Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 16th, 2021, 03:10 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Shiftrex Customs (5/16/21... Giant Water Elemental)

He's pretty brutal between Crashing Wave and the ranged attack of 4. Melee armies will have to do a lot of running around to catch up and kill him. Ironically though he does get stuck in water pretty easily, since Inhabit Water is instead of moving as opposed to the Water Elemental's after moving clause. Since he can jump from land to water with it I suppose he'd be way too fast if it were after moving though.

I could see the D&D Whelm concept done by placing a unit on his Army Card and slowly inflicting damage until freed by whatever mechanic, but that would take a ton of text I imagine. Better saved for a giant ooze unit perhaps

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 18th, 2021, 09:29 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm always excited to see more large elementals for Talingul, and Alun seems pretty cool. Thought of this as a potential tweak/simplification to Crashing Wave?

Quote:
CRASHING WAVE
Alun may move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. After moving and before attacking, you may choose one figure Alun moved through this turn and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher that figure takes a wound. Subtract X from your roll, where X is the chosen figure's height.
Old May 18th, 2021, 02:32 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The wording definitely looks cleaner and I'll probably pirate it. The idea of only damaging 1 thing that a giant, roiling water Elemental just crashed through is a big thematic disconnect though.

Thanks for the language tune up though!
Old June 18th, 2021, 04:50 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Shiftrex Customs (5/10/21... Giant Skeleton)

- - - - - - -

LEPIOTA
FUNGAL QUEEN

The figure used is Fungus Leshy #003 from Darklands Rising.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • n/a
Synergy Benefits Offered
n/a

Comments and ideas welcome! Lepiota has gone through only a couple of versions in my notebook and I think that this one is a decent spin on the source material while still using a pretty fun miniature. A destructible object faction also is something heroscape seems to be lacking.

Last edited by Shiftrex; June 20th, 2021 at 12:48 AM.
Old June 19th, 2021, 10:28 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shiftrex Customs (6/18/21... Lepiota-Myconid)

I like the direction you've set for Lepiota; a regenerating boss unit with terrain-altering abilities is a fun idea, and there is definite potential for expansion into a creative faction. I am interested in seeing what you do with future Myconids.

However, I am somewhat concerned about Lepiota's similarities to an existing figure: Sudema. Apart from the potential to instantly slay expensive heroes, Lepiota is generally superior to Sudema in the latter's exact role; Lepiota has superior right-box stats, access to Crypt Guardian bonding, a lower point cost, wound removal from SOAK NUTRIENTS, and a slightly improved version of Sudema's STARE OF STONE that conserves her normal attack. To differentiate the two, I would recommend lowering the chance to wound a figure with QUEEN OF SPORES and changing Lepiota's class to Sovereign, as you considered.

Also, I believe there are some discrepancies with this unit's stats. Lepiota's Army Card lists 6 life and 5 move, but the card text claims she has 5 life and 6 move. Moreover, the Fungus Leshy miniature is unsuited for a size of Medium 5; it only reaches waist-height when compared to standard humanoid sculpts.
Old June 20th, 2021, 12:51 AM

Thanks for the comments. I agree with those updates. As for the Typo, I was considering dropping her to five life because of soak nutrients.

Sudema is one of my favorite figures, with these edits I don't think we step on her toes too closely now. Especially since Lepiota causes a singular wound, while Sudema straight up destroys stuff. I think her hallmark is really being able to destroy crazy big things on a lucky roll much like Ne-Gok-Sa being able to tilt a game in a hurry.

Thanks for your comments! Definitely helps out to get other opinions on stuff.
Old June 21st, 2021, 11:45 PM

- - - - - - -

Xuè Shén
HELLSPAWN MONK

The figure used is Hellspawn Monk #008 from Darklands Rising.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• SKULL DEMON : Valkrill Attack Aura 1
    As a Valkrill follower with a Range of 1, Xuè Shén may benefit from the Skull Demon's VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1 ability
  • MORGOLOTH : Demon Leadership
    As a Demon, Xuè Shén gains one additional move if you also control Morgoloth
  • ACOLYTES OF VORGANUND : Blood Summoning/Dark Pact As a Unique Demon Hero, Xuè Shén may be chosen as a bound hero to be summoned by the Acolytes of Vorganund and may take turns with DARK PACT
  • - MASTER LAO XIN : Sifu
    As a monk hero, Xuè Shén may benefit from Master Lao Xin's SIFU activation bonus.
  • -MASTER WIN CHIU WOO : Master's Influence[/B]
    As Monk, Xuè Shén may benefit from Master Win Chiu Woo's MASTER'S INFLUENCE attack, and defense bonuses.
Synergy Benefits Offered
n/a

Comments and ideas welcome! Xuè Shén is in the later stages of design and she helps to fill out some things that I think the monks need, namely something to threaten bigger figures and cut through high defense. Also fills in the final spot for a monk hero if we were going for the completionist achievement in that class.

Last edited by Shiftrex; December 21st, 2021 at 08:27 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2021, 12:57 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Shiftrex Customs (6/21/21... Xuè Shén)

The combination of Crouching Goat and Hidden Star is pretty rad and has lots of flavor. Getting a bonus when close to death is nice and thematic for a Valkrill unit I think. Being able to eliminate shields is quite strong, as is becoming effectively a 5/5 with Whirlwind, so 160 points seem appropriate. Great design with this one

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 22nd, 2021, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the comment! Glad you like the direction. I'm thinking of doing some testing and adjustment and trying to submit this one.

Someone suggested going down to 3a/3d and 140 pricing because she might be difficult to overcome currently.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 04:33 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Thanks for the comment! Glad you like the direction. I'm thinking of doing some testing and adjustment and trying to submit this one.

Someone suggested going down to 3a/3d and 140 pricing because she might be difficult to overcome currently.
3d would definitely make XS easy to take down but for 160 pts I don't think 4a/4d is unreasonable (although play testing should work that out for you).

The combo Crouching Goat/Hidden Star is awesome and powerful although it can really only be used as a combo twice which is well thought out.

Great design...and may (will) be borrowed by me.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 23rd, 2021 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Borrow, acquire, sneak off with, etc. :)
Old July 2nd, 2021, 11:12 AM

- - - - - - -

FO-TO-KI-RO
GROTESQUE MONSTER

The figure used is Dire Troll #032 from ICONS OF THE REALMS: Fangs & Talons.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• DURGETH RAVAGERS: SAVAGE CRY
    As a Savage Hero Fo-To-Ki-Ro can take a turn with the Durgeth Ravager's Savage War Cry power.
  • - ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury[/B]
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Fo-To-Ki-Ro may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

Comments and ideas welcome! This is the first draft of this huge troll, wanted something comparable to the likes of a dragon while still embodying all the aspects of a troll. The miniature is big enough, looks nasty enough and the lore from DnD places this as one of the most terrible trolls to face because it's been mutated into a terrifying creature. Please let me know what you think

Last edited by Shiftrex; July 11th, 2021 at 03:52 PM.
Old July 18th, 2021, 05:13 PM

Re: Shiftrex Customs (7/2/21... FO-TO-KI-RO Updates)

Thanks to everyone that has looked at, tested, or is playing with any of the units I've made. I'm drawing down a lot right now so if you have any direct comments or need to get a hold of me because of something being broken please reach out through PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards