Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old October 12th, 2006, 05:01 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Are there any places to buy HS that are better than others?

Is there any particular store that stocks more product than others? I've noticed that there is a lot of complaint on Wal-Mart and Target concerning their low inventory and rare shipments of HeroScape. I also have noticed the same thing, walking out of the store on several occasions pissed off that they only had one or two HS products, if any.

Also, is there anywhere that sells HeroScape cheaper than anywhere else? I've noticed a price differential of a few dollars here and there, but didn't know if there was perhaps some preferred location/site to buy from.

This info would be useful to me, and I hope that others could learn from more experienced members, as we've all gone through this same problem at one time or another...

I currently have only 1 MS, TT, and RV. I just got my first Master Set less than a week ago, and wonder how I lived my life without it...

Click to see more...
Old October 12th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Texas is a pretty good place to play and purchase. We have not been passed over for anything. But if you have problems just buy online from HouseMouse.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 12th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
sexyears,

Target and Walmart are nice for price, but right NOW Toys R Us has a buy 1 get one half off sale that puts their better selection into the same price range.

~Aldin, who is mostly posting because he had fun interpreting auralerogeny's nick

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:00 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
sexyears
~Aldin, who is mostly posting because he had fun interpreting auralerogeny's nick
LMAO, you are the first person to come even remotely close at guessing what this nickname means. Yes, you did come up with one of several possible interpretations. Not, however, the single interpretation which is the reason I chose this name. But good try, you made me laugh

Click to see more...
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
*Aldin tips his jaunty hat to a jaunty angle and takes a short, sweeping bow*

I try sir

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:13 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think Wal-Mart is far and away the best place to buy Heroscape. They have the best prices and were the first to get Castles. They also have had jus about everything in stock within a reasonable time of it's release except for Waves 4 and 4.5. Plus they had the EOV Master Set as icing.

After Wal-Mart, I think Housemouse and Target are the best locations. But of course you have to go to TRU to get their exclusives, and K-mart is the best place for Wave 4. So I guess what I'm saying is it varies by item after Wal-Mart.
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:54 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just a general trend I've noticed in the three areas I've bought Heroscape (Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin):

Target - Wave 2, Raknar's Vision, Thaelunk Tundra
Wal-Mart - Wave 1, Road to the Forgotten Forest, Orm's Return
Toys R' Us - Volcarren Wastland, totally random beyond here
K-Mart - Wave 4

I've seen Wave 5 well stocked (in bursts) at every location except K-Mart. If you know exactly what you want and don't want to hunt though, HouseMouse is the best way to avoid relying on the flakey distribution schemes of the big stores.
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
House Mouse would be my pick. I won't buy my Heroscape stuff anywhere else (though I trade for almost all of it, so take that with a grain of salt). But the service and dedication at House Mouse is exemplary, they sponsor our events, and they pay all our costs to make the Codex.

But even if you're not buying at House Mouse just to dance with the one that brung you, their service is outstanding, and you can get real emails from real people if you have issues - as opposed to WalMart, where you can get real disinterest from real people.
Old October 13th, 2006, 04:38 AM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
HouseMouse! It may not allways be the cheapest deal but, as imax said, the service and communication is outstanding.
For me, there's also a very personal reason to choose HouseMouse - I love this community and I love the opportunity to buy my HS stuff from one of us - 'nuff said.

Old October 13th, 2006, 09:21 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Definitly HouseMouse!

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer
HouseMouse! It may not allways be the cheapest deal but, as imax said, the service and communication is outstanding.
For me, there's also a very personal reason to choose HouseMouse - I love this community and I love the opportunity to buy my HS stuff from one of us - 'nuff said.

What he said, !

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:27 AM

pashadowops Woo who?
Unless you're a glutton for punishment like me, I would recommend House Mouse. While I, shamefully have not ordered from HMG her communication with the HS community far out weighs the few dollars that might be a bit higher than the stores.

Now if you enjoy the hunt, the stores that I have found in the North East are as follows:

TRU - Has by far the largest selection in the following states PA, CT, NY, & MA.

Target & Walmart - These guys have the best price. The expansions differ in price by pennies. Target I have found does tend to get ahold of some of the older expansions while Walmart does get the castles in more frequently. Walmart also tends to put things on clearance more frequently too. For example RTTFF for $11, you can't beat that.

K-Mart - While they are now carrying HS, they're selection is limited to Master Sets and maybe if your lucky wave 5. Again they're just getting into it.

I realize you're further south and this may not help you however, as stated perhaps others could benefit from this info.

Oh BTW......I STILL HAVE NO SNOW...HERE!!!!!

Where does the time go? I got a lot of catching up to do! How many more expansions and a new master set...Jeez!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales