Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 28th, 2021, 02:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/29/21... FO-TO-KI-RO UPDAT

Fortunately the stuff that bonds with Kai-Mu don't really bother with Raelin anyway. At least, not Raelin 1.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 4th, 2021, 10:50 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/25/21... Updated Wulfing!)

- - - - - - -

GIANT STAG BEETLE
TACTICAL BRAWLER

Frontal Assault - Down and Dirty (4/4)

The figure used is Giant Stag Beetle #030 from PATHFINDER BATTLES: Darklands Rising.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • CONCAN THE KYRIE WARRIOR: KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT
    As a Sentinel Hero a Giant Stag Beetle can benefit from Concan's Knight and Sentinel enhancement power.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

Comments and ideas welcome! This is the second draft of this large beetle, I had to play around with the idea of how I wanted it to flip things for a while but I think that I have something solid. Be sure to let me know if you try it out or have any ideas, any bug miniature with large pincers should work for this unit

EDIT: Updates to the toss ability and added a grasping ability in.
EDIT: Updated the Grasping ability to not clash with the throwing ability, didn't realize I cyberclawed myself

Last edited by Shiftrex; March 26th, 2021 at 01:26 AM.
Old March 10th, 2021, 06:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (3/4/21... GIANT STAG BEETLE!

I genuinely enjoy how you've chosen to represent the Giant Stag Beetle's stats and powers.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 10th, 2021, 06:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Don't forget that Otonashi gets two extra attack dice against it because it's wild.

Old March 11th, 2021, 12:20 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like the Giant Stag Beetle overall. It feels really cool as an Uncommon Hero to pair with some nondescript upcoming units that may or may not have been in Public Playtesting a while ago, if you happened to see and remember them.

It's worth noting that as a Large Wild Hero, it would actually bond with the Death Chasers of Thesk, which I don't think was intentional? The image of them being driven by a brutal taskmaster who is just a giant beetle is certainly weird, though that does have its own HeroScape appeal.

Also, just in case you hadn't seen it, there is a VC unit called Otar that has an ability called Gore and Toss. It's more of a way to force a figure to give up height after being attacked by the figure, but it still has its utility if that theoretical synergy was in your mind and still prevents lava dunking. I figured that it was worth a quick mention in case it caught your fancy, since I'm not super familiar with the Pincer Toss that this draft was based off of.
Old March 25th, 2021, 05:53 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah I find Otar's toss to be rather uninspired and silly to be honest, very unthematic if you have any understanding of what a while pig or any animal with tusks/horns would do to you while goring. Gore in itself is an attack and Otar deals no damage if it gets the roll... definite theme break for me.

You get gored by a pair of giant tusks and you are just move but still fine. No ability to gain height with it just a rather... useless reposition ability. At least here you can gain height for a good attack or even use this in rare situations to put your own figure out of danger.

Maybe I'll just try for a simple toss/reposition ability that requires a high roll and no damage in the future. Harder to cause problems that way. Also, the figure appears to be more of a medium size (single based) now that it is in hand which should avoid any problems bonding with things like the death chasers that would make it strong.
Old March 25th, 2021, 11:16 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Yeah I find Otar's toss to be rather uninspired and silly to be honest, very unthematic if you have any understanding of what a while pig or any animal with tusks/horns would do to you while goring. Gore in itself is an attack and Otar deals no damage if it gets the roll... definite theme break for me.

You get gored by a pair of giant tusks and you are just move but still fine. No ability to gain height with it just a rather... useless reposition ability. At least here you can gain height for a good attack or even use this in rare situations to put your own figure out of danger.

Maybe I'll just try for a simple toss/reposition ability that requires a high roll and no damage in the future. Harder to cause problems that way. Also, the figure appears to be more of a medium size (single based) now that it is in hand which should avoid any problems bonding with things like the death chasers that would make it strong.
I'll provide some more feedback in the Pre-SoV Thread since you just posted the design there, but for some quick clarification on Gore and Toss: it only triggers when the figure is not destroyed--they can still take damage. This trigger just ensures that the defending figure doesn't get moved right before dying if they were already killed and avoids wonky shenanigans. So heroes can still take X wounds and get tossed off of the high ground, or squads could block the attack but still lose their footing. I think that it's actually pretty thematic personally, but there's plenty of other ways that you could avoid lava dunking without mimicking that mechanic.

If Wild doesn't cause bonding, then I think that it's an excellent fit for this miniature.
Old March 25th, 2021, 11:33 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see him with Concan.

Old March 25th, 2021, 11:58 PM

I would definitely have liked to see it too lol, that was one of my fun things about the figure.
Old March 26th, 2021, 12:40 AM

- - - - - - -

WULFING HUNTERS
TUNDRA NOMADS

Frontal Assault - Heroes from Far and Wide (1/4)

The figures used are #001 and #014 from D&D ICEWIND DALE: RIME OF THE FROSTMAIDEN.

Wulfing updates, no testing done yet. Stag Beetle has also been updated.

- - - - - - -

GIANT STAG BEETLE
TACTICAL BRAWLER

Frontal Assault - Down and Dirty (4/4)

The figure used is Giant Stag Beetle #030 from PATHFINDER BATTLES: Darklands Rising.

Last edited by Shiftrex; March 26th, 2021 at 01:25 AM.
Old March 26th, 2021, 07:29 PM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (3/25/21... BEETLE & WULFING!

After talking with a lot of people that liked the previous design, I've come to this as a conclusion that may be more thematic and more focused. Some name changes to communicate the theme better and a pairing down of the old Hunter's Howl.

GENERAL = ULLAR
PLANET = FEYLUND
SPECIES = WULFING
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HUNTERS
PERSONALITY = FEARSOME
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50

Lurking Hunter's Howl
After taking a turn with the Wulfing Hunters, if at least 1 Wulfing Hunter is engaged with an enemy Hero, you may take a turn with 1 unengaged Hunter or Wulfing Hero you control.

Search for Prey
After taking a turn with the Wulfing Hunters, if no Wulfing Hunters you control are engaged, you may move each Wulfing Hunter you control up to 2 spaces.

Silent Stalkers
While a Wulfing Hunter is unengaged it has no visible hitzones.

Last edited by Shiftrex; March 30th, 2021 at 02:15 PM.
Old March 30th, 2021, 02:46 PM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (3/30/21... WULFING updates!)

Newest Wulfing updates:

Theme:

LHH - The theme for this is that if the Wulfing Hunters find something that they can't kill they will rely on a more powerful hunter that they respect. Whether this is inside their own clan or outside of it. Reasoning, realistic wolf packs use the right wolf for the right job to include using the larger and older wolves to deal with a stronger or move volatile bull elk for instance instead of making the younger and weaker members of a pack engage... they look after their own. I see no reason why the Wulfing Hunters, being primitive-esque hunter tribes themselves would not respect and look up to powerful hunters after being summoned to the fields of Valhalla.

It's called Lurking Hunter's Howl because the Hunter Hero that we use has to be unengaged, meaning they are not already busy hunting and can respond from the background where they were hiding/lurking.

SFP - This comes from a few suggestions to create a movement ability for the Wulfing. I think that the 4 man movement has just been far too crazy to deal with so I'm using this instead. The Wulfing's tactics will often rely on engagement or being unengaged for their abilities to work. If a hunt is not actively being pursued (an engagement with an enemy figure) then the Wulfing will slowly spread out and start stalking their prey, moving as a large hunting party. Similar to how a hunting group has worked for thousands of years and into the modern day.

SS - Very little change here except for clarity. If they are unengaged then they have no hitzones because they are being spooky levels of silent and stealthy like only lifelong hunters could have the ability to do.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards