Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 14th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I actually don't have my 'scape with me right now; it's all in storage (the picture I posted was taken a while ago).
Old April 16th, 2014, 02:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Synergies that affect an entire general without restrictions are extremely rare in Heroscape. I could only find one figure that has such a power, and he was a flag bearer. I can't find a reason for Jeb to have such far reaching synergies too. I also have concerns about the sculpt, specifically how he fits with the Mariedians and its small size.

I vote to review Jeb Vandalay.
Old April 16th, 2014, 03:49 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

SoA and infectedsloth have persuaded me regarding Aquilla Move Enhancement. I think the figure looks fine, from the shots I've seen. to review.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 16th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Jeb Vandalay has received 4 Nay votes to review (capsocrates, Soundwarp SG-1, infectedsloth, and Son of Arathorn) and is removed from the process.

Last edited by Scytale; April 16th, 2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old April 16th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's 4 nay votes, Scy, not that it matters.

Thanks for looking him over. Personally, I view the lack of general-wide synergy to be an untapped design space that we should look into, rather than avoiding it simply because it's not common in official units. I understand the fear to go where the official game has not gone before, though I disagree with that in principle.

Besides that, Flagbearers have general-wide synergy. Units such as Kyrie, Finn, Thorgrim, etc. have synergy that effect every unit in the game. Jeb Vandalay is an inspiring dude, and he's used to working with Aquilla's army. But somehow it's not canonic for him to lead Aquilla's forces? What would make that canonic, a flag? Are all general-specific powers out of bounds for non-flag bearers (without further restrictions on class, personality, species,etc.)? I guess that's just a principle I disagree with. Generals were created for a reason: to allow synergy within those generals. Disallowing general-specific synergy is like rejecting the premise of the generals, a core feature of the Heroscape canon, in my mind.

Anyway, I've said my piece, so I'll get out of your hair now. Thanks again.
Old April 17th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Now that the vote is over, I'll throw in a thought or two, fwiw.

I agree with Arch that general-wide synergy is undertapped. It has an interesting and valuable place in Scape.

But I also agree with the judges that this unit does not feel right for this kind of bonus. (Of course, I'm not even really sure about this sculpt fitting well and the Vandelay name, for me, gives this unit a less serious feel, at least too me.)

I don't believe the judges have ruled out general synergy (at least, I hope not). That's not how I read their comments.

I'd love to see a figure with a war totem boosting Aquilla units or some other smart general synergy mechanics further worked into Scape.

Again, only fwiw.
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:03 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to submit Cormin the Dark (created by myself) to the SoV.
(Card done by DanielLoche. Thanks!)

Balance - I do believe the point value is correct. He is quite useful for a rather low-costed figure, but he can always fail his Façade roll and then he is probably done for. He also requires spending points on some samurai or expendable figures to make Façade work out for you. Stab In The Back also keeps down his points. He can be just as deadly to you as he is to your opponent. He works well with samurai, deathreavers, and other high defense, counter striking, or low-costing figures.

Playability - The powers are a bit long-winded and complex, but I think it's fine. Stab In The Back is obviously borrowed from Sir Hawthorne, so there is no problem there, and Façade is pretty simple after you use it once, and at the very worse no more complex than other powers like it (Shifting Sands and Hide in Darkness, for example). The stats seem perfect for an assassin-like figure. He seems visually distinct and comparable with classic HeroScape figures.

Creativity - Cormin the Dark definitely adds something new to HeroScape. He has a unique ability, unique stats, and creates new armies and strategies and counter a strategies and what not. He adds a nice figure in his price range. Instead of taking Raelin, I can sometimes see myself taking Cormin, due to his use in certain scenarios. There isn't really another figure like him.

Theme - The childhood friend of Elaria the Pale? I'm pretty sure he can slip pretty easily into the HeroScape universe.

Accessability - The figure is a D&D Half-Elf Hexblade from Aberrations. I had to look for a little while, but I found a total of 90 miniatures, costing from anywhere between 1 and 6 dollars. Most were about in the middle of that range.

Thank you for your consideration.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Last edited by Maklar the Silver Prince; April 21st, 2014 at 04:32 PM. Reason: card
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Facade, but how does it work when a figure cannot be attacked? Does the attacker get to choose another target, like how the Nakitas are supposed to work?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the submission. One question: what is the figure used? The availability sounds good, but I'd like to see for myself.
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:27 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I like Facade, but how does it work when a figure cannot be attacked? Does the attacker get to choose another target, like how the Nakitas are supposed to work?
Well, the power says the attacking figure must attack the switched figure if possible. So no, the attacker does not choose another target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale
Thanks for the submission. One question: what is the figure used? The availability sounds good, but I'd like to see for myself.
Oops, sorry. The figure used is a D&D Half-Elf Hexblade from Aberrations. I believe I found something like 63 on EBay, so the number could have changed.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You said you're not sure of the cost. About how much have you playtested him?
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

"Well, the power says the attacking figure must attack the switched figure if possible. So no, the attacker does not choose another target."

I meant if it was not possible. With the Nakitas, if Smoke Powder hits, the atacker gets to target something else.

For example, if I use Facade to move Sgt. Drake in place, a shooting figure would not be able to attack (thanks to Thorian Speed). According to your power, this does not negate the ability to attack, merely the ability to target a specific unit.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; April 17th, 2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Example

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs