Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 4th, 2022, 09:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

I thought it was $400 *more*.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2022, 10:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
So the "$400 for painted minis" statement can be re-evaluated now that we have a price for unpainted minis.

The difference would have been $150, divided among 71 figures, works out to around $2.00 per figure to have paint added.
I think trying to quantify it like this is misleading. The Haslab price we are being offered is not the price it will be sold at should it reach retail after the campaign. For starters, they are selling direct to consumer right now and cutting out the middle man. To have it show up on a shelf somewhere, the store owners need to make some money too. The end goal of a Heroscape return is for continued sales down the road, so the final retail price has to be considered viable.

Then we are agreeing to pay up front for a product that won't be sent to us for a year or more. It's expected that comes with a discount, otherwise why would anybody do it? As many people have pointed out, we are getting a pretty good deal at $250 considering everything that is included. I would expect to pay a lot more if I were trying to buy all those mini's and terrain over the course of different 10 purchases via Amazon. Something like that big Blimp figure would not be cheap.

I didn't see/hear the "$400 for painted minis" in real time, but whoever said that quote could have been referencing the price they were quoted internally for just the mini's, before they marked it up to sell to us at a profit. Or after the mini mark up, but before adding in the cost of the terrain & game components. Even say you are right and the quote was directly saying that the Haslab campaign was either $250 unpainted mini's, or $400 painted mini's, that's a significant jump for some people. I've seen enough people say they don't have the $250 for it as is, it's not hard to see some of the $250 backers would not pledge at $400.
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:03 AM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
If someone doesn't want to fully paint the minis, but also doesn't like the plastic color for a specific general, then they could buy a can of spray paint and change it fairly quickly and cheaply
With all due respect, I'm not interested in buying into Heroscape just so that I can spend a weekend spraypainting and fine painting board game miniatures, while making the investment in paint materials that I wouldn't use for anything else otherwise.

Call me lazy or entitled. Whatever. I'm not going to bother when I know that old Heroscape is a tried and proven product.
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:07 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Really weird take around here, I know, but: If someone doesn't like what's being offered in the campaign, they probably shouldn't back it? I think it's OK to not buy stuff you don't want.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 5th, 2022, 10:09 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
So the "$400 for painted minis" statement can be re-evaluated now that we have a price for unpainted minis.

The difference would have been $150, divided among 71 figures, works out to around $2.00 per figure to have paint added.
I think trying to quantify it like this is misleading. The Haslab price we are being offered is not the price it will be sold at should it reach retail after the campaign. For starters, they are selling direct to consumer right now and cutting out the middle man. To have it show up on a shelf somewhere, the store owners need to make some money too. The end goal of a Heroscape return is for continued sales down the road, so the final retail price has to be considered viable.

Then we are agreeing to pay up front for a product that won't be sent to us for a year or more. It's expected that comes with a discount, otherwise why would anybody do it? As many people have pointed out, we are getting a pretty good deal at $250 considering everything that is included. I would expect to pay a lot more if I were trying to buy all those mini's and terrain over the course of different 10 purchases via Amazon. Something like that big Blimp figure would not be cheap.

I didn't see/hear the "$400 for painted minis" in real time, but whoever said that quote could have been referencing the price they were quoted internally for just the mini's, before they marked it up to sell to us at a profit. Or after the mini mark up, but before adding in the cost of the terrain & game components. Even say you are right and the quote was directly saying that the Haslab campaign was either $250 unpainted mini's, or $400 painted mini's, that's a significant jump for some people. I've seen enough people say they don't have the $250 for it as is, it's not hard to see some of the $250 backers would not pledge at $400.
I also think it's important to note that $400 was a minimum. It seems very likely to me that it would have been more. The "minimum" brings to mind Heroclix, and it would have been a shame to see these sculpts painted at that level

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Really weird take around here, I know, but: If someone doesn't like what's being offered in the campaign, they probably shouldn't back it? I think it's OK to not buy stuff you don't want.
Where do you come up with these crazy ideas??
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:38 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The problem is we've been told this is our only chance to bring back HeroScape, so you kind of have to buy it even if you don't like these particular figures, just so you have a chance of getting something you like more later.
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
The problem is we've been told this is our only chance to bring back HeroScape, so you kind of have to buy it even if you don't like these particular figures, just so you have a chance of getting something you like more later.
Yeah, emotional terrorism is a problem. While it's probably true that it's a make or break deal, this is known and folks can decide what they want to do with that info. Definitely not something we need to keep bringing up as a pressure campaign. That just gets unhealthy fast, IMO.

Old October 5th, 2022, 10:58 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
I would hope that what's been presented as part of Age of Annihilation is representative of the kind and quality of product we'd get further down the line, so I'm not sure the bolded part of the above argument holds water? Yeah, they may produce units that conform to your taste later on (Avalon Hill has confirmed they watch the boards for feedback, and the War Council come directly from this community), but also they may not? They're clearly excited about the direction of this set. So if you, like me, really like what's on offer now, and you can back it, then back it. And if you really don't like what's on offer now, but hope that Avalon Hill will take your preferences into account at a later date, then I hope that roll of the dice is worth the money to you. Maybe it is, everybody's situation is different.

But no, you don't have to back it. There are lots of reasons to back it (getting new terrain out into the world for new 'Scapers to experience as old '04 terrain breaks down is a good one, IMO) but at the end of the day you can just... not?

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; October 5th, 2022 at 11:00 AM. Reason: the idea that you're a bad person for not throwing down $250 for something you don't like is... interesting.
Old October 5th, 2022, 11:00 AM

And no one should feel guilted into backing or pressured into backing. If you like it and want it and it sparks joy for you and you can afford it, by all means, back it. If not, you do you. Simple as that, IMO.

Old October 5th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Old October 5th, 2022, 11:39 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

I don’t like it. The figures not being painted is a dealbreaker for me. I’m not going to back a project hoping for painted figures possibly coming in the future. I really hope this project gets funded as so many people like it and I do want heroscape to succeed even though I won’t be partaking. I never liked dungeons and dragons heroscape and never purchased any of that either but was happy for people who did. Just because we choose not to give money to something doesn’t mean we want it to fail or don’t support it. I’ve been spreading the word as best I can and have informed all my old heroscape buddies. At the end of the day what I do with my hard earned money is my choice and if I don’t like it I won’t be spending it.

Long live Heroscape.
Old October 5th, 2022, 11:54 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by champrjk View Post
I don’t like it. The figures not being painted is a dealbreaker for me. I’m not going to back a project hoping for painted figures possibly coming in the future. I really hope this project gets funded as so many people like it and I do want heroscape to succeed even though I won’t be partaking. I never liked dungeons and dragons heroscape and never purchased any of that either but was happy for people who did. Just because we choose not to give money to something doesn’t mean we want it to fail or don’t support it. I’ve been spreading the word as best I can and have informed all my old heroscape buddies. At the end of the day what I do with my hard earned money is my choice and if I don’t like it I won’t be spending it.
Sure, I dont blame you. I just wouldnt count on future releases being painted either. And thats ok.

Cheers

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion