Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old March 7th, 2008, 09:39 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Would MarvelScape do better if....?

I was just wondering if people think Marvel would do better if they did it with a Regular HS storyline, like the Marvel characters were summoned to valhalla, and they each followed generals, like in Classic HS, or at least do it both ways--mixed with classic HS, and then maybe on the other side of the card, instead of basic, they put regular MarvelScape (like they do now. maybe they'd change stats a little?). Just wondering what people thought.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:02 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
good idea
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:09 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
I do think it would be cool to have Marvel inserted into the overall story of HS, but I think the basic game must stay as is on the back. As always, I am opposed to changing any stats for any reason other than errata.
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:14 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids
I do think it would be cool to have Marvel inserted into the overall story of HS, but I think the basic game must stay as is on the back. As always, I am opposed to changing any stats for any reason other than errata.
Well, then maybe they could print two versions of it...one for people like me who you'd have to pay to EVER play basic game(meaning I have not played it), and have no care about it in the least, and a version for people like you who are picky in the way that you are and will not change stats for any reason.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"

Old March 7th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't think Marvel really needs anything to help it beyond the quality of its figures. Classic hero packs are loaded with slow, weak melee C-listers. Marvel's emphasis on range, speed, and killing power makes it a great place to go for build-around heroes. It doesn't need valkyrie generals or a Valhalla storyline to make it good for mixing into classic games. It's good already.
Old March 8th, 2008, 01:01 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I don't think Marvel really needs anything to help it beyond the quality of its figures. Classic hero packs are loaded with slow, weak melee C-listers. Marvel's emphasis on range, speed, and killing power makes it a great place to go for build-around heroes. It doesn't need valkyrie generals or a Valhalla storyline to make it good for mixing into classic games. It's good already.
I agree. I think Marvelscape is pretty solid as is, and there's little reason for the storylines to blend. The pieces are already compatible and the storyline is just filler anyway.
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It'd have to be a pretty wierd story. I prefer things just as they are. We already have plenty of Marvel stories available to us.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 8th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I say keep them separate, but the idea of Thanos being whisked away to Valhalla right before he dies is a little funny.
Old March 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You guys who want to keep them separate must experience/enjoy the game a lot differently than I do. Man, I can't even imagine going back to classic without Marvel. Having all those extra ranged and multi-attacking heroes to build around opens up so many more armies and keeps Q9, Nilfheim, and Braxas from appearing every other game. Venom in particular is a great one to throw into a mixed army.
Old March 9th, 2008, 12:43 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
You guys who want to keep them separate must experience/enjoy the game a lot differently than I do. Man, I can't even imagine going back to classic without Marvel. Having all those extra ranged and multi-attacking heroes to build around opens up so many more armies and keeps Q9, Nilfheim, and Braxas from appearing every other game. Venom in particular is a great one to throw into a mixed army.
I'm talking about keeping the BACKSTORIES separate, not the game pieces. Yeah, I mixed the Marvels in with the Classic figures and have never looked back. I just don't think there needs to be a backstory that has the Marvel characters arriving in Valhalla or anything like that. Let them have their own story, weak as it is.
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:52 PM

I don't know, I think WotC should at least give them official generals that they follow, even if it's not printed on the card, just so they could be affected by the flagbearers, and other general-specific abilities. But I suppose it doesn't really matter that much, I'd just prefer it.

Old March 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've said before that I wish they had written the Marvel crossover into the game. The best comparison is the Star Wars / Transformers toys, which have character bios that talk about Darth Vader's amazing ability to transform his TIE fighter into a mecha. Sure, it makes no sense, but that's what toys are for.

You could have some craziness with one of the Valkyrie Generals opening up a rift, or Galactus or The Living Tribunal or some other cosmic entity sending people to Valhalla... however you want to play it. Either way, I always like a good backstory: the weirder, the better.

Also, Deadpool should be aware that he's been sucked into a board game.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion