Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 16th, 2015, 07:33 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Robots and a Traitor with Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Warriors of Ashra x6 - 300/18
Cyprien - 450/19
Sonya - 495/19
Gladiatrons x1 - 80
Blastatrons x 4 - 240 (320)/20
Raelin - 80 (400)/21
Syvarris - 100 (500)/22

Form a tight circle around the heroes, use glads to lock down the vampires, and both glads and blasts to boost the blastatron attacks. Some OMs on Syvarris as needed.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.

Last edited by fomox; December 16th, 2015 at 07:35 PM. Reason: I've been on here since 2007 and just now realized you can change the titles of post replies...
Old December 16th, 2015, 07:40 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ebul

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post

Gladiatrons x1 - 80
Blastatrons x 4 - 240 (320)/20
Raelin - 80 (400)/21
Syvarris - 100 (500)/22

Form a tight circle around the heroes, use glads to lock down the vampires, and both glads and blasts to boost the blastatron attacks. Some OMs on Syvarris as needed.
Repulsors x 7 - 280/21
Krav - 380/24
Runa - 120/25

Drop a Repulsor (or Runa if you want. ^_^). Repulsors can handle the Glad/Blast combo. Krav can handle Syv and Raelin and any stragglers. Runa is there because she's the worst 120 point hero but hey maybe she kills something.

~Dysole, hilariously
Old December 16th, 2015, 09:50 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Harry and the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Repulsors x 7 - 280/21
Krav - 380/24
Runa - 120/25

Drop a Repulsor (or Runa if you want. ^_^). Repulsors can handle the Glad/Blast combo. Krav can handle Syv and Raelin and any stragglers. Runa is there because she's the worst 120 point hero but hey maybe she kills something.

~Dysole, hilariously
Quasatch Hunters x5

The Krav might hold the Hendersons off by themselves, but it's worth a shot...

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old December 16th, 2015, 09:55 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Harry and the

Quote:

Quasatch Hunters x5
Charos - 210/2
Raelin - 290/3
Thorgrimm - 370/4
Rats x3 - 490/16
Isamu - 500/17

Create a choke point with Rats, who will filter the Hunters into the mighty behemoth, Charos! (Nigh unkillable with all these stat boosts.)

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 20th, 2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Charos - 210/2
Raelin - 290/3
Thorgrimm - 370/4
Rats x3 - 490/16
Isamu - 500/17
Taelord - 180
Omnicron Snipers x2 - 380
Rats x3

Pod up and snipe away.

Old December 20th, 2015, 04:20 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Taelord - 180
Rats x3
Tor-Kul-Na 220/2
Su-Bak-Na 380/4
Marrden Nagrubs x4 500/16

Tor-Kul-Na goes on a Trample Stomping hayday, with Nagrubs to heal. Su-Bak-Na mostly boosts Tor-Kul-Na, but can swoop in to assassinate Taelord.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 11th, 2016, 05:46 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Taelord - 180
Rats x3
Tor-Kul-Na 220/2
Su-Bak-Na 380/4

Tor-Kul-Na goes on a Trample Stomping hayday, with Nagrubs to heal. Su-Bak-Na mostly boosts Tor-Kul-Na, but can swoop in to assassinate Taelord.
My vote's on the rat-screened snipers in this one; there's just not enough fire-power coming from the marro army to cancel out unlucky rolls for Trample Stomp.

To counter the marro army:

Major Q10 150
Major X17 250
Marrden Hounds x2 430
Swog Rider x2 480
Isamu 490
Otonashi 500/15

The ninja are my only stompable units, and they both can swim through the nagrubs to get to SBN if needed. Swog Riders serve a similar role but are stomp-proof. Otonashi might even get to use Attack the Wild. The hounds can get some free hits on TKN or wade into the nagrubs and get their plague on. X17 is there because he's immune to my own Plague, because he's a decent tank against TKN, and because I like him and don't get to use him often. Q10 is all-around capable, whether I need him to take out a bunch of fodder or blast on a hivelord.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old January 15th, 2016, 11:07 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Taelord - 180
Rats x3
Tor-Kul-Na 220/2
Su-Bak-Na 380/4

My vote's on the rat-screened snipers in this one; there's just not enough fire-power coming from the marro army to cancel out unlucky rolls for Trample Stomp.

To counter the marro army:

Major Q10 150
Major X17 250
Marrden Hounds x2 430
Swog Rider x2 480
Isamu 490
Otonashi 500/15

The ninja are my only stompable units, and they both can swim through the nagrubs to get to SBN if needed. Swog Riders serve a similar role but are stomp-proof. Otonashi might even get to use Attack the Wild. The hounds can get some free hits on TKN or wade into the nagrubs and get their plague on. X17 is there because he's immune to my own Plague, because he's a decent tank against TKN, and because I like him and don't get to use him often. Q10 is all-around capable, whether I need him to take out a bunch of fodder or blast on a hivelord.
Havech Eradicators x5-450
Marros Warriors-50

There will be a lot of dead marro on my side, but I think sustained attacks of 4-5 can take down everyone. The marro warriors should shine as long as they're healthy when Q10 goes down.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old February 4th, 2016, 04:59 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post

Marros Warriors-50

There will be a lot of dead marro on my side, but I think sustained attacks of 4-5 can take down everyone. The marro warriors should shine as long as they're healthy when Q10 goes down.
Drones x7 350
Cyprien 500

As long as the dice are with me, my attacks per turn should come out on top. It could easily backfire though... It'd be fun either way
Old February 4th, 2016, 08:53 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Quote:

Marros Warriors-50

Drones x7 350
Cyprien 500

As long as the dice are with me, my attacks per turn should come out on top. It could easily backfire though... It'd be fun either way
Hmm.. I'll go with this:
Raelin-80
DW8K-130
Tagawa-120
Izumi-60
Nessing-105
495 points/9 spaces

Surround Raelin with the counter-striking samurai and attack with DW8K primarily. Nessing is for the vampire, and the Tag should have a good amount of bloodlust built up by the end of the game. The goal is to never have Raelin attacked, especially by Cyprien. This could also easily backfire.. but it would be fun to try.

Old February 4th, 2016, 11:36 PM

Dargons!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Marros Warriors-50

Drones x7 350
Cyprien 500

Hmm.. I'll go with this:
Raelin-80
DW8K-130
Tagawa-120
Izumi-60
Nessing-105
495 points/9 spaces

Surround Raelin with the counter-striking samurai and attack with DW8K primarily. Nessing is for the vampire, and the Tag should have a good amount of bloodlust built up by the end of the game. The goal is to never have Raelin attacked, especially by Cyprien. This could also easily backfire.. but it would be fun to try.
Braxas - 210/2
Deadeye Dan - 270/3
Sentinels of Jandar x2 - 490/9
Isamu - 500/10
Total - 500 points, 10 spaces

Braxas is going to melt Samurai into plastic, with the Sentinels as a meat shield. They can absorb most of your ranged attacks and defend against the Samurai if they go on the offensive. Dan is a backup for the Samurai, if Braxas falls. Isamu because why not? He could also kill Raelin if the need arises. About everything in your army dies to Braxas (Save DW8K), so the key is to protect her with Sentinels. Might have an issue with the ranged units, but Sentinel's flying could (albeit temporarily with Van) tie them down.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old February 5th, 2016, 12:03 AM

Re: Dargons!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Marros Warriors-50

Drones x7 350
Cyprien 500

Hmm.. I'll go with this:
Raelin-80
DW8K-130
Tagawa-120
Izumi-60
Nessing-105
495 points/9 spaces

Braxas - 210/2
Deadeye Dan - 270/3
Sentinels of Jandar x2 - 490/9
Isamu - 500/10
Total - 500 points, 10 spaces

Braxas is going to melt Samurai into plastic, with the Sentinels as a meat shield. They can absorb most of your ranged attacks and defend against the Samurai if they go on the offensive. Dan is a backup for the Samurai, if Braxas falls. Isamu because why not? He could also kill Raelin if the need arises. About everything in your army dies to Braxas (Save DW8K), so the key is to protect her with Sentinels. Might have an issue with the ranged units, but Sentinel's flying could (albeit temporarily with Van) tie them down.
Marrden Hounds x4-360
MotH-140

Marrdens have a good time against everyone with plague and being large. MotH is for Braxas if all the hounds die off.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion