Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 27th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HELLFIRE -DARKPHOENIX/ODIN - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

I took a Hound Heroclix figure and repainted her into Dark Phoenix. It turned out alright.

This is one I posted in another thread somewhere. It is Odin. This was the last mod I did before moving and stepping down from the promo gig w/ C3G and might be my favorite mod. The body is a Sentinel of Jandar, the bird is a familiar from the Reaper's Bones miniatures, the head is from a Thorgrim, eyepatch is just a random piece of plastic I cut out, the cape is from a large Spawn miniature from some really lame Spawn boardgame I picked up from who know's where, the sword is from Agent Carr, and the spear is from Grimnak. Then I repainted it.

Old August 27th, 2014, 06:43 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I seriously love your mods!!!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 27th, 2014, 07:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great idea on the phoenix...tons cheaper.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 28th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I seriously love your mods!!!
@Spidey'tilIDie ... Thanks! I try to keep them simple but effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes
Great idea on the phoenix...tons cheaper.
@japes ... Yeah, it is definitely way cheaper and players still see it and go, "woah, it's Dark Phoenix!" To me that is most of the battle ... if the players believe it's Dark Phoenix with minimal suspension of belief, I feel the custom has won the day. Although, I'm pretty sure others have done this with the Hound as well ... at least I would figure so.

Last edited by Hellfire; August 28th, 2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old August 28th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Promotable Material

Re: HELLFIRE -GODZILLA/ALIENS - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

GODZILLA proxy here. We do have a custom card somewhere for him but it was never adequately playtested. He's been based in the same way that Galactus was. He was less than $30 so it wasn't too bad.

ALIENS figures created from Games Workshop Tyranids ... idr, which ones (genestealers maybe?) ... Still need to sculpt a tail and reshape the head ... I'll use some cheap epoxy to do both ... I'll use some wire to help shape the tail before sculpting.

Here is another Alien option. I used the extra heads from the Tyranids box I picked up and swapped it with the previous head of a Shadow Mage Knight figure. It also still needs a tail and a head reshaping.

But both Aliens figures are playable as they are, imo.
Old August 28th, 2014, 05:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
@japes ... Yeah, it is definitely way cheaper and players still see it and go, "woah, it's Dark Phoenix!" To me that is the most of the battle ... if the players believe it's Dark Phoenix with minimal suspension of belief, I feel the custom has won the day. Although, I'm pretty sure others have done this with the Hound as well ... at least I would figure so.
That may be true but if you hadn't posted it some such as I would have never known this hound existed. In my house we use the same Jean Grey figure for all iterations of Jean, Phoenix and Dark Phoenix so we have a huge suspension of belief whereas here there is very little if any. So Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 29th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Promotable Material

Re: HELLFIRE - STRANGE/HYDRA MECH - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

DR. HUGO STRANGE.

For the most part, I simply followed the tutorial in the C3G Book.

HYDRA MECH

Originally a Zettian Guard that was turned into a HYDRA MECH. Just added some green and yellow.

Last edited by Hellfire; August 30th, 2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old August 29th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
@japes ... Yeah, it is definitely way cheaper and players still see it and go, "woah, it's Dark Phoenix!" To me that is the most of the battle ... if the players believe it's Dark Phoenix with minimal suspension of belief, I feel the custom has won the day. Although, I'm pretty sure others have done this with the Hound as well ... at least I would figure so.
That may be true but if you hadn't posted it some such as I would have never known this hound existed. In my house we use the same Jean Grey figure for all iterations of Jean, Phoenix and Dark Phoenix so we have a huge suspension of belief whereas here there is very little if any. So Thanks for taking the time to post it.
@japes I'm glad it helps! Customization is probably one of the things I enjoy most about C3G. I really don't play that often outside of solo play (usually for playtesting custom rules or for C3G designs) ... I enjoy hosting games, reffing as needed, and just making sure everyone has a good time with drinks, food, movies, or whatever and the customizing and having an "official-ish" mini on the board goes a long long way.

As a result I've ended up w/ lots of stuff ... some good, some cool, some lame, some incomplete ... I'm gradually showing it all off in hopes that others find value from it; I know the custom arena isn't quite as active as it may have been in the past but I know some people lurk (I can be guilty of this too often haha) and hopefully they enjoy it as well. I've also been gathering up the scenario/campaign stuff but haven't decided how to post it ... most of it is in Word Docs (not pretty) and so I keep tempting myself to put into some kind of nice looking PDFs. But we'll see.
Old August 30th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: HELLFIRE -STRANGE/HYDRA MECH - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

What's a Zettian Juggernaut? Looks like a Zettian Guard to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 30th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Promotable Material

Re: HELLFIRE -STRANGE/HYDRA MECH - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
What's a Zettian Juggernaut? Looks like a Zettian Guard to me.
Fixed. That's what I get for trying to name figures I know nothing about. However, the only name I hope my players remember is HYDRA Mech so that when they see it they say, "Looks like a HYDRA Mech."
Old August 31st, 2014, 05:43 PM
Promotable Material

Re: HELLFIRE -HULK/IRONMAN-STEALTH - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

HULK

A handful of heroes figure that is all painted up.

IRON MAN - STEALTH SUIT

I just followed the C3G tutorial while mixing the paints to taste.

Old August 31st, 2014, 06:20 PM
Promotable Material

Re: HELLFIRE -HULK/IRONMAN-STEALTH - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

HELLFIRE’S PLOTS and SUBPLOTS

Order of Operations

• Choose/Roll Plot
  • Determine which C3G optional rules and Hellfire Add-on rules are to be used.
  • Build Map
  • Add Plot Items/Objects/etc.
  • Add Destructible Objects
  • Add Glyphs/Resources/Vehicles/Etc.
  • Draft Armies (If tournament or campaign, choose from pre-built Armies)
  • Roll for Subplots (May be done randomly or players may draft their subplots)
  • Roll to determine Start Zones, if not determined by the Plot
  • Place Bystanders (i.e. Citizens), if desired or applicable to plot (this may be done before Start Zones, if dictated by Plot) and any other Plots/Subplots’ objects/items/etc that have not been placed up to this point but need to be.
  • Choose/Roll Conditions
PLOTS
TABLE OF PLOTS

Roll d20
  1. Assassination
  2. Bank Robbery
  3. Hostages
  4. Ambush
  5. The Final Act
  6. Destroy or Defend
  7. Escape
  8. Invasion
  9. Macguffin
  10. Territorial Control
  11. Objective Control
  12. Summoned
  13. Destroy or Protect Bystanders
  14. Airborne Contagion
  15. Monster Hunt
  16. Doomsday Device
  17. Precursor to a Cosmic Event
  18. Reserves
  19. Who Needs A Leader?
  20. Crossover Issue
SUBPLOTS

TABLE OF SUBPLOTS

Roll d6 (Both Players roll 1x before a battle)
  1. Survivor
  2. Vengeance
  3. Double Agent
  4. Gather Evidence
  5. Blackmailed
  6. Soliloquy

Last edited by Hellfire; September 3rd, 2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Update

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations