Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 18th, 2021, 01:08 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/17/21... Updated Wulfing!)

Update to attack number (3 attack instead of 4) and general is solidified as Jandar!

Lots of good testing data and suggestions from players lately. I am locking in with the stats at this point and the powers, with the testing I've done Himmelskralle hasn't been particularly crazy and functions just as it does in most games. They have provided some interesting choices for positioning and interaction.

Let me know what you think so far and if you play any games with them ^^

Submitting to SoV soon in hopes that figure supply holds out, just a bit more testing to do.
Old January 25th, 2021, 08:02 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/17/21... Updated Wulfing!)

This is what I'm hoping to be the final update for the Wulfing Hunters before submission. They are refined, more clearly worded to be in line with Scape grammar and their homeworld has changed upon some research to be Grut which puts them in line with the focus on spiritual and tribal society that is found among the Orcs and the Wolves there. The species will stay Wulfing to be an unspecified humanoid that is somewhere between an elf and a human though their kind will never be the users of magic that isn't spiritually based.
Old January 29th, 2021, 12:51 AM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/25/21... Updated Wulfing!)

- - - - - - -

FO-TO-KI-RO
GROTESQUE MONSTER

Frontal Assault - Down and Dirty (2/4)

The figure used is Dire Troll #032 from ICONS OF THE REALMS: Fangs & Talons.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • DURGETH RAVAGERS: SAVAGE CRY
    As a Savage Hero Fo-To-Ki-Ro can take a turn with the Durgeth Ravager's Savage War Cry power.
  • - ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury[/B]
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Fo-To-Ki-Ro may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

Comments and ideas welcome! This is the first draft of this huge troll, wanted something comparable to the likes of a dragon while still embodying all the aspects of a troll. The miniature is big enough, looks nasty enough and the lore from DnD places this as one of the most terrible trolls to face because it's been mutated into a terrifying creature. Please let me know what you think

Last edited by Shiftrex; July 2nd, 2021 at 11:53 AM.
Old January 29th, 2021, 10:31 AM

Swogger is surprisingly tart

Reckless Thrashing should probably be classified as a Special Attack. Otherwise the card phrasing implies Fo-To-Ki-Ro can regain life anytime he destroys a figure, which is a slightly overpowered combination with multiple attacks. There are very few heroes that can withstand 4 consecutive attacks with 5 dice, and squads would be even worse off.

The offensive abilities and high health are offset by a very weak defense, but if this figure was buffed by Raelin you would have an unstoppable killing machine. Have you thought about what options players would have to successfully counterdraft against this figure? It seems like the only practical option is to draft 200 pts of ranged squads. Usually the 12-16 ranged figures will win against 1 big melee fighter.

Despite the above points, I think the cost of the card balances out most of the issues with the high power levels. However, when a figure is 200 points and extremely dangerous in close quarters, it presents a huge target for ranged squads. You could very easily lose an expensive figure to a few volley rounds before even getting a chance to attack. This card seems fun, but very risky to draft in a match. The opponent is forced to adapt their entire game strategy to finding a way to kill this guy quickly or else put themselves at a clear starting disadvantage.
Old January 29th, 2021, 12:42 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swogger View Post
Reckless Thrashing should probably be classified as a Special Attack. Otherwise the card phrasing implies Fo-To-Ki-Ro can regain life anytime he destroys a figure, which is a slightly overpowered combination with multiple attacks. There are very few heroes that can withstand 4 consecutive attacks with 5 dice, and squads would be even worse off.
I think that's the idea; destroyed figures replenish his lost Life and using him at his full offensive potential is a balancing act of making up for wounding himself. Yes 5 Attacks of 5 is pretty insane but with self-harm and 2 Defense I actually don't see him getting away with that more than a couple times a game. He can only actually heal himself with the first attack.

Compared to the 6 Defense and safety of Reach with the Fen Hydra (who is nearly half the points), this unit seems balanced to me. He only seems overpowered as a suicidal attacker against more expensive figures like Braxas or Jotun where it's worth sinking himself to take them down. I actually think it's quite a fair design, and not too different from existing suicidal figures like Ulfrid Hornwrangler or Kursus, who are far less pricy.

~TAF, always approves of more high-life, low-defense customs

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 29th, 2021, 01:59 PM

Swogger is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

I think that's the idea; destroyed figures replenish his lost Life and using him at his full offensive potential is a balancing act of making up for wounding himself. Yes 5 Attacks of 5 is pretty insane but with self-harm and 2 Defense I actually don't see him getting away with that more than a couple times a game. He can only actually heal himself with the first attack.
Fair enough. I didn't think the figure's abilities were terribly unbalanced for the penalties involved, just that it may be possible to exploit life regeneration abilities on a figure that already has a lot of life. I misinterpreted the card to mean each over-extended attack would also heal 1 wound, which would potentially turn common squad units into targets to be picked off one by one for constant regeneration.

Quote:
I actually think it's quite a fair design, and not too different from existing suicidal figures like Ulfrid Hornwrangler or Kursus, who are far less pricy.
Ulfrid and Kursus are not really in the same league as a 9 life figure since they can still be taken out by regular squads or heroes without much difficulty, and the point loss is not going to be as significant in swinging the game. 200 pts is quite a lot to spend on a suicide-charge figure that may not earn back his points if he is kept at length from enemy heroes by blocking squads like the Deathreavers.

To get the most out of a super-Krug troll berserker figure, you don't want it to get sniped or tied down by common units. That would effectively negate the whole point of the rampage-skirmisher design. A loss of Fo-To-Ki-Ro early in the game would probably set back the owner's chances of recovering to pull off a victory.
Old January 29th, 2021, 02:02 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/28/21... FO-TO-KI-RO!)

Is Fo-To-Ki-Ro supposed to be single or double-spaced? 6 move feels a bit fast if single, but the movement is going to be very impactful for how he plays against range in any case.

The Fen Hydra is definitely a better investment for its points (and Hydra + Raelin is considerably better than Fo-To-Ki-Ro), but the Hydra is also much better than it should be IMO. I think that going up to 5 attacks of 5 is well represented by the points and self-wounding.

That said, my reading of the card was that each attack has the potential to heal Fo-To-Ki-Ro, not just the first one. That's a bit problematic: if the attack is pretty likely to go through, then he won't actually be taking any damage (unless the intent is that the wound is applied after he heals, which I'm not sure how to convey). Throw in attack boosts like height, Finn, or Taelord Andask, and Fo-To-Ki-Ro is going to be dealing a lot of damage with his ability to guarantee 5 attacks.

Of course, that's assuming that he reaches the opponent in the first place. Against range, he probably won't last very long at all with 9 life and 2 defense, and only his first attack really has the potential to heal a wound.

I think that it might be worth exploring a less polarizing version of this design. For example, lowering the maximum number of attacks to 4 per turn would reign in his ceiling a little bit which makes it more feasible to increase his consistency. Then, you could explore the common HeroScape Troll power of Regenerate: not only does it feel like a classic Troll, it's also still super aggressive and incentivizes taking turns with Fo-To-Ki-Ro over other figures to keep him alive. It also means that he's running a greater risk of overextending by making more than two attacks per turn, and he might want to take it a little easy for a couple of turns afterward to start regaining his health. Being able to heal without killing something also increases his effectiveness against ranged units a bit, while melee will find themselves less likely to have 3+ figures swallowed up without him taking any wounds from the overexertion. It feels a little more like a standard troll that way, but I think that the more even match-up spread would be a good thing.
Old January 29th, 2021, 02:52 PM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/28/21... FO-TO-KI-RO!)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll do some brainstorming and put a different version out this evening. Really not wanting to drop to four attacks, just because the sculpt has 5 hands but I guess it wouldnt be terrible, the troll also has four heads too so... unsure!

I'll redraft tonight. Maybe a more conventional healing factor would be good.

@Astro the figure is indeed double spaced.
Old January 29th, 2021, 08:17 PM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/29/21... FO-TO-KI-RO UPDAT

Update in effect added something else in because I'm still trying to keep the theme that is very present on the miniature of "grafting" things on that the troll eats but that may go away to make the card simpler.
Old February 18th, 2021, 03:22 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like where you're at so far with Fo-To-Ki-Ro- but I do wonder, even as a double spaced figure, how likely he is to ever take more than one to two additional attacks on a turn anyway. I also like the constant regeneration angle, as it incentivizes you to keep OMs on him, which is especially important for such a large point investment.

Current projects:
My C3G points tally | My customs thread
Arena of the Valkyrie Pod 2 Participant
Old February 28th, 2021, 01:10 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

There's a lot to dig into here that I haven't been able to digest on Discord yet so I'll try to get into what I can.

Fo To Ki Ro:
This guy can throw a lot of dice. Sure he'll take some hits from it, but those hits are more than likely well worth it. I'd test him with Raelin (and Raelin 2) to make sure he can be easily enough brought down. Durgeth Savager bonding is going to make him beastlier in high points games, but at least he'll likely be the main attraction. Watch out for Ornak synergy (which you forgot to list, so I'm assuming you forgot it ). I can't think of any Utgar healers (that aren't limited to people's customs), but if any do come out, that could make FTKR really annoying to deal with.

Wulfing Hunters:
These are going through the SoV, so you're on your own. I'm rooting for 'em though!

Trident Marshall:
Very clearly a fixer unit, and that's ok! She gives your drow armies some extra punch, but I'd like to see her base attack or defense a bit higher. That's a pretty big trident after all.

Kai-Mu:
I really like everything here besides Hatred of Kyrie. I'd rather see a fire breath attack (or a fire spell) on this guy just to make him feel like the ultimate "attack attack attack" piece. Plus, a ranged attack of some sort could be helpful for the Wolves of Badru and the Death Knights.

Incursion:
Neat design, but basically gives Raelin +5 Life. Although paying 230 points for Raelin seems crazyyyyyy, it might be worth it in high points games. Perhaps it would be better if the Shield Golem could only eat one of those wounds? Or maybe eat all but one? I'd also include an FAQ about what happens if he picks up his own glyph. I'd also suggest changing the class to Sentinel. Sounds more appropriate the straight up Guard(ian) and opens up synergy with Concan. Just be careful about losing your 150 point investment!

Akhenaten:
Saving rolled skulls is neat. He may have some difficulty finding room even in Tomb Skeleton armies, as Warden 816's movement bonus is already better than 55% disengage for the skeletons who are mostly going to be flanking anyway. He may have a couple uses for the skeleton archers at least...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 28th, 2021, 02:19 PM

Thanks for looking!

Akhenaten definitely needs a redesign, that one is just sitting until I find a better place for it at the moment.

Incursion actually cannot pick up his own glyph, because as soon as it falls to the ground you can't take any turns with him so I'm not sure how that would happen. Is there a way to forcefully give him his own glyph that I am not aware of? Because as far as I understood you have to move onto a glyph in order to pick it up and you can't give it to him at the beginning of the game because he is not a small or medium hero. Sentinel sounds like a good edit for him, concan using the amulet might be a cool way to use a hard to use aura. As for Raelin, testing has gone good so far. Raelin is always easier to hit than incursion and if you are putting these 2 on the field you don't have much of a force beyond that as I design for the 500-600 point games where SoV would likely focus.

For Kai-Mu i've had an uncommon amount of pushback on a mostly negative power that confuses me. The ability essentially means that he won't ever work in a raelin army which should encourage you to build something different and if someone else brings raelin then definitely keep her away from him the other kyrie really don't see a ton of play from what I understand. Was making him more for theme and less for helping any squad because they already have plenty of bonding options but I'll see what I can come up with. Probably an X Order Marker ability for a breath weapon.

Triden Marshall might need an extra stat point somewhere that's a good idea.

FTKR definitely can be moved by the Red Flag, I always forget that Ornak exists.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards