Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 10th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
TOMB- Alternative/Advanced Rules. 01/04.

UPDATE
To those of you who had recieved playtest versions of this game, thank you for your interest. I've gotten feedback from some of you, some of you, I haven't. Not a big deal at all! I know it was a lot of pieces to get rpinted and have to cut out. Plus, I know some of you enjoyed it the way it was, but I've worked up a new rule set that I think will work much better, as well as adding in a little more backstabbing, more of a "hurry" factor, and a lot more strategy. Here is the new rule set:

TOMB

Alternative/Advanced Rules.

Use the same existing rules, putting the following into effect, circumventing the older rules.

NEW-TURN SEQUENCE:
Players receive 4 actions per turn. A player may use these actions to do any of the following actions, each costing 1 action:
• Move 1 space.
• Draw and place a new TOMB tile adjacent to the space he is currently on.
• Explore a SCARAB space.
• Play Treasure Cards if on the Entrance Tile (this only requires 1 action, and a player may play as many Treasure Cards he has using that single action)

These actions may be taken in any order. Additionally, players may not move more than 3 spaces in a single turn. This may lead to a wasted action.

A player’s turn ends once he has used all of his actions or has moved 3 spaces.

NEW-EXPLORING SCARAB SPACESPlayers now have a “hand” for TOMB cards. For the most part, cards are no longer played as soon as they are drawn a player. Hand size limit is 5 cards. If you have 5 cards in your hand, you must discard a card from your hand before exploring.

A player may explore ANY Scarab space as long as it does not have HIS OR HER SCARAB marker on it. When you explore a Scarab Space, you draw a single card from the TOMB deck, and place your SCARAB marker on that space. The following occurs after drawing from the TOMB deck:

• If it is a Treasure Card, place it in your hand. Treasure Cards may only be played while on the player is on ENTRANCE TILE. Playing a Treasure Card requires 1 action, but a player may play as many Treasure Cards as he or she has in hand using that single action. Once a Treasure Card has been played, they cannot be discarded.

• If it is a Non-Treasure Card, you may either play it, or place it in your hand.

NEW
If a player explores a TOMB space that has another player’s Scarab Marker on it, the player whose Scarab Marker is on that SCARAB Space may play a non-Treasure Card from his or her hand. The played card is treated as though the exploring player has drawn it, and he MUST play it. This action takes the place of drawing a card from the TOMB deck.

WINNING THE GAME
The first player to play 6 Treasure Cards wins.

If it, at any time, neither player may explore any Scarab Spaces, or no new TOMB TILES can be played, the player with the most played Treasure Cards wins.

ADDITIONAL RULES
Treat all Enchanted and Cursed Treasure Cards as Normal Treasure. I am working on putting together a new card sheet with extra Diamond, Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire Treasure Cards to replace the Enchanted or Cursed Treasure.

If a card requires a player to discard a treasure card, that card is discarded from the player’s hand, not from his treasure that has been played.

To those playtesting:
There is an issue that has come up. If you are playing, and run out of places to play TOMB tiles, you may use the rules for "Digging Out"

Also, each player may explore a Scarab space, as long as THAT player's marker isn't on it. (Example: Debbie is Yellow and Dan is Red. Debbie explores a scarab space and places a yellow player marker on that space. Dan can still explore that space.)

You can only play TOMB tiles at the very beginning of your turn, before moving,
AND if you are on a space that you could play a tomb tile off of. Playing TOMB tiles IS optional (although I don't know why someone wouldn't play one)

IMPORTANT!!! If I sent you a pm about the game, and the "Here" wasn't a hotlink, please let me know and I'll send you the url to download the game. Sorry for the confusion!

Tomb is a new build and explore boardgame designed by myself with additional input from Malechi, graphic design by Malechi, and additional artwork by H_E_H.

If you recieved the original Tomb game file several months ago, a lot has changed.

We need some play testers.

The only thing you will need to play this game will be a printer and some cardstock, a six sided dice, and a few minutes to cut everything out.

Let me know you're interested, and I'll pm you the information.

Thanks in advance.

smallboxgames.com
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'd be interested.
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I'm interested (I missread the last line and sent you a pm, srry)

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm in.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 10th, 2006, 12:09 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I am interested.
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Sounds interesting...sign me up.
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn

If you recieved the original Tomb game file several months ago, a lot has changed.

We need some play testers.

The only thing you will need to play this game will be a printer and some cardstock, a six sided dice, and a few minutes to cut everything out.

Let me know you're interested, and I'll pm you the information.

Thanks in advance.
I did receive the original Tomb! I was excited as heck, but then I opened the zipped file. Ugh. I couldn't read it for the graphics quality! I'm glad JJ took no offense and let me hook him up with Mal. The new game pieces look freaking amazing. On our Heroscape Holiday I received a hard copy of the game from Mal. I'm in the process of cutting everything out and waiting for the additional rules from Mal.
My son was very excited when I brought the game home. I have an instant playtester when the game is ready to go.

Playtesters, you are in for a treat.
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Playtesters, you are in for a treat.
Well shucks! Now I really wanna try this bad boy out! Just what I needed another distraction from doing my chores. :P
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:34 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Playtesting would be the fun times. Sign me up.

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old November 10th, 2006, 01:12 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
i want to playtest too! Uuhhhhhhhhhh...playtasting....aaaahhhhh.....(slobber)

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 10th, 2006, 02:10 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
If you are still looking for another pair of eyes, I would be more than willing to help you out.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old November 10th, 2006, 02:32 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
jj, I'm still interested if you'd have me. My life has settled down sufficiently now.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games