Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 19th, 2020, 10:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Cosmic Terrain Brainstorming Thread

I guess I don't understand what the purpose of the mat thread is then. I thought that was your first proposed map using the mat, just a patch of empty space with different space objects passing through it. Is it just an advertisement for where to buy them?

Another map might have a space ship or space station on it, but we should certainly have an empty space map. Most of space is empty after all.
Old February 20th, 2020, 02:04 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I guess I don't understand what the purpose of the mat thread is then. I thought that was your first proposed map using the mat, just a patch of empty space with different space objects passing through it. Is it just an advertisement for where to buy them?

Another map might have a space ship or space station on it, but we should certainly have an empty space map. Most of space is empty after all.
The reason of the thread is to provide a collection of the data & information pertaining to it so that it can be used as a basis/reference for building maps that can use it. As I stated in a post further in the thread I plan on making a thread for Cav's City Block mats.

In order to further the development of these rules we needed a product 7 we needed a way to visualise it for map making. VS isn't the easiest of apps to add things to so I have created it in the most simplest way i could & put instructions & links to the files in the one spot for all (that want to) to use.

I suppose you could see it as an advertisement also but I am not selling them myself per se & not making any money from it. I will order them for you to ensure you get the same product that is being tested. The second image in the thread is the actual file used to order the product so feel free to download it & source your own product. Hell if you want, you can print it out yourself in poster mode & stick it to some foamcore.
Old February 20th, 2020, 06:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you're going to put comets and asteroids on it regardless, then it's not really an empty space map at that point. Not sure a battlefield really needs to be wide open and empty like that, though. I mean, I have city mats and water mats, but I always put things on those too (even though there are certainly large stretches of water with nothing on them).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 20th, 2020, 10:54 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Fun! Agree that the Gravity pull shoul dbe more of a scenario rule than a terrain rule for all maps.

Also you should make a related equipment glyph of gas mask/rocket pack (ala Star-Lord's helmet/armor) that ignores both movement and wound rules and that either everyone starts out with or is fought for in scenarios, but can be stolen/dropped/handed-off as per normal equipment glyph rules.

Range/sighting is probably the most difficult rule to work out. I think even though move can be restricted in Cosmic Space, maybe range should be increased to compensate as arrows and bullets go infinite distance in space. Maybe rules are to double your normal range if more than 1. Melee units will be hampered with this however.

Anyway looking forward to this. I would also say that maybe the MtG:AotP Innistrad mats can be an alternative to printed mats as they are easier to obtain for a lot of people. Black and Wierded spaces can be Cosmic Spaces, Water is Asteroid spaces
[/QUOTE]
Old February 20th, 2020, 03:43 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I mean, I'm definitely planning a spacesuit Utility Glyph down the line.

Not sure I'd mess with a rule for range or sighting. I think sighting is naturally going to be easier as you're less likely to have LOS blockers on a cosmic map.

I don't want to increase range any, though, as melee ground pounders are already going to be in trouble against ranged fliers with the rules for movement.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 20th, 2020, 06:28 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Fun! Agree that the Gravity pull shoul dbe more of a scenario rule than a terrain rule for all maps.

Also you should make a related equipment glyph of gas mask/rocket pack (ala Star-Lord's helmet/armor) that ignores both movement and wound rules and that either everyone starts out with or is fought for in scenarios, but can be stolen/dropped/handed-off as per normal equipment glyph rules.
Cool ideas. Maybe we need a separate thread to keep the extra ideas that aren't about establishing these rules.

Quote:
Range/sighting is probably the most difficult rule to work out. I think even though move can be restricted in Cosmic Space, maybe range should be increased to compensate as arrows and bullets go infinite distance in space. Maybe rules are to double your normal range if more than 1. Melee units will be hampered with this however.
It is an interesting idea but I agree with @IAmBatman that we shouldn't mess with those rules as ground-pounders already have a tough enough time. Also we should try to keep these rules as light as possible not to take away from HS or complicate it too much.

Quote:
Anyway looking forward to this. I would also say that maybe the MtG:AotP Innistrad mats can be an alternative to printed mats as they are easier to obtain for a lot of people. Black and Wierded spaces can be Cosmic Spaces, Water is Asteroid spaces
I have no problem with this if there is enough interest in going down this path. I can certainly make up some VS files for it.
Old February 21st, 2020, 12:28 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@A3n - Thanks for the comments. Virtualscape for Mtg:AotP mats would be Awesome! Useful for the AotV project as well.
Old April 5th, 2020, 07:51 PM

Where we at here?

(lefton4ya - i did start the Mtg:AotP mats for VS, I didn't complete them & have actually forgot to back to them since - sorry, will try to remember next free time i have.)
Old April 5th, 2020, 08:31 PM

I think we were more or less happy with what we had for rules, but needed someone to build a map in VS and run it in the map department so we could have something to run through an official process.

It's the final thing on my 2020 To Do list if nobody beats me to making a map, but making maps isn't really my strong suit ....

Old April 7th, 2020, 11:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Where we at here?

(lefton4ya - i did start the Mtg:AotP mats for VS, I didn't complete them & have actually forgot to back to them since - sorry, will try to remember next free time i have.)
I'm pretty sure I've got full scans of all the mats from the first set and the Inistrad set if you need me to dig them up. I used them to create a template for my attempt at a City scape map overlay for the backsides of the base set.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 14th, 2020, 12:46 AM

This is still on my to do list for the year. I haven't forgotten. The Skyscraper booming at the Con just pushed it ahead of the line. But once we wrap on the Skyscraper, this will be my next terrain focus.

Old December 3rd, 2020, 11:31 AM

OK, here's where I'm at with this:

OUTER SPACE TERRAIN RULES (for testing)

Outer Space Terrain rules include rules for two new types of terrain spaces (Cosmos spaces and Asteroid spaces). Outer Space Terrain rules should be used with the Cosmic Space Mat and other Outer Space battlefields, as specified in their map threads.

Cosmos Spaces
Cosmos spaces are 0 height and may not be placed above any other tiles. When a non-flying figure enters a Cosmic Space they can only move in a straight line and must continue moving in this manner until they either use all of their available movement or until they move onto a space of a different terrain type.

Pull of Gravity
At the end of each round, all destructible objects, figures, glyphs, obstacles, and non-fixed terrain (such as asteroids and comets) that occupy Cosmos Spaces must be moved two spaces towards the closest fixed terrain space (i.e. not a Cosmos or Asteroid space), and must end that movement as close to that fixed terrain as possible.

Asteroid Spaces
Any rock tile placed above a Cosmos space is considered an Asteroid space. Asteroid spaces placed on top of Cosmos spaces are considered to be occupying those Cosmos spaces. Asteroid spaces do not include any of the movement restrictions of Cosmos spaces but figures occupying Asteroid spaces still risk exposure damage.

Exposure Damage
At the end of each round, roll one unblockable attack die for exposure damage against each figure you control on a Cosmos or Asteroid space. If the figure has Super Strength, it receives a wound on a blank instead of a skull.

--
I think comets should be done as add-on destructible objects and that blackholes and wormholes could be done as a terrain types or destructible objects that could be added on as well.
I just want to get the base level stuff down first.

I'm moving this to the Terrain Makers and plan to run it there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library