Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Evolution vs Creation, Youtube series

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun7 View Post
This will probably end this, but...

~Aldin, who supposes that it is just about time for someone to get a CREVO thread going again

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 13th, 2009, 04:33 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
If you go on to the "Wow...that's small" forum you could better understand that the Universe as we know it is far too complicated to have happened by chance. There has to be a God that created the Universe.
I agree with you that that does make the Big Bang seam a lot worse than it did before, but does that support God either? I know he works in mysterious ways, but why pick this tiny planet to put life? Why make all of that other stuff? How could he do ALL OF THAT in seven days? Yeah, I know he's God but still. It doesn't add up to me.
Old November 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
If you go on to the "Wow...that's small" forum you could better understand that the Universe as we know it is far too complicated to have happened by chance. There has to be a God that created the Universe.
I agree with you that that does make the Big Bang seam a lot worse than it did before, but does that support God either? I know he works in mysterious ways, but why pick this tiny planet to put life?
Well, maybe he figured humans might find it a little hot on Venus? Honestly, there might not be a specific reason why he put us on this planet.
Quote:
Why make all of that other stuff? How could he do ALL OF THAT in seven days?
Although the creation of Earth occured in seven days, God had as much time as he needed. He's outside of time. It's almost as if he can freeze time whenever he needs to (he probably could, but he doesn't).
Quote:
Yeah, I know he's God but still. It doesn't add up to me.
God can do ANYTHING!
Old November 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Who'd win a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

Lemmy?....God?

WRONG, trick question, Lemmy IS God!

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 13th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I didn't make one grand statement in my post. Every thing I have in there is either in the Bible or in the Science books I use.
The scientists today are doing relative dating and it's not accurate. They will say those are, but their not. The Bible passes all those tests (PM), and the idea about 1,000,000+ years is false. I could go deeper into the year of the world, but, another lecture would happen, so, PM me instead, it's easier.

But, please, take all of what I said into consideration.
Still playing with my son (just watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop which conclusively proves that there is no God btw )

But if you don't understand what is wrong with "relative dating" (although happens frequently in Kentucky and West Virginia!) then I truly will be feeling like I'm beating a sick puppy.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 13th, 2009, 10:13 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
I agree with you that that does make the Big Bang seam a lot worse than it did before, but does that support God either? I know he works in mysterious ways, but why pick this tiny planet to put life? Why make all of that other stuff? How could he do ALL OF THAT in seven days? Yeah, I know he's God but still. It doesn't add up to me.
Just goin to pose a "profound" (?) question as a reply to this question... "Why pick this tiny planet?" ... Would you not ask this question if we were any other planet? This planet, or any other, you'd still ask that question, correct? Then there's really no way to answer that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai
What about the use of radioactive decay to accurately depict a fossil's age? This has nothing to do with "forgetting about the weather".
The only problem with radioactive decay is that one can't know how much of one material the fossil actually began with. If we say something began as pure potassium and now it's 90% argon it turns out to be millions of years old. But what if that something began as 89% argon and now is 90% argon. That is a much much younger object than the first scenario, and frankly, we don't know what percentage of argon that fossil started with, and we cannot know unless we were there when it became a fossil. There is no fool-proof age telling process we have except for calendars and first hand experience, which means that unless we had a scientist recording the information at the time of fossilization, we can't know the age. And even calandars and human recording are faulty (people make mistakes). So forgetting the weather? No. But having a logical hole? Yes.

I guess we'll have to wait for time-travel if science wants to confirm those propositions

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old November 13th, 2009, 10:32 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

I see your wisdom Jotun7.
Quote:
When an Evolutionist says that this blah blah blah was made 1,000,000,000 years ago, he's lying or he believes it. This is an extremely false rationality because most scientist use relative dating (not girl and boy dating) which is a high over statement.
This is the idea that there are layers found in the ground that determine how old the object found is. The deeper the object, the older it is. That sounds believable right? Yes, but...it is wrong. Scientists say that every 1ft. of ground equals 5,000 years. But, they are forgetting that it depends on the item, the ground, the area, the weather conditions etc. The heavier the object, the farther it goes down. The worse weather conditions the farther it goes down. The lighter the soil, the farther it goes down. As you see, they are over-looking that HUGE piece of evidence. That would also mean they are big time wrong about 1,000,000+ years of the world (I can't go deeper than that or my post would become a lecture).
I see how what you thought up completely passed by the minds of the thousands of scientists that have studied this.

Why don't you argue about why we should believe in God, rather than disproving other theories. I am always more impressed when someone argues for their side and not against the other.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old November 13th, 2009, 10:57 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja View Post
Just goin to pose a "profound" (?) question as a reply to this question... "Why pick this tiny planet?" ... Would you not ask this question if we were any other planet? This planet, or any other, you'd still ask that question, correct? Then there's really no way to answer that question.
You assume correctly. It's not so much of a question you answer as one you think about. I find that a lot of times of the anti-big bang/evolution things is how could that many random chances happen. This could be the only planet out of numbers unumaginably high to have life. Why?

I'm trying to ask this as un-biased as I can. Why this world? Whatever theory you belive, there has to be something in common. Something here is just right.
Old November 13th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If I may:

The Internet is just way to impersonal to convince anyone to change his or her beliefs.

Likewise, in an election debate between two candidates, they each leave the arena with the same ideas.

The only thing gained is some understanding of the other.

In all honesty, there's enough of this stuff on the Internet already to understand both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old November 13th, 2009, 11:47 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Still playing with my son (just watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop which conclusively proves that there is no God btw )
Ooh... I've never seen that, yet it is still an excellent point.
Old November 14th, 2009, 12:16 AM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart

CREVO debate...fun.

I've got some pretty atheist ideas, and I'm generally considered to be atheist. Recently though, I randomly decided to look up my great grandparents, and I'm 1/8th Wiccan.

After a bit of thinking, I decided that being atheist was boring. Wicca have waaaaaaay more fun. I can't say I beleive ANY of it, but it's certainly more fun than just sitting around crying.

This is all to say, when people wonder about why we got here, it's sort of funny. The fact remains that we are here, the question should be "What now?". I can understand looking to the past to better understand the future, but religion is a question of faith, not facts. You can't prove or disprove anything. It's just as likely there's a Jesus as there is a Zeus, or nothing at all, or a collective unconsciousness (my personal favorite). Pray, don't pray, whatever. As long as we remember amendment 1 and the separation of church and state, we should be fine.

Have fun ripping each others throats out ^_^

PS: If there is a God, I wish he had given us a few extra planets and a plant that grew spaceships. Some sort of infinite energy would be good too, and maybe an elixir of life.

2013, Still alive.
Old November 14th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

jotun7, I realize you are young and enthusiastic about your beliefs. I would caution you against being so confident. Many people here have been in the debates quite a few times, and I'm finally (luckily) exhausted debating it. So I'll trot out a revised version of what I've said here many times before.

Please read this carefully, jotun7. The experts, as in the people who really have studied the evidence, disagree with you.

How much do they disagree with you? Some studies show that 99.85% of scientists in the relevant fields believe humans evolved from ape ancestors. Your BEST bet is a another study that showed 92% of scientists in the relevant fields believe that humans are just advanced apes. That remaining 8% doesn't mean that they don't believe in evolution. It just means that they don't believe the exact story. The importance of me pointing that out is that only a very small % of that 8% probably agree with you.

In other words, most of the scientists in the world are aware of your arguments... and they disagree with you. Furthermore, most Christians disagree with you. The science textbook you use is not a normal textbook. It's a textbook for Christians who believe the Bible is literally true.

I'm not an expert in biology, geology, neurology or any other "ology," but if 99.85% of the scientific community believes something to be true, then I'm at least gonna tuck my tail a little and go see if they might be right.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General