Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 14th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Gaslands is fun!

I love how you made magnetic pieces for your board! How did you do the dice? I just used labels for mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 14th, 2019, 01:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Gaslands is fun!

I love how you made magnetic pieces for your board! How did you do the dice? I just used labels for mine.
I don't know where I got it or how long I've had it but I found some clear almost like vinyl adhesive backed printable paper. It wasn't the best since the spray I used to seal it sort of faded the spin and slide dice. It's the reason I was asking Trex about his Cricut machine. I was trying to come up with a better way. I may just switch back to regular label paper it just seems too thick and I worry about balance. I'll probably buy some engraved dice and plexi templates eventually but for now this works.

The way we put together the dice was double blast on 6 and single blast on 5 and we used a different color on 4 for the blast since you can't count 4's on cover. We added our Evade symbol for the 1 and just changed all the defense abilities to -1 on the roll instead of +1 to the roll. I like my games where Offense wants big numbers and defense wants small numbers. It just makes sense to me.

We have a death match scheduled for this evening. We've mostly just done races so far. He's ready to bust out C-Wag and start ramming me.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 14th, 2019, 03:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Gaslands is fun!

I don't know where I got it or how long I've had it but I found some clear almost like vinyl adhesive backed printable paper. It wasn't the best since the spray I used to seal it sort of faded the spin and slide dice. It's the reason I was asking Trex about his Cricut machine. I was trying to come up with a better way. I may just switch back to regular label paper it just seems too thick and I worry about balance. I'll probably buy some engraved dice and plexi templates eventually but for now this works.

The way we put together the dice was double blast on 6 and single blast on 5 and we used a different color on 4 for the blast since you can't count 4's on cover. We added our Evade symbol for the 1 and just changed all the defense abilities to -1 on the roll instead of +1 to the roll. I like my games where Offense wants big numbers and defense wants small numbers. It just makes sense to me.

We have a death match scheduled for this evening. We've mostly just done races so far. He's ready to bust out C-Wag and start ramming me.
Hey, my 3d printer is down until I get replacement parts and they dont seem to have half of them in stock until mid february. That means I am forced to stop printing momentarily. Ill be throwing on the laser engraver head while I wait and will be tuning it in to engrave dice and other things. Ill try out some gaslands dice. That might be fun. Also if you have pics of the dice pics I can try on my cricut as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 14th, 2019, 04:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Thanks for sharing @japes

You did a great job with everything. I'm impressed! I look forward to hearing some battle reports

One day I will play Gaslands I had gone in with both feet over 6 months ago, in buying the rulebook, the dice, acrylic templates and tokens, and even did a custom job on a car. But have not played. I have a problem with having too many interests in various tabletop miniatures games.

I've stopped working on Star Wars Legion for awhile, and will have a decent backlog of it to paint. But I needed to get going on my The Drowned Earth models and get them painted and some games in.

My goals for 2019 are to get my Fallout Wasteland Warfare models painted and played, get a handful of cars ready to play Gaslands and make some gates, and continue painting and playing Legion and The Drowned Earth. Also need to get back to playing The Walking Dead and Frostgrave. It really wouldn't take me long to get a few more cars ready enough to get Gaslands played, so no excuse for me not to.

I did recently sell my 2nd starter set of Halo Ground Command. I got it cheap from a friend that loved Halo, but not willing to do the assembly and painting of the miniatures. This set was still unassembled, except for the 2 Hunters that I painted. It went to a new home in Texas. I've had it for 2 years, so figured I'd sell it for what it cost new and got money to put towards other hobby stuff.

At some point, I may sell all of my painted Halo Ground Command stuff. I have a decent amount and it's not getting played. My buddy Chris is super busy over the past year plus, in going back to school while also working full time and odd shifts. He's got another couple years of this crazy schedule but is only 37 years old. He's got much more time to get back into gaming later on. While I keep getting older and lose patience for keeping games that don't get played.

At le

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 14th, 2019, 06:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Gaslands is fun!

Hey, my 3d printer is down until I get replacement parts and they dont seem to have half of them in stock until mid february. That means I am forced to stop printing momentarily. Ill be throwing on the laser engraver head while I wait and will be tuning it in to engrave dice and other things. Ill try out some gaslands dice. That might be fun. Also if you have pics of the dice pics I can try on my cricut as well.
Well I still haven't even received my 3D printer...

The Skid dice are easy to find icons for. The attack dice however are my own creation. The game uses standard D6's for attack but after Heroscape my son thought we could do better. I can send you my PSD file if it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thanks for sharing @japes

You did a great job with everything. I'm impressed! I look forward to hearing some battle reports

One day I will play Gaslands I had gone in with both feet over 6 months ago, in buying the rulebook, the dice, acrylic templates and tokens, and even did a custom job on a car. But have not played. I have a problem with having too many interests in various tabletop miniatures games.
Thanks. The more I look at it the more I think we need to add to our table floor. Looks more like rusted metal and not as much like dirt. But we can fix that.

Acrylic templates and dice are my next interest. We have a lot of 1 cm cubes of different colors that we use for the tokens so I'll hold off on that. At least until I get my printer and learn to use it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 15th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The phrase "only 37 years old" brought joy to my heart. Thanks for that one, Hambone. #36BatYearsOld

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 15th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The phrase "only 37 years old" brought joy to my heart. Thanks for that one, Hambone. #36BatYearsOld
You're very welcome Bats

You'll see one day how true it is.

To put it into gaming persective, I have been big into tabletop miniatures games over the past 3 years. I have bought into a lot of different game systems, as well as terrain. All of the miniatures have to be painted , with most needing assembly first. Most of the terrain I have needs to be assembled and painted. Some have come pre-painted but still require 2-6 hours of assembly, and then there are the pieces that I scratch build.

As with most hobbyists of this type, I have more wants than time to get caught up with painting of what I have, as I always keep buying more.

My buddy Chris is similar, but buys way more than me. Since going back to school while working full time, his hobby time had significantly decreased. But that will improve after a couple more years of school. He and his girlfriend don't have kids. I'm always going to be 14 years older than him, so he's always going to have that extra amount of time to spend on this hobby than I will.

You got into board gaming much younger than me. So you have that many more years ahead of you to enjoy them.

Old January 15th, 2019, 09:31 AM
A Man of Taste

I've only been in the hobby for a short time now and I turn 43 in a couple weeks. I'm hoping for many years ahead. My son is at a good time where he wants to paint as well and he's old enough where he can actually learn something. I had fun teaching him how to stipple the cars to add rust and/or dirt. He learned a little about when restraint actually looked better and when going all out worked as well. He's excited to learn more so we are learning together.

Old January 15th, 2019, 12:55 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Hey @japes , I'm also 43! Small world.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 15th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Youngsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 15th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pups.
Old January 15th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Youngsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Pups.
Hah!

In my best Gimly voice, "43 they call it. 43!"

I'm sure to Bats, 43 makes Japes and Spidey'tilIDie old.

All about where you happen to sit on the time line , as to what is old or young

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures