Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 18th, 2011, 05:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Why Hasbro is missing the boat...

I feel the same way when I go into a FLAG Hogg. So many very cool looking board games to choose from, but they all cost $50+ and based on previous experience many games can look cool but have terrible game play mechanics. I just can't afford to spend $300+ on 4-6 different board games just to find that I'll only ever play one of them more then once. I know their are a lot of reviews of games out their but not everyone has the same game playing preferences so the reviews are hit and miss.
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:54 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I know their are a lot of reviews of games out their but not everyone has the same game playing preferences so the reviews are hit and miss.
So true. It's hilarious to read reviews and see that half the people think it's complete garbage and the other half think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Sadly, you've got to experience it for yourself to figure out if it's good or not.
Old July 18th, 2011, 06:09 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack188 View Post
Quote:
I know their are a lot of reviews of games out their but not everyone has the same game playing preferences so the reviews are hit and miss.
So true. It's hilarious to read reviews and see that half the people think it's complete garbage and the other half think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Sadly, you've got to experience it for yourself to figure out if it's good or not.
You could always just make your own game. That way, you know you'll enjoy it. Who knows - maybe it could be the next Heroscape!

Spoiler Alert!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
The problem is that there's too many games out there. I went by a few FLGS this weekend and there's hundreds of games available. I was overwhelmed by the selection and ended up not buying anything. They're all expensive and I don't want to take a risk on a game just because the box looks cool, and they all look cool. $50 is a lot to spend on a roll of the dice (get it?) and I'd rather buy something designed by names I trust.
www.boardgameexchange.com. Netflix for boardgames. Try before you buy.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:31 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
The problem is that there's too many games out there. I went by a few FLGS this weekend and there's hundreds of games available. I was overwhelmed by the selection and ended up not buying anything. They're all expensive and I don't want to take a risk on a game just because the box looks cool, and they all look cool. $50 is a lot to spend on a roll of the dice (get it?) and I'd rather buy something designed by names I trust.
$480 a year is alot of money to not risk "Buyers Remorse". A neat idea, but way too expensive to be feasible in my opinions.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
$480 a year is alot of money to not risk "Buyers Remorse". A neat idea, but way too expensive to be feasible in my opinions.
Right, but if you have a four-person game group, then it becomes $120/year/person, or $10/month/person. I'm not saying it is for everyone, but it is a cool idea.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 19th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I'm a subscriber, and I love the service. I get to play every single new game out there, without any risk. And if I like it, I keep it until I get sick of it.

No additional shelf space required, no "must have" games that get missed out on because I'm broke, none of that.

It's a brilliant service, and they're growing daily.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
I feel the same way when I go into a FLAG Hogg. So many very cool looking board games to choose from, but they all cost $50+ and based on previous experience many games can look cool but have terrible game play mechanics. I just can't afford to spend $300+ on 4-6 different board games just to find that I'll only ever play one of them more then once. I know their are a lot of reviews of games out their but not everyone has the same game playing preferences so the reviews are hit and miss.
Good reviewers tell you what the game is like, how to play (basics) and what the verdict is with pros and cons for people to read about.

Try www.drakesflames.blogspot.com and www.superflycircus.blogspot.com. Those are the 2 sites I make all my buying decisions on

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 19th, 2011, 06:03 PM

AgentDex Woo who?

A Netflix for board games! How cool is that!
Thanks for the Info. That is worth checking out.

It's nice to know I am not the only adult addicted to buying and playing with plastic miniatures.
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Quote:
Then once Obama is gone, the economy can come back to life...
I don't think it's fair to blame Obama for the economy, it went bad before he got there, Bush didn't help with all his tax cuts, but he didn't cause it either. It is my opinion that it was the housing market that caused it. I have relatives who work in the mortgage system as underwriters. The sales people and loan officers get paid for each loan they get through. So the loan officers and sales people pushed bad loans that should not have gone through and put many people in houses that they couldn't afford, all to line their own pockets. As a result, many people lost their homes. So when you have no money to spend, no money goes into the economy. It is the banks that are to blame for the economy, and not one of them is fixing the problems that caused it so it will only get worse. Obama's only real mistake in this is taking the banks' words for it. But it is not fair to just blame him outright. The next president will be stuck with just as many problems, Democrat or Republican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdarthgandalf View Post
I blame neither. Better to stick it to WOTC - they like canceling lines that aren't their "core products". Star Wars Miniatures anyone? And then D&D Heroscape? Kinda fun, but I liked what Heroscape was before that. At least we got something out of them though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I blame Bush, personally. With his intellect, I'm sure he snapped up all of the My Little Ponies and Polly Pockets, which totally changed the way Hasbro looks at making money. They saw a huge cash cow there, and handed off HS to the daughter company since it was no longer worth their time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Quote:
Then once Obama is gone, the economy can come back to life and they can consider investing in making all new waves of product once again.

I have heard Republicans blame alot (ALOT) on Obama... but this is the first time I heard the cancellation of Hero Scape blamed on Obama...

I can see it now... Obama's Legacy:

Killing Osama Bin Ladin
Cancellation of Hero Scape

No wonder the guy is getting gray hair. With issues such as Wave 4 reprints hanging over his head... it is no wonder more serious problems can't get resolved...
I joined this conversation a little late but that's why I quoted them all.

Why can't they (Congress) have a huge Heroscape battle to solve there problems. At leats that way something would get done. I can just see it. The whole Boardroom filled with Heroscape. With more peices than Dr. Wierdscaper can ever dream of. Hey, maybe I found the solution to the reason we're in so much debt and why it's taking so long to solve the Debt Ceiling Crisis. Congress spent all their money on Heroscape and now they use Heroscape to solve their problems but since their playing with a full Boardroom, no one can move their peices and nothings getting done.

I'M A GENIOUS!!!!!!
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

It's not just about turning a profit, it's about turning enough of a profit. So, if they make $10,000 net reprinting wave 4 maybe it's not even worth the effort. Furthermore, it doesn't drive sales of any other products.
Old August 11th, 2011, 11:08 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I'M A GENIOUS!!!!!!
You said it.

But I disagree with one thing kenjib -- HeroScape does drive sales of other products. I did not even recognize Hasbro before HeroScape and did not care which games they made. Now, I look to see what Hasbro makes and have strong opinions for good or bad. How they produce and treat one product (HeroScape) portends how good future products will be. Customer loyalty means more than can be calculated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion