Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old May 9th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
LandSCAPE and SolidSCAPE

Although LandScape and SolidScape were the original map building and 3D rendering software for HeroScape map creators, VitrualScape is the best way to build and share.

You can find out about VirtualScape here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1586

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LandSCAPE and SolidScape are the best way to share your map designs.
Pictures will show off your glory, but LandSCAPE and SolidSCAPE will document the building instructions, so others can build your map too!

Here is a sample:

You can find LandSCAPE at:

http://logrey.home.mchsi.com/

and

SolidSCAPE at:

http://parduzrpg.altervista.org/Hero...olidscape.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LandSCAPE PDF

When you want to turn your LandSCAPE creation into a PDF that you can upload, you will need a PDF converter.

There are many.

I use CutePDF.

You can download it here:

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

NOTE: you will need to download both the "Free Download" (actual writer)
&
the "Free Converter"

- I have never experienced any problems or spyware from downloading and using this program.

Once it is downloaded, use the print option in Landscape. When it prompts you for a printer, select CutePDF.

It will then save your map instructions to your hard drive as a PDF.

------------------------------------------------------------

Viewing with SolidSCAPE

There are a few steps to getting a beautiful SolidSCAPE picture.

The first is you must tell your computer to let you view hidden files.

In your Control Panels, Select Folder Options, View Tab and select View hidden files and folders. Apply.

Then you will need to know where your "sol" files are. These are the files that contain all the information needed by LandSCAPE and SolidSCAPE for them to create images and store data.

They can be found in your Documents and Settings folder. Where you USERID is what every your login/name is on your computer. The files can only be viewed after they they are unhidden.

C:\Documents and Settings\USERID\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\QPZKQWQY\localhost

*The highlighted folders show the path.

This is where you will need to go when you want to load a map to view in SolidSCAPE.

ALSO, this is where you can find the .sol file to share the FULL map experience with another player. They can view and edit your map in LandSCAPE and SolidSCAPE with the .sol!!!

-------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
Also, it will let others mod your map or explore the "how you did it" aspect.
Maybe i've missed something. There's a way to open a .sol file not saved by yourself with LandScape? I've not found that way....it will be useful.
Yes, it is a bit to explain though... Someone back at HQ wrote a post about it. When I get the opportunity I will write something on it, but basicially...

- You make (and save) a fake map with the same name as the one you want to import into LandSCAPE.

- You copy the .sol file you want to import and post it in the folder where the fake .sol map is (overwrite).

- Next time you open LS and open that map, it will have the imported one (not the fake one).

Recent Games Played:

Last edited by Oogie_Da_Bruce; August 21st, 2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old June 25th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
i've also been using CutePDF (freeware) to print maps to PDF files. but i just found one i like more - PDF reDirect (freeware). i found it while looking for something free that could merge multiple PDFs into one PDF.

http://www.exp-systems.com/PDFreDire...eenshots.htm?1
Old June 25th, 2006, 07:58 AM

cavie Woo who?
This is a good post for all the mappers to see Oogie, thanks. Is SolidScape ever going to be Mac friendly? I'd love to use it but until then I have to bug someone like you to covert for me.
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:12 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Cavie,
SolidScape is made in VisualBasic, and use DirectX:
as you see, it is a striclty Win program.
I simply don't know any other OS, and also don't know how to make programs for other OS, sorry.

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old June 25th, 2006, 10:17 AM

cavie Woo who?
Bummer - I really appreciate the programming you have done for us though. I'll just have to bug Oogie to convert for me.
Old June 25th, 2006, 10:55 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Thanks for the information on the programs! Is SolidSCAPE stable now? I had opted not to download it when it first came out just to be safe.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old June 25th, 2006, 10:59 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Rhydderch, if you thinking at crashing windows, i don't know anyone that says me it happens.
The only "bug" i know is that for some ppl the last version does not draw the map, while older version do it.
It seems to be a problem of DirectX DLL versions (even if i choose to use DX8 to avoid forcing ppl to upgrade it). If you have the last DX, i think you will have no problem. Anyway, as it does no install anything, you can even give it a try without fear of modding something in the pc.

Old June 30th, 2006, 06:58 PM

earendil504 knows what's in an order marker earendil504 knows what's in an order marker
OOgie you are a lifesaver!

I could not get my landscape maps to open in solidscape but your post walked me right through it.

Thanx
Old July 6th, 2006, 03:17 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
SolidScape is amazing. I have yet to try this out but I look forward to it. Do you know if landscape or solidscape have been modified to include snow?
Old July 6th, 2006, 03:46 PM

SolidScape is tied to LandScape: until Logrey releases the new LandScape, SolidScape can't know that there's snow and glaciers around

Old July 6th, 2006, 06:13 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Don't they both have to be updated?
Old July 7th, 2006, 12:45 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
yes, first the editor and then the viewer.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We don´t cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software