting point, as soon as you mentioned the Dallas Stars and 18 years ago, I knew exactly who you were going to reference before I got to that part of your post, lol).

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; February 5th, 2018 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Modano was a good lookin' guy. Just sayin'
Old February 5th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Uh, Hahma...hate to break this to you, but Modano has been retired for some time now. Must be some other cheeky player she's interested in.
(Interesting point, as soon as you mentioned the Dallas Stars and 18 years ago, I knew exactly who you were going to reference before I got to that part of your post, lol).
Well Rym, she just latched on to the Stars even after he retired. To be honest, I enjoy watching the Stars as well, as I've watched them a lot over the years with her, and they are my 2nd favorite team in the west, behind the Blackhawks.

So she will likely stay with the Caps after OV retires, so that pattern would seem to mean that she might stick with the Patriots after Brady retires, even if his replacement ends looking dorky. Oh, and I never did like the Capitals, not enjoyable. Pens are my Eastern team.

Old February 5th, 2018, 04:23 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Well, I might have to mention that to my wife. Then she might drop the Patriots for good
Would a visual aid help?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV