Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 28th, 2011, 03:28 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Power Rankings by waves

In the process of updating

Power rankings by waves

Spoiler Alert!

Average wave cost

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by infectedsloth; September 10th, 2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Updating...
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker
Re: Power Rankings by waves

I just sorted infectedsloth's data and displayed them in tabular form so it's easier to see. And went on ahead to correct some of the rankings.
Code:
Ranking by Wave Heroes:   |   Ranking by Wave Squads:   |   Ranking by Wave (Heroes & Squads):
Rank  Wave        Score   |   Rank  Wave        Score   |   Rank  Wave        Score      
----  ----------  -----   |   ----  ----------  -----   |   ----  ----------  -----      
   1  Wave 10     12.50   |      1  Wave 11     13.00   |      1  Wave 2      11.60      
   2  Wave 5      11.30   |      2  Wave 2      12.40   |      2  Wave 9      11.50      
   3  C3V Wave 1  11.20   |      3  Wave 12     12.00   |      3  Wave 5      11.30      
   4  Wave 7      11.10   |      4  Wave 9      11.80   |      4  C3V Wave 1  11.20      
   5  Wave 9      11.00   |      5  Wave 13     11.75   |      5  Wave 12     11.00*     
   6  Wave 1      10.80*  |      6  Wave 4      11.60   |         Wave 13     11.00*     
      Wave 2      10.80*  |      7  Wave 5      11.30   |      6  Wave 11     10.80      
   7  Wave 12     10.70   |      8  C3V Wave 1  11.00   |      7  Wave 1      10.60*     
   8  Wave 13     10.60   |      9  Wave 3      10.60   |         Wave 10     10.60*     
   9  Wave 11     10.50   |     10  Wave 1      10.50   |      8  Wave 7      10.20      
  10  Wave 6       9.60   |     11  Wave 6       9.80   |      9  Wave 6       9.70      
  11  Wave 8       9.40   |     12  Wave 8       9.70   |     10  Wave 3       9.50*      
  12  Wave 3       8.80   |     13  Wave 10      9.30   |         Wave 8       9.50*      
  13  Wave 4       8.00   |     14  Wave 7       8.50   |     11  Wave 4       9.40      

* - denotes tie in ranking.

Ranking by Master Set:
Heroes              |   Squads              |   Heroes                                
Rank  MS    Score   |   Rank  MS    Score   |   Rank  MS    Score
----  ----  -----   |   ----  ----  -----   |   ----  ----  -----
   1  RotV  11.00   |      1  SotM  10.70   |      1  SotM  10.70
   2  SotM  10.70   |      2  RotV  10.10   |      2  RotV  10.60
   3  BftU  10.30   |      3  BftU   9.00   |      3  BftU  10.10

Ranking by Large Heroes Expansion:
Rank  MS    Score
----  ----  -----
   1  RV    12.40
   2  AA    10.60
   3  OR     9.00

Flag Bearers: 9.40
Terrain Expansion Figures:
  Heroes:  8.00
  Squads:  7.00
  Overall: 7.25
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for cleaning up the data, I had been planning on doing it eventually, but you did a lot better than I could have.

I'm curious what source you used to correct my data, as there is inconsistencies in the different rankings. For example Grimnak is an A- under Spider Poison's alphabetical list but an A in the list by letter grades. There is also inconsistencies between the books and Spider Poison's rankings, Sentinels of Jandar are A- is the alphabetical list and B- in their book. I used the alphabetical list, although I'm not sure if it is the most up to date, I would like to have just one source. Once again thanks for the help.
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:01 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Your welcome. I just reformat your data (specifically the Wave Average Scores) and dump them into excel and sort it there. Any ranking correction I did was based on your data and not on Spider Poison's individual rankings. Example, you had Wave 13 with a score of 11 rank as 4, when C3V Wave scored 11.2 and rank as 4 also.

I'm pretty using Spider Poison's list is the right source to use, as the Books were just updated based on the list and are prone to typos.
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

I love the idea of all this. It can really help people when looking at what to buy. Wave 11 is #1 with squads... Greenscales and Phantom Knights ftw

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old March 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Thanks for cleaning up the data, I had been planning on doing it eventually, but you did a lot better than I could have.

I'm curious what source you used to correct my data, as there is inconsistencies in the different rankings. For example Grimnak is an A- under Spider Poison's alphabetical list but an A in the list by letter grades. There is also inconsistencies between the books and Spider Poison's rankings, Sentinels of Jandar are A- is the alphabetical list and B- in their book. I used the alphabetical list, although I'm not sure if it is the most up to date, I would like to have just one source. Once again thanks for the help.
Avoid using the rankings at the bottom that are alphabetical. Those are updated less frequently and I'm far more likely to forget to correct those. Because each of them contains a link to the respective books, I tend to dislike editing that and find it much more cumbersome. Whenever I restructure the rankings, I use the top list by grade, and try to write down whichever ones I change to go to the bottom alphabetical list afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 11th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Ignore this post
Old March 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post

Avoid using the rankings at the bottom that are alphabetical. Those are updated less frequently and I'm far more likely to forget to correct those. Because each of them contains a link to the respective books, I tend to dislike editing that and find it much more cumbersome. Whenever I restructure the rankings, I use the top list by grade, and try to write down whichever ones I change to go to the bottom alphabetical list afterward.
Thanks for clearing that up. I exclusively used the alphabetical list, so I'll have to do major updates to this...eventually.
Old March 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

In most cases it's only a difference of 1/3 of a grade. I did change a few that I noticed were wrong, like how you have the Heavy Gruts as A- and Braxas as A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion