Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 21st, 2012, 07:28 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I vote NO to review the Gargoyles of Mitonsoul for all the stated reasons

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 23rd, 2012, 01:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure where I saw this earlier, but I would love to see something to put on the backs of SoV cards. I see two feasible options:

1) make a card back like the back of a glyph card, but emblazoned with the SoV logo,

or

2) have the creator of the custom and/or the C3V art/fiction teams make basic stats, homeworld, set name (similar to those of GenCon exclusives), and collector number. This would be after induction, not a criteria for judging.

I like the second option better, but it would take more work to implement fully.

Thanks for your consideration!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

We will consider this. It would require one more step (and fair amount more work) in Art in the C3V, but this is an idea definitely worth pursuing.
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:18 AM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

so I refined the text on my gargoyles card and changed the name. mac122 kindly made a nice looking card, too. Are the minions of utgar still too unavailable? the idea was that people could proxy them with the minions they already had.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
I vote NO to review the Gargoyles of Mitonsoul based on ... the figure choice.

Well, there it is. Straight from the horse judge's mouth.
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:52 AM

fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker

I would like to re-submit my Jarek guy

the figure is heroclix night thrasher from the supernova set, it can be found on in stock at Auggies, 84 from TrollandToad, in stock at noble knight, 30+ on cool stuff inc., and can be easily found on ebay, it's priced anywhere from $0.25 to $3.00.

Changes made: new figure, soldier class, added a Lob number to plazma granade special attack, added that Jarek can be effected by his own grenade, reduced range to 1, tricky personality.

Playability: Jarek playes well with the other Mariedians, when I was playtesting him he would have been destroyed if the M-43 ressistance wasn't there getting him just out of range of Q9's gun. The grenade works well for dealing with clusters (or to blow up those annoying omnicron snipers up on there castle).

Last edited by fishguy1; August 26th, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I like the new sculpt choice, pre-painted and in supply...the powers seem like a nice combo...and I like a "grenade" power on a Hero. But Plazma Grenade SA, has two thematic flaws in my mind.
1- Why can this "Human" Mariedian lob a grenade 28 when the Airborne Elite can only lob 12. Lob 28 seems overly excessive. I'd drop it down to 18, making him able to throw farther than the AA, without going to extremes.

2) Why does this guy have unlimited grenades? It seems this should have a "Grenade marker" mechanic.
So with these two flaws in mind, I have to vote NO to review Jarek Guy.

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like this version of Jarek Guy far better. Taking away his normal range attack makes him an entirely different figure. The point value is reasonable.

I agree with ZB that 28 on the Lob seems excessive, especially for a Range 3 attack. Unlike ZB I don't have a problem with JG having multiple Grenades; there is plenty of precedent for heroes with multiple-use explosion attacks, including the much cheaper Johnny "Shotgun".

There are, however, way too many minor errors with this card. Some things can be tweaked post-review in editing, but this is excessive. Cards submitted here need to be ready to go as-is.

- period after "wound." in Exosuit should be removed
- period should be added after "inflicted" in Exosuit
- Plazma -> Plasma (or is the misspelling intentional?)
- period should be after the first "attack" in Plazma Grenade and "any" capitalized
- "effected" -> "affected"
- "defence" -> "defense"

For now I vote to review Jarek Guy.
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:41 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Why does this guy have unlimited grenades? It seems this should have a "Grenade marker" mechanic. Jarek Guy.
Maybe for the same reason every gunman has unlimited ammo and every archer has unlimited arrows?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:47 AM

Well,for gunmen and archers they can carry lots of projectiles on them...but in my mind you can only carry so many grenades. Truth be told if the lob would have bben less, the grenade issue would have not been the deal breaker for me. It is the lob I find the most flawed.

Old August 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Fishguy, is it the Exo suit that gives him the strength to have such a high unarmed melee attack and throw the grenade so high?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 26th, 2012, 01:12 PM

fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker

Yes that is what I was going for actually.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs