Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 24th, 2020, 09:22 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Mister Mind (Breathing, Conquering)

What about something more like this for the control power?

Quote:
MENTAL DEMAND
Whenever you reveal a numbered Order Marker on a card you control, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, you may take temporary control of and take a turn with the Host and you may not take a turn with any other figures you control. If the Host is destroyed, immediately after removing it from the battlefield, place Mister Mind on or adjacent to a space previously occupied by the Host.
So basically eliminates the automatic for allies and instead makes him a potential turn replacer at a potentially surprise moment.

EDIT: The host destruction stuff should probably be folded into the first power.

Looking something like this:
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 24th, 2020, 09:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think boosting the leadership would be a cool way to make him more useful. There's already plenty of really good mind controllers in the game, but turning your enemy's figures into synergy pieces for your team? That's pretty unique.

Like imagine if all your figures within X spaces of the Host got +1 attack or something like that. That would make me as the enemy think twice about how I used the Host, and it would give the mind control half extra utility cause it would allow you to move that boost where you wanted it.
Old August 24th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think boosting the leadership would be a cool way to make him more useful. There's already plenty of really good mind controllers in the game, but turning your enemy's figures into synergy pieces for your team? That's pretty unique.

Like imagine if all your figures within X spaces of the Host got +1 attack or something like that. That would make me as the enemy think twice about how I used the Host, and it would give the mind control half extra utility cause it would allow you to move that boost where you wanted it.
I think the paring down of the text on the control leaves a bit more space to make the leadership element a bit more interesting.
Old August 25th, 2020, 06:30 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post

Looking something like this:
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!
You'll have to make sure to word this in a way that it doesn't trigger on Temporal Defense type powers and create turn interruption. Probably something like "After revealing a numbered Order Marker on a card you control, before taking a turn with that card, you may roll the 20-sided die."

There may still be some timing oddities when combined with other cards that do things right after Order Marker reveals, so that probably should be vetted, but letting him attempt his mind control rolls passively is pretty nice.

This definitely pushes him to only being worthwhile placed on an enemy card, IMO, but that feels on theme, so I'm OK with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post

Yeah, I'd really like to see the Conqueror side of things pop more. Good call.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 25th, 2020, 08:25 AM
Book Wyrm

Taking feedback into consideration... Maybe something like this:

Quote:
NAME = MISTER MIND
SPECIES = VENUSIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 2

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS =

CONQUERING PARASITE

Before the first round, you may choose a Unique Hero in play to be the Host. Place Mister Mind on the Host's Army Card. If the Host is destroyed, immediately after removing it from the battlefield, place Mister Mind on a space previously occupied by the Host. Instead of attacking with Mister Mind, you may choose an adjacent figure to be the new Host. Place Mister Mind on that figure's card.

MENTAL DEMAND
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on a card you control, before taking a turn with that card, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, you may take temporary control of and take a turn with the Host and you may not take a turn with any other figures you control.

THE MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL
When a Unique Hero within five clear sight spaces of Mister Mind or the Host attacks a figure engaged with at least one other figure you control, if no wounds are dealt, you may roll 1 unblockable attack dice against the defending figure.
So the red part is just adding back in the ability to take over a new host. Not sold on whether or not he needs that back in, but the general streamlining felt like it made room for it. Monster Society of Evil is a change, encouraging some slight swarm tactics (Unique Heroes have to attack, but anything can be the engaged ally), which feels Conquerory and keying in on the idea that his main foes (The Captains Marvel) all have some beefy defenses. I did drop the Conqueror Class thing for now as it really didn't add much. Probably necessitates a name change for the first power.
Old August 25th, 2020, 04:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I like his being able to transfer hosts and that seems to accomplish it pretty succinctly.

I worry a bit that The Monster Society of Evil being a generalist power that can boost anybody sort of loses the theme of the power title. Are there any class restrictions that might make sense there?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 25th, 2020, 04:59 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, I like his being able to transfer hosts and that seems to accomplish it pretty succinctly.

I worry a bit that The Monster Society of Evil being a generalist power that can boost anybody sort of loses the theme of the power title. Are there any class restrictions that might make sense there?
Not really. The Society has been incredibly all over the place in terms of membership. Mind is literally the only member in every incarnation (with Sivana being in 4 out of 5). Other than making it only Unique Heroes I don't know if there's a great way to limit it. The team was one of the first ever teams of Supervillains that were villains fought by the heroes before, so "Monster" really doesn't mean much.
Old August 25th, 2020, 05:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I do like this take on the Monster Team power better than the +2 move idea, but I'm also concerned about it working with any Unique Hero at all. Seems like it could be paired up with some figures like Nebula and others that can trigger powers off either dealing or not dealing a wound while attacking.
Old August 25th, 2020, 09:57 PM
Book Wyrm

For a more thorough Monster Society line up:

Spoiler Alert!

So your members of consistency would include Mind, Sivana, and Crocodile Men (of various forms). Lots of two time members, like Dummy, Evil Eye, Jeepers, King Kull, and Mister Atom. Very few have minis, so not something I really want to plan long term for. Ultimately pretty all over the place, and the "Monsters" schtick was only really in the second, very WWII inspired rendition.

For power concerns, I could see either limiting it to once per turn, or just full on preventing additional turns after using it.
Old August 26th, 2020, 09:48 AM
Book Wyrm

Actually it seems like Nebula wouldn't be a terribly great combination with him as is? She takes a turn immediately after wounds failed to be inflicted, so that may actually stop the unblockable? Bit of a weird interaction it seems.
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:38 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

He's just a nasty option against huge heavy hitters like Hulk 2 or Sentry or Superman. Guys who can really wreck their own team. Being an auto choice is pretty nasty, even if it's not a guarantee you get a turn. I'll read this up again closer later on. No sleep last night so maybe I'm missing something.
Old August 26th, 2020, 04:58 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
He's just a nasty option against huge heavy hitters like Hulk 2 or Sentry or Superman. Guys who can really wreck their own team. Being an auto choice is pretty nasty, even if it's not a guarantee you get a turn. I'll read this up again closer later on. No sleep last night so maybe I'm missing something.
Its definitely tough to strike a balance. Because like comparatively, Grodd can control someone from any difference with a slightly higher dice roll (that increases as he's hurt), so he definitely has to have something to stand out.

And I think making Monster Society of Evil a little juicy will help it, especially if we require an opponent's figure first (which I'm highly considering). Then something like Superman is less easy an option because you want to keep the aura, but also don't want a heavy hitter like that running around unfettered.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library