Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 10th, 2012, 04:10 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas

Is there anyway to shut down reporting a post or thread once it has been reported and reflect an icon change to show it has been reported?

We get additional posts from scapers saying only "reported"; They wouldn't fell compelled to make that post if they knew once it was reported the icon would change to reflect that it has been reported.

I am not sure if this forum has that capacity and there may be some value in allowing multiple members to report a thread or posts. Obviously I am thinking in terms of bots and spam posts that are completely unrelated to our forum.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Would it be possible to add a Valkrill Smilie? One was created here, but it was never put into the system.

Old April 24th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Assuming the software can easily handle this: I would like to suggest making an admin or mod have to validate new member sign ups. Especially if there is a way to allow the profile to be set up and/or allow pending posts before validating the user account. I know that it would add to the admin workload, but it might be a net savings on said workload with the amount of bots that would be shut out. For the actual carbon based new members it should just take some little mention of spam/bot prevention. Considering the current production schedule of Heroscape and the likely continued slow down of new members, I don't think this kind of measure would significantly hurt membership growth.
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Is there anyway to shut down reporting a post or thread once it has been reported and reflect an icon change to show it has been reported?

We get additional posts from scapers saying only "reported"; They wouldn't fell compelled to make that post if they knew once it was reported the icon would change to reflect that it has been reported.

I am not sure if this forum has that capacity and there may be some value in allowing multiple members to report a thread or posts. Obviously I am thinking in terms of bots and spam posts that are completely unrelated to our forum.
From last month...

For bots, if it hasn't been done already I tag them with a dock. Then their little rep boxes turn red and everyone knows they've been identified.

It's not quite what you're suggesting, R˙chean, but it serves a similar purpose.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Here's a little request that just sorta sprung to my mind: some other fan sites have a section where members can go and browse lots of different images and released cards or figures from the game. And there is also typically a place where members can actually upload new content to the site to add to the artsy environment of the online experience. In fact, and I am just spit balling here, we could play on the use of the word "art" and call this section the "Gallery".

I know this is probably just a crazy idea that will go unheard, but if there was a way for this to happen, I think it would really add to the value of this site and that way when new topics are posted on the front of the site, we would be able to use new pictures for people to awe at.

[/rant]

Last edited by Griffin; April 24th, 2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Laying it down pretty thick
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

The majority of the spams that entered our site came via the gallery, so they shut it down until they figured out how to stop them.

truth explained it in more detail in another thread.
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

And still... I want a working Gallery. I know that it involves a deal of work to safeguard the Gallery and make it more secure, but I still wants one. I needs one. My own. My precious.
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
The majority of the spams that entered our site came via the gallery, so they shut it down until they figured out how to stop them.

truth explained it in more detail in another thread.
Doesn't seem to be working.
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You can add still add images to a file in the downloads section. So as a workaround you could upload a placeholder file and upload your pictures there.
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:14 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
You can add still add images to a file in the downloads section. So as a workaround you could upload a placeholder file and upload your pictures there.
I was talking about keeping the spam away. We had another attack today.
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:36 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The spam posts on the forum are different from the problem we were having that shut down the gallery.
We are almost ready to fix the gallery, likely happening this weekend. It requires a software update and I want to make sure it doesn't break anything we've setup or customized. It probably will, just because.

The hold up was a combination of things going on. We are sorry that it has been offline for so long, the timing was just rotten with regards to the two people most comfortable working on the backend software (of which I am one).

(ps: If I were being more honest/cranky my response would have been something like "Suck it, Griffin")

(pps: Griffin, cross your fingers that we get to move back to the Triangle so we can play 'Scape and other games with you again, 'K? Hugs, Bunjee)
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I usually find that to be the most appropriate response to Griffin's posts.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online