Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Bunjee,

I found these 5 Army Cards (added Finn and Thorgrim) to have abilities that may affect teammates and/or opponent figures due to the lack of the terms “You Control” and/or “Friendly”:

Deathwalker 9000
RANGE ENHANCEMENT
Any Soulborg Guards adjacent to Deathwalker add 2 spaces to their range.

Finn the Viking Champion
WARRIOR'S ATTACK
When Finn is destroyed, place this figure on any unique Army Card. Finn's Spirit adds 1 to the normal attack number on that card.

Thorgrim the Viking Champion
WARRIOR'S ARMOR
When Thorgrim is destroyed, place this figure on any unique Army Card. Thorgrim's Spirit adds 1 to the defense number on that card.

Roman Legionnaires
SHIELD WALL
When defending with a Roman Legionnaire, add 1 defense die for each other adjacent Roman Legionnaire up to a maximum of +2 dice, for the Shield Wall power.

Parmenio
SACRED BAND DEFY DEATH 15
When an adjacent Sacred Band figure receives one or more wounds, roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds.

Sorry, don’t have enough time to write out the full email at this time, perhaps this afternoon.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
still no answer from Hasbro on the Nilfheim question.

i like the effort going on to get clarification for SPs that involve other figs on wether it is for friendly figures or figures you control.

i just played a game with team vs. team (2 player per team). my team was mosly Orcs and it was nice that the SPs for all those cards clarify this, rather than having to make assumptions.
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:42 PM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
still no answer from Hasbro on the Nilfheim question.

i like the effort going on to get clarification for SPs that involve other figs on wether it is for friendly figures or figures you control.

i just played a game with team vs. team (2 player per team). my team was mosly Orcs and it was nice that the SPs for all those cards clarify this, rather than having to make assumptions.
Yeah, that's always been a question for me too. I'd like to know how they rule that.
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:49 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Parmenio
When an adjacent Sacred Band figure receives one or more wounds, roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds.
Also, would the player controlling Parmenio have the option not to roll the death defy when it is an opponents sacred bander in question?

(Thus making the question "moot," as Netherspirit says.)
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Parmenio
Also, would the player controlling Parmenio have the option not to roll the death defy when it is an opponents sacred bander in question?

(Thus making the question "moot," as Netherspirit says.)
moot.

An official answer to both questions would be great
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:29 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I am going to resubmit my Parmenio question again today, it has been three weeks since Chris wrote me back.
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:53 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
I am going to resubmit my Parmenio question again today, it has been two weeks since Chris wrote me back.
Uh...I know you are free to do so, but do you understand that Malechi is planning to submit that question along with a few related ones this afternoon?

Look at his last post.
I think he'll get the job done
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:02 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Ok, no prob. I submitted it before I realized, they have been ignoring the question from me anyways so I will let Malechi give it a shot.

Edit: I deleted the question to Hasbro
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:07 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Malechi, I'm trying to find the discussion about Thorgrim and Finn's spirit specials. As I recall the ruling on those was "you could, by why would you want to (place the unit on an opponent's army card)?"

If I can find it, I'll get it here with the references. Unfortunately I bet it is part of the missing posts from hshq.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:13 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee
Malechi, I'm trying to find the discussion about Thorgrim and Finn's spirit specials. As I recall the ruling on those was "you could, by why would you want to (place the unit on an opponent's army card)?"
Because (if they rule in favor) then you could put the spirits on a Teammate's card.

Same for Parmenio's -- even if they rule that the d20 roll is an optional roll, they may rule that you could do the death defy roll on a teammate's sacred bander.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:55 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Here's the call/response for the question about Nilfheim's wings getting between figures:

Quote:
Originally Posted by (original query) toddrew

Customer (Todd Rewoldt) 05/26/2006 12:16 PM
Can Nilfheim's wings prevent figures from being engaged? Example is better with a picture, but if shotgun johnny is on one side of a wing and a squad member of the sacred band is on the other side, but on a hex adjacent to johnny, are they considered engaged, per the HS rules? or does the wing act as a barrier (I know that it definitely does for determining 'line of sight', but does it prevent the figures from being engaged (I ask for the second time ))

Thanks,
Todd
Quote:
Originally Posted by (1st response) Chris

Response (Chris) 05/30/2006 10:48 AM
Hi Todd,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! That is an excellent question!

We are sharing your question with those internal parties who are more familiar with this piece of our business. We will respond to you, as soon as we receive the information from them.

We thank you, in advance, for your patience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by (follow-up) toddrew

Customer (Todd Rewoldt) 06/12/2006 01:30 AM
Any resolution or anticipated resolution to this question? If more patience is required, no problem, just checking to see if this had gotten a response yet.

Thanks,
Todd
Quote:
Originally Posted by (follow-up response) Chris

Subject
Nilfheim's wings

Discussion Thread
Response (Chris) 06/13/2006 08:42 AM
Hi Todd,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro again.

Unfortunately, I have not received an official answer to this question yet. As soon as I do, I will respond.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail.
Here's the link to the relevant thread

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:00 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
And here's the official discourse for "can a figure fly and walk during the same movement:

Subject
walking and flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by (query) toddrew

Customer (Todd Rewoldt) 06/01/2006 04:13 PM
Are figures with the flying ability able to interchange between flying and walking during the same turn, or must a decision be made to do one or the other? Only time this really matters that I can come up with is when a flying figure leaves the wind glyph - after stepping off is the figure able to resume flying?

Thanks,
Todd
Quote:
Originally Posted by (response) Chris

Response (Chris) 06/07/2006 12:31 PM
Hi Todd,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

We are sorry to advise that the information you have requested is not readily available.

We are sharing your question with those internal parties who are more familiar with this piece of our business. We will respond to you, as soon as we receive the information from them.

We thank you, in advance, for your patience.

Here's the link to the relevant thread

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's