Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-nominations and discussion

krysto2002's Blood Raptor has received 4 YES votes and moves on to being reviewed.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; December 4th, 2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old November 30th, 2010, 04:35 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

clancampbell asked if I could post this nomination for him.

The figure is a Free Ranger from D&D Bloodwars. It is available at Auggies and other miniature stores.
Old November 30th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Clan, you know I think you're the best tournament director ever, and I look forward to seeing you on the 11th.

But the price looks pretty low when compared with this guy:

I do like seeing guys with simple abilities, though, and I like the Syvarris/Aubrien Archer combo. It's thematic, it's simple, but he's awfully tough considering he has one of the longest ranges in the game.

I vote no to Eremon Vandel.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 30th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I like the idea and concept. I also get that Eremon only attacks again occassionally (versus Syvarris' consistent two attacks), but I agree with DS that Eremon seems underpriced (or perhaps just a bit too bulky--4 def and 5 life is fairly beefy).

Anyhow, comparing him to Brandis, I feel that something is just a bit off. Price tag or stats. I'd love to see him resubmitted. I like the idea and I'd love to see this kind of unit (he looks a lot like what I was hoping Brandis would be, honestly).

I also vote No to review Eremon. (And I hope I get another chance to say yes...)
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:07 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

If the defense was 2 (or even 3), and/or the points were 95/100, I'd think this guy was awesome.

As he is, he seems like a very strong 90 Point unit. I think he easily outclasses Warden 816, Atlaga, Brandis, Kiova, etc.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm uncertain whether fastdraw 15 is a once-per-turn power (that's my literal reading of it) or whether it can be used to attack repeatedly as long as you roll 15+ (not my literal reading, but I think that's the intention).

EDIT: as long as I'm posting here, I'm going to address a common concern that has been voiced about the Zombie Hulk - namely, bonding for only 60 points. I'm not sure what the desired etiquette is here on the discussion of a figure in the review stage, so I apologize if this is inappropriate. I'll spoiler the text just in case.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by dok; November 30th, 2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'm uncertain whether fastdraw 15 is a once-per-turn power (that's my literal reading of it) or whether it can be used to attack repeatedly as long as you roll 15+ (not my literal reading, but I think that's the intention).
I read it as frenzy-like, but you don't get to move again. Only attack, as long as you roll 15+. I thought that was pretty clear. (?)

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thank you all for your consideration. I appreciate it.

The fast draw is intended to keep going until you fail a roll, or run out of targets since it doesn't allow you to move again.

I can see where the word "turn" could be mis-leading. Change the the wording from "after taking a turn" to "after attacking" and it should clear up any ambiguity.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I can see where the word "turn" could be mis-leading. Change the the wording from "after taking a turn" to "after attacking" and it should clear up any ambiguity.
Yes, that is much clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I read it as frenzy-like, but you don't get to move again. Only attack, as long as you roll 15+. I thought that was pretty clear. (?)
I thought that was the intention, but again, it's not my literal reading of the power. The power triggers after you take a turn. If you hit the 15+, you get to attack again... you don't "take another turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
The fast draw is intended to keep going until you fail a roll, or run out of targets since it doesn't allow you to move again.
That's what I thought, but I suggest you have the power begin with "after attacking with Eremon Vandel...", not "after taking a turn with Eremon...". This will remove the ambiguity.

Sorry for the semantic pedantry, but we should be careful to cover these corner cases if we want these customs to end up being widely used.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by clancambell, in an edit, no less! That was sneaky.
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Clan maybe make it a special attack akin to what Laglor has to limit it's effectiveness because it can't be boosted and maybe with a shorter range like Kaemon Awa has with his quick shot. Just a suggestion.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 30th, 2010, 06:33 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
If the defense was 2 (or even 3), and/or the points were 95/100, I'd think this guy was awesome.

As he is, he seems like a very strong 90 Point unit. I think he easily outclasses Warden 816, Atlaga, Brandis, Kiova, etc.
My thoughts exactly, I think this guy needs to be ever so slightly tweaked.

No to Review Eremon.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs