Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 5th, 2018, 10:08 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
There's a Spreadsheet For That

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
This is great, although only checked the math for a couple of the new ones. Thanks for doing - did a couple tournaments for NHSD with partial scoring and it took awhile and was confusing (although that has more to do with doing points destroyed + points left).

Another idea is to have a list sorted by points, then lives/figures, and only have one of each of those combos, with no names. So for instance, only one 80 point 5-life and one 50 point 3-life/figure. You would only need to list the combos that is in the game including customs (95 point only has 4 life option [for Arktos]), but could add more combinations just for future use.
This would be fairly simple to do in a Google sheets document due to the filter formula.

~Dysole, very sad Excel doesn't have a filter, sort, or unique function as those are much more convenient than the ways to make those happen in Excel
Old November 8th, 2018, 05:14 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: VC Partial Points Sheet

Quote:
... it took awhile and was confusing (although that has more to do with doing points destroyed + points left).
Yeah, we only do points remaining any more. It's so much easier to be able to say "if it's still on the board, you count it; otherwise you don't." Then you don't have bicker over whether undropped AE or clinging gnids are "destroyed" or not, etc.

Quote:
Another idea is to have a list sorted by points, then lives/figures, and only have one of each of those combos, with no names. So for instance, only one 80 point 5-life and one 50 point 3-life/figure. You would only need to list the combos that is in the game including customs (95 point only has 4 life option [for Arktos]), but could add more combinations just for future use.
Yeah, we could do it that way ... but it seems more complicated. (To look up, I mean; not to program the sheet.) As long as I can keep making it fit on one page, I think it's easier to do it this way.

My only regret with this format is that I can either make it the right way around for heroes and backwards for squads (which is what I chose), or right for squads but backwards for heroes. I suppose I could do them backwards to each other on the same sheet, but that seems even more confusing. I suppose if it gets too big for one page, I could do heroes on one page and squads on another ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
This would be fairly simple to do in a Google sheets document due to the filter formula.
Oh, believe me: I am making copious use of the filter function (and the sort function, and the importhtml function, and probably the unique function, and maybe even the dget function ...) I suppose I could share my spreadsheets out with people if they were interested, but it's kind of a complex mishmash among three different workbooks that requires manual copy-paste at various points to avoid circular references ... I mean, I think I'd spend more time explaining it than any benefit anyone could get out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 8th, 2018, 08:24 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Formatt Damon

I guess I'm confused then as to why if it's a Google sheet, it's being offered as an Excel download rather than linked directly.

~Dysole, theorizing that it's got something to do with how many formulas are involved
Old November 11th, 2018, 03:18 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Formatt Damon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I guess I'm confused then as to why if it's a Google sheet, it's being offered as an Excel download rather than linked directly.
Oh, it isn't: this download is a PDF of the end result. Much easier to use that way.

There are at least 3 crosslinked spreadsheets with a metric butt-ton of tabs and some manual copy-pasting involved ... heck, I think one of the spreadsheets isn't even mine. I think I'm still using Arch-vile's old sheet for the VC data, which I have permission to edit, but I dunno if I have permission to share it or not. The classic data I pull straight from GaryLASQ's site via an importhtml function. I'm not sure what value anyone could wrangle out of getting read-only access to any of these spreadsheets, but I'm certainly open to considering any arguments that anyone wants to put forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old December 9th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: VC Partial Points Sheet

I actually use an all-in spreadsheet for this kind of stuff... with filter abuses too. And when I want a specific information about a precise figure, the 3rd sheet allows to find a figure by its name (with auto-completion) and get all its information.. except synergies. This is still in progress to get also the figure picture and hitzone but I struggled to automate the database creation !

Unfortunately, is it not up-to-date since end of 2017... :/

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old December 9th, 2018, 11:32 AM

Sheetfulness

Solid sheet. I prefer INDEX (MATCH ()) to VLOOKUP but I like what you have there. I've looked at my sheet and I see that I could pretty easily install some of these partial points things. If I do so, I'll definitely share the results.

~Dysole, who likes her sheets

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs