Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 24th, 2007, 02:12 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
I think that's the point he's trying to get across, Darkspade...
But he's specifically complaining about WoW.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old November 24th, 2007, 02:16 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
And that's the point he's trying to get across. It's just far more visible in WoW, but it's in all MMORPG too. His argument isn't nullified just because WoW isn't the only one with botched RP. In fact, it could be argued that a lot of them have botched RP because of WoW.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 24th, 2007, 02:16 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
I think that's the point he's trying to get across, Darkspade...
But he's specifically complaining about WoW.

No no, browncoat is complaining about Wow's gameplay and how little kids are ruining it. You have a bunch of 10 year olds acting moronic ruining the essence of role playing servers. Thats what he said. He also gave an example:

Human warrior: duD3z we 0wned that dragon!
Dwarf paladin:w3 gotta hurry b4 it respawns!
Night elf druid: i need a buff b4 i can go back

browncoat said that is how it goes in RP servers, so it pretty much is dumb.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ic.php?t=16850

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old November 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
All MMORPGs have the same issue with role playing, or lack thereof. However, as I said earlier, WoW is the bane of all of them. Why?

Unlike a lot of games, WoW has servers dedicated to RP. There are games who have "unofficial" servers, mostly decided by the players themselves, but very few have special servers set aside strictly for role players. There is no standard on these servers, no rule enforcement. Role players hide in obscure places to carry on their gaming, because the general environment is filled with idiot kids who ruin the experience.

There really needs to be an age limit for online gaming. And 13 is not it.
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
All MMORPGs have the same issue with role playing, or lack thereof. However, as I said earlier, WoW is the bane of all of them. Why?

Unlike a lot of games, WoW has servers dedicated to RP. There are games who have "unofficial" servers, mostly decided by the players themselves, but very few have special servers set aside strictly for role players. There is no standard on these servers, no rule enforcement. Role players hide in obscure places to carry on their gaming, because the general environment is filled with idiot kids who ruin the experience.

There really needs to be an age limit for online gaming. And 13 is not it.

I agree with you. 13 in't the right age for playing Wow because there are still kids that are immature at that age. I'm stating the obvious I know but really, maybe the age can be 15?

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:19 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunakor
...maybe the age can be 15?
I was thinking more like 25.
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:49 PM

Silver1327 has disabled reputation
How old are you?
Old November 25th, 2007, 01:59 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunakor
...maybe the age can be 15?
I was thinking more like 25.

But...I'M 15...... Ayway I have a scenario for Wow maps. Warcraft players can play my scenario. Just go to my thread.

Old November 28th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Well back to Wow maps topic, I have an idea that can go along with mapmaking. If there is anybody there who is a dedicated map maker,let me know because I have an idea for a game. A scenario to Warcraft 3!

Old November 30th, 2007, 09:54 AM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
brunakor, That looks pretty good! i would try it out if i had the set count.

On the topic of MMORPGs, Guild wars is very open to role play, for every zone, you have a seprate one for yourself and your frends, so you can role play or LOLZH!!!!!11!1!11 all you want.
But With wow, you are right, the spamers are everywhere. But if you act in a didnafyed manner, it is SO mutch better. Say, i saw this spamer tipe guy asking for a mage to cerate a portal to a major city, He waid it like this HIA! CAN U PORT ME TO DARN PLZ???77? The mage charged him a large sum. I walked up to the mage and said. "Would you mind cerating a portal fot me? I have the rune needed right here." The mage did it for free. And if you are forming a group for a dungon, do not invite people who look to be the spaming type. You can not escape them in a major city, but you can dodge them elsewhere.

(If anyone plays allyance on the thunderhorn server....)

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old November 30th, 2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter
brunakor, That looks pretty good! i would try it out if i had the set count.

On the topic of MMORPGs, Guild wars is very open to role play, for every zone, you have a seprate one for yourself and your frends, so you can role play or LOLZH!!!!!11!1!11 all you want.
But With wow, you are right, the spamers are everywhere. But if you act in a didnafyed manner, it is SO mutch better. Say, i saw this spamer tipe guy asking for a mage to cerate a portal to a major city, He waid it like this HIA! CAN U PORT ME TO DARN PLZ???77? The mage charged him a large sum. I walked up to the mage and said. "Would you mind cerating a portal fot me/ I have the rune needed right here." The mage did it for free. And if you are forming a group for a dungon, do not invite people who look to be the spaming type. You can not escape them in a major city, but you can dodge them elsewhere.

(If anyone plays allyance on the thunderhorn server....)
That was a nice story. Spammers waste more money spamming then gaining money for....spamming. And I wish I could play with you but 3 things:

1. I'm on the yosandre server.
2. I'm for the horde. Sorry man.
3. I haven't paid for my account so I'm frozen..

And thanks for your feedback on my thread! I appreciate it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios