Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 13th, 2012, 04:22 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Black Panther

The Book of Black Panther

C3G MARVEL WAVE 11
THE AVENGER INITIATIVE

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Universe set.
Its model number and name are #106-108 / Black Panther.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Infinity Challenge set.
Its model number and name are #085-087 / Black Panther.

T'Challa later attended the finest schools in Europe and America. After graduation and returning to his homeland he assumed leadership of his tribe and nation. At his coronation, T'Challa ingested the sacred herb that granted great physical strength and heightened senses. The new king then donned the ceremonial garb representing his tribe's patron animal and assumed leadership as the Black Panther.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Stealth Leap wording update

Last edited by Arch-vile; November 18th, 2022 at 06:53 PM.
Old March 13th, 2012, 04:22 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Panther - Design Phase

NAME = BLACK PANTHER
SECRET IDENTITY = T'CHALLA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = KING
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200

VIBRANIUM ARMOR
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled and if at least one blank is rolled, the most wounds Black Panther can take from this attack is one.

STEALTH POUNCE
Before taking a turn with Black Panther, if he is unengaged, you may choose a figure on the battlefield. If the chosen figure does not have clear line of sight to Black Panther, or if Black Panther currently occupies a Shadow space, add 1 automatic skull to his normal attack against the chosen figure this turn.

STEALTH LEAP 12
Instead of his normal move, Black Panther may move up to 3 spaces with Stealth Leap. When moving with Stealth Leap, Black Panther has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 12 levels in a single leap, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks when he starts to leap.

Last edited by tcglkn; December 28th, 2020 at 09:59 PM.
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:05 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good to see him finally on his way!

I know I had the idea once for Vibranium that if the figure rolls at least one blank, the most wounds they can take is one... trying to capture the theme of it basically being a fantastic armor because it absorbs impact nearly 100%.

But that makes is less reliable than Luke Cage's skin (not sure if that's thematic or not) and even an autoshield. Unless you combined the two:

VIBRANIUM ARMOR
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled and if at least one blank is rolled, the most wounds Black Panther can take from this attack is one.

Of course, that lowers his attack potential a lot. Nothing wrong with your approach, just throwing out what I had brainstormed.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like Stealth Pounce a lot. Vibranium Armor is a bit of a yawner and seems just like Close Combat Expert with the adjacent figure parts.
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah ... I think a good route might be to go with Margloth's take on Vibranium Armor to make it feel more unique, up Black Panther's normal attack to 6, and let his pouncing power really shine more. Having auto skulls on two different powers overlaps a bit too much and the "Armor" title doesn't clearly include weaponry. I realize he uses Vibranium for weapons too, but I don't feel the power title reflects that well enough right now or that the Vibranium effect feels unique enough yet, but I think these easy tweaks could change all of that and make this guy awesome.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah ... I think a good route might be to go with Margloth's take on Vibranium Armor to make it feel more unique, up Black Panther's normal attack to 6, and let his pouncing power really shine more. Having auto skulls on two different powers overlaps a bit too much and the "Armor" title doesn't clearly include weaponry. I realize he uses Vibranium for weapons too, but I don't feel the power title reflects that well enough right now or that the Vibranium effect feels unique enough yet, but I think these easy tweaks could change all of that and make this guy awesome.

I agree with this. Go the defense route for the armor, bump his normal attack to 6 and make him want to use the Pounce more.

Last edited by tcglkn; March 13th, 2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: (I just love using that smiley)
Old March 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Because a defense of 5 with an auto shield is really really sick.

STEALTH POUNCE
If Black Panther attacks a figure that did not have clear line of sight to him at the start of this turn, or if Black Panther was on a Shadow space at the start of this turn, add an additional automatic skull to his attack.

The additional isn't needed at all. It is like trying to avoid redundancy with the first power by being redundant.

Also, right now I am not sure what to do right now if my Black Panther meets both requirements: on a shadow space and not visible to the defender before moving.
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:03 PM

So this is what you guys want the armour replaced with:
Quote:
VIBRANIUM ARMOR
& for pounce would this work:
Quote:
STEALTH POUNCE
If Black Panther attacks a figure that did not have clear line of sight to him at the start of this turn, or if Black Panther was on a Shadow space at the start of this turn, add only 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
So this is what you guys want the armour replaced with:
Quote:
VIBRANIUM ARMOR
& for pounce would this work:
Quote:
STEALTH POUNCE
If Black Panther attacks a figure that did not have clear line of sight to him at the start of this turn, or if Black Panther was on a Shadow space at the start of this turn, add only 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
VA - Looks cool.

SP - That might work. But what about "add no more than 1".
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Looks cool A3n, glad to see him being designed.

I like the suggest change to Vibranium Armor

I tried my hand at writing Stealth Pounce a little differently. I don't know if I have all the "official" lingo right, but I figured I'd give it a go. I don't know if "beginning" is better than "start" of turn, but if nothing else, I believe "occupied" might be good and "one" automatic skull because he's no longer getting an autoskull for Vibranium Armor, so no need to have the "only 1" or "no more than 1".

Quote:
STEALTH POUNCE
If Black Panther attacks an adjacent figure that did not have clear line of sight to him at the start beginning of this his turn, or if Black Panther was on occupied a Shadow space at the start beginning of this his turn, add only 1 one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
STEALTH POUNCE
If Black Panther attacks an adjacent figure that did not have clear line of sight to him at the beginning of his turn, or if Black Panther occupied a Shadow space at the beginning of his turn, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Also, I don't know if this is going to be the only version of Black Panther or not, but I can see another version done sometime based on all possibilities for him to have a couple cool different versions. Here's some of the stuff he's got going on besides his physical powers.

Quote:
Abilities

Genius-level Intellect: T'Challa is also a polymath genius. His genius is as such that he is one of the eight smartest people on Earth.[6] He possesses accomplishments such as a PhD in physics from Oxford University.
Master Martial Artist: He has been groomed to be a warrior from birth. An expert in practically all forms of armed and unarmed combat, and a master of all martial arts including African and unknown forms. He is a master of stealth, disguise etc. He is considered to be one of the best martial artists to have ever walked the Earth. This is evident by him being able to stalemate and even gain the upper hand at times against opponents such as Captain America, Daredevil etc. in hand to hand fights.
Weapons Master: The Panther has mastered all known weapons.
Master Acrobat: T'Challa is a rigorously trained gymnast and acrobat.
Expert Marksman: He is a master marksman adept with hunting knives, firearms, and other projectile weaponry.
Master Tactician: T'Challa is a genius tactician, strategist, and leader who is practically peerless. He was taught tactics and strategies in his youth by his father who encouraged him to always think two steps ahead of his enemies and three steps ahead of his friends. His prowess is such that he is able to out think and out maneuver individuals such as Tony Stark, and other geniuses.[7]
Expert Tracker & Hunter: Even without his superhuman senses, he is a master tracker and hunter. He can pick up a prey's scent and memorize tens of thousands of individual ones.
Multilingual: T'Challa can fluently speak his native language, English, and other various languages.
Master Inventor: He can invent various devices with special properties when needed. While not all of his inventions are as good as others made by Tony Stark and so on, he possesses engineering abilities and intellect that makes him a peer and has proven to be able to invent and create weaponry that rivals their engineering capabilities. T'Challa can also duplicate practically any other technologies after learning how they work or by glancing at the designs.
Highly Influential Connections: As king of Wakanda, the Panther has access to a vast collection of magical artifacts, technological and military hardware, as well as the support of his nation's wide array of scientists, adventurers, and superheroes.
Diplomatic Immunity: As the leader of a sovereign nation, He often visits the United States or the United Nations for political reasons. He enjoys diplomatic immunity during these trips, and his embassy is considered foreign soil.Strength level

His strength is almost superhuman, Black Panther has demonstrated exceptional feats of strength like wrestling down a Rhino, knocking out a Polar Bear and even stopping a Elephant's charge. He's classed at the peak of human potential. Marvel handbooks class him strong enough to lift 750 lbs.Weaknesses

In spite of his enhancements, T'Challa is still an ordinary human being. He is susceptible to some of the same vulnerabilities other normal humans are.

ParaphernaliaEdit

Equipment
  • Kimoyo card: An extremely powerful and versatile PDA. It functions similarly to the Avengers' communicards, but with many more practical applications. In one instance, the Panther called up a schematic of a jumbo jet's cockpit controls and took command of the plane, landing the plane safely in a river. "Kimoyo" is Bantu for "of the spirit".
  • Energy-Dampening Boots: Energy regulators create varying fields from the Vibranium in the molded soles of the boots, enabling Panther to survive a fall of several stories and land like a cat. Given enough momentum, the Panther can also scale walls or skim across water. The field can be also used offensively to shatter or weaken objects.
  • Vibranium Microweave Mesh: in his Panther uniform. The microweave robs incoming objects of their momentum; bullets do not ricochet off but simply fall to the ground when they come in contact with the weave. Likewise, the Panther cannot be stabbed, however, the costume (and Panther) can be cut if the attacker slashes along the uniform's grain.
  • Mask Lenses: Lenses in the mask cut glare and enhance the Panther's natural night vision.
  • Cloaking Technology: The cloak can be elongated, shortened or eliminated with a thought, and the entire costume can be covered allowing it to pass as normal street clothes.
  • Heavenly Armor: Lightweight body armor covering the user from head to toe in a similar fashion as Iron Man that operates by thought. It offers flight at high speeds, slightly enhanced strength,and more protection in combat.Transportation
Advanced Wakandan aircraft.Weapons
  • Energy Dagger: with an ornate hilt carved of ivory or some kind of stone, and an energy-generated blade that can be set to stun or kill. The energy blades can be handled like either a physical knife or fired like darts, and regenerated repeatedly.
  • Anti-Metal Claws: Claws in the gloves are made of Antarctic Vibranium-based "Anti-Metal" that can break down basically all metals at the molecular level.
So I didn't know if we wanted to give him a ranged normal attack of maybe 4 to represent some weapons he could throw like his Energy Dagger, or if that could/should be used as a special attack on a different version of him. Didn't know if another version of him could be done to represent his genius intellect, inventions skill and tech connections/savvy.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

That's a pretty nice figure for being from such an old set.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library