Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 30th, 2021, 03:12 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Shiftrex Customs (12/27/21... Alien Scout)

Oh geez, yup. Old wording. I'll get that corrected.

Thanks for looking!
Old January 1st, 2022, 02:54 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think the teleport Beacon is a super cool concept and makes for some interesting counter play. And with 7 range, 4 life, 5 def, he's sure to be a pain at times. With that stat line, I think he's a bit underpriced.
Old January 1st, 2022, 01:25 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He is actually quite easy to kill. May drop a stat point somewhere if anything turns up in testing but a single attack hero with no synergies is barely worth the play at my table generally lol.

Will examine the price point and statline relation.
Old June 1st, 2022, 07:37 PM

Re: Shiftrex Customs (6/18/21... Lepiota-Myconid)

- - - - - - -

KLAKTEEL
UNDEAD WARDEN

The figure used is Crocodile Head Mummy #008 from Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • All Guard heroes and Squads

This guy has been sitting around a while and was on my list of figures that I knew would be fun to share with others. If you do a test with him let me know how it went and if it worked out.[/QUOTE]
Old June 2nd, 2022, 01:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Shiftrex Customs (06/01/22... Klakteel)

Been a minute since I checked out any customs. This guy caught my eye since I have a fondness for ancient Greek and Egyptian minis and lore. I have the all in pledge for Ankh gods of Egypt and love the sobek model I have. If you are looking for input on your customs I could throw a few pennies at this one. For me, custom card making is all about theme, then function, and also needs to be fun, getting these right first then balancing it with point cost. Taking this guy for what he is, the theme fits fine for the mini. Typical ancient Egyptian guardian with a flare for sobek. There is a couple things about the card that sends a red flag is the intruder alert ability. The name doesn't fit with the card. It seems out of place, just because of the wording. It makes me think of a robot when reading it. That would be easy enough to change to fit theme. Second thing about the ability that I would look into for theme would be triggering the ability when an enemy figure moves "X" amount of spaces within clear sight of the figure. The enemy model moving towards the model is more intrusive than the model moving towards them. Names of the ability could be changed to stuff with the words: protectors, retaliation, defensive, formation, or wording that has to do with alerting other units, etc. I think I get what you are going for. The only other issue I can see is a figure with 3 defense and tough. This guy is not going to die. I don't think characters with over 2 defense should generally get the tough ability on account that they are just not fun to play against. Your average figure doesn't have much of a chance to hurt the guy. That one is more a personal preference, but also fails the questions I ask about a unit when designing them.

The questions are:
Does the figure follow its theme?
Is the figure fun to play?
Is the figure fun to play against?
Is the figure balanced for its point cost?

Those are my pennies, I like the fact that you have some Egyptian themed stuff here. Very cool. Keep fighting the good fight.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 03:32 PM

Good to see you @TREX I need to get with you for some 2d printer troubleshooting soon.

I'll look at a different name that ability, I used to call it "Sieze them" but changed it because it was a phrase. Can definitely improve there. I think if I change that ability to trigger on an enemy turn then I'll have to toss the potential to attack and only do movement bonding. Not a bad direction, I'll mess with that.

Current statline is derived from the crypt Guardian one, they also have 3d, 4L, and tough. Makes him a tough customer to put down for sure but no more than the current mummies. My crypt guardians die afterall lol. I will examine that and see if I just increase base stats and toss the ability to make things feel better.

Thanks for the input, I definitely appreciate it!
Old June 3rd, 2022, 11:38 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

For sure. Let me know when you need troubleshooting help and I'll see what I can do. I'll admit, I'm not too invested in some of the c3v designs that are newer or some of the older ones that didn't peak my interest as much. If those stats work for the crypt guardians then I suppose they would work OK. They do seem a tad bit hard to put down.
Old June 4th, 2022, 07:26 PM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (Updated: 9/26/20... Clay Gol

- - - - - - -

WULFING HUNTERS
TUNDRA NOMADS

Frontal Assault - Heroes from Far and Wide (1/4)

The figures used are #001 and #014 from D&D ICEWIND DALE: RIME OF THE FROSTMAIDEN.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ARKTOS: HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
    As Hunters the Wulfing Hunters can can benefit from Arktos' Hunter Attack Enhancement.

Synergy Benefits Offered

N/A

Comments and ideas welcome! Latest after a long time of having these guys around. This newest version is really fun and I may look to resubmit soon (See Design notes for tons of updates and edit notes).

Last edited by Shiftrex; August 9th, 2022 at 11:36 PM.
Old June 4th, 2022, 07:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Shiftrex Customs (06/04/22... New Wulfing Hunters)

These look very interesting, I think they will play ver uniquely.

I was thinking it might be possible to use the X order marker to denote there target for a round, or even until a unit is destroyed, and be able to have a different target throughout the game. Of course this flexibility would make them more versatile which in turn might make them more bland.

All in all glad you didn't give up and glad you did not take my advice, I like this direction much more.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 4th, 2022, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

Using the X order marker is pretty interesting. Hadn't thought of that before.
Old June 4th, 2022, 09:06 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I really like this design a lot more than other iterations! This feels very unique and I like how the design is setup to help them succeed. I’m really curious how this army operates against binding melee. I could see that being pretty fun to move them every turn on your off turn.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 11th, 2022, 01:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The Wulfing Hunters look like a lot of fun. Strike and Fade should lead to some interesting decisions, especially since they can't safely Disengage. I could see it being used to get a more advantageous *offensive* position that is still adjacent to the defending figure. Very fun.

4 attack seems pretty beefy for the figures, though. Don't you think 3 attack would be a better fit?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards