Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 8th, 2020, 12:50 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (Updated: 9/26/20... Clay Gol

- - - - - - -

Incursion
Warforged Titan

Frontal Assault - Strategic Field Commanders (2/3)

The figure used is Shield Guardian #027 from Waterdeep Dragon Heist.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • WARFORGED SOLDIERS : ADVANCE OF METAL
    After revealing an Order Marker on Incursion, you may choose up to three small or medium Warforged figures within clear sight of Incursion that you control and move them up to 3 spaces each. If you do not move any other figures then add 3 to Incursion's Move number this turn.
  • SIEGE : ADVANCE OF METAL
    After revealing an Order Marker on Incursion, you may choose up to three small or medium Warforged figures within clear sight of Incursion that you control and move them up to 3 spaces each. If you do not move any other figures then add 3 to Incursion's Move number this turn.
  • HEIRLOOM : ADVANCE OF METAL

Comments and ideas welcome! Incursion is in his second revision at the moment and I am hoping to get some tests in with him so I can start tweaking numbers, themes and abilities if necessary.

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 4th, 2021 at 11:45 PM.
Old December 12th, 2020, 05:52 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

- - - - - - -

Kai-Mu
Bloodthirsty lord of Darkness

Frontal Assault - Strategic Field Commanders (3/3)

The figure used is Arkhan the Cruel from Descent into Avernus: Arkhan the Cruel.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• WOLVES OF BADRU : DARKLORD BONDING
    Before taking a turn with Wolves of Badru, you may first take a turn with any Darklord you control.
  • DEATH KNIGHTS OF VALKRILL : UNHOLY BONDING
    Before taking a turn with the Death Knights of Valkrill, you may first take a turn with any small, medium, or large relentless Hero you control.
  • KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : RELENTLESS ASSAULT
    Each friendly figure adjacent to Khosumet with a relentless personality receives an additional attack die.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • KNIGHTS OF BLACKGAARD : RELENTLESS ARMY ATTACK BONUS
    If every Army Card you control has a relentless personality, each Knight of Blackgaard receives 1 additional attack die.

Comments and ideas welcome! Kai-Mu has gone through a few revisions at this point where his focus and design direction have changed, let me know if the themes are working for the miniature and powers. As always, let me know if I've missed synergy notes or made something hilariously broken that I am unaware of. Thanks!

EDIT: Update made so that Kai-Mu cannot move or attack while you control a Kyrie, this was changed from the previous "cannot place order markers" on him due to his bonding options from wolves of Badru and Deathknights.

Last edited by Shiftrex; December 31st, 2020 at 08:10 PM.
Old December 31st, 2020, 01:17 AM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (Updated: 12/12/20... Kai-Mu)

- - - - - - -

Trident Marshall
Unyielding Crusader

Frontal Assault - Down and Dirty (3/4)

The figure used is Drow Elite Warrior #006 from Monster Menagerie 2.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• ORNAK : RED FLAG OF FURY
    As an uncommon hero who follows Utgar, Trident Marshall may benefit from Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura.
  • DEATH KNIGHTS OF VALKRILL : UNHOLY BONDING
    Before taking a turn with the Death Knights of Valkrill, you may first take a turn with any small, medium, or large relentless Hero you control.
  • KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : RELENTLESS ASSAULT
    Each friendly figure adjacent to Khosumet with a relentless personality receives an additional attack die.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • PELLOTH : LOTH'S WRATH SPECIAL ATTACK
    As a Drow The Trident Marshall may be used by Pelloth for his Lolth's Wrath Special Attack.
  • DEEPWYRM DROW : DROW COMMANDER
    As a Drow Squad the Deepwyrm Drow can be a squad that you take a turn with while using the Drow Commander power.
  • DROW CHAINFIGHTER : DROW COMMANDER
    As a Drow Hero the Drow Chainfighter can be a hero that you take a turn with while using the Drow Commander power.
  • ESTIVARA : DROW COMMANDER
    As a Drow Hero Estivara can be a hero that you take a turn with while using the Drow Commander power.
  • PELLOTH : DROW COMMANDER
    As a Drow Hero Pelloth can be a hero that you take a turn with while using the Drow Commander power.
  • XUNDAR : DROW COMMANDER
    As a Drow Hero Xundar can be a hero that you take a turn with while using the Drow Commander power.

Comments and ideas welcome! Trident Marshall has been theoryscaped and workshopped a little bit but has no playtesting under her at this point in time. Let me know if you have ideas, commentary or would like to use this unit in a casual game. All feedback is welcome.
Old December 31st, 2020, 02:29 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (12/30/20... Trident Marshall

I haven't checked in in a while so I must say I am impressed with Kai-Mu who is both unique and thematic. However I must point out in your design notes that your intent seems to be that he cannot be played with Kyrie in your army (mostly because of Raelin). However he is perfectly playable since you don't need to put Order Markers on his card to use him since he Bonds with Death Knights + Badru Wolves. I don't know if that is intentional or not but if it isn't you could change it to him being unable to Move/Attack or unable to be Activated or whatever else would get the job done.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 31st, 2020, 04:08 AM

Wow, great catch. I'll have a revision out shortly.

EDIT: Revision out! Went with simple wording so that he cannot move or attack while you control a Kyrie.

Last edited by Shiftrex; December 31st, 2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old December 31st, 2020, 08:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Love the bonding power on the Drow.

Old January 8th, 2021, 06:23 PM

- - - - - - -

Incursion
SHIELD GUARDIAN

Frontal Assault - Strategic Field Commanders (2/3)

(Associated Glyph)

(Cutout for Glyph)

The figure used is Shield Guardian #027 from Waterdeep Dragon Heist.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

Comments and ideas welcome! I don't currently know of any synergies Incursion has because he forces someone to hold his amulet in the first place and negates most synergies that could be offered to him naturally with bonding and the like. Let me know if he has any interesting interactions that you have found and thanks for looking it over!

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 10th, 2021 at 04:59 PM.
Old January 10th, 2021, 12:22 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/8/21... Incursion Update)

Is Incursion intended to be double or single spaced?

I really like the Treasure Glyph design here; it's very unique and it looks like fun to play. It does have the potential to get a bit confusing with Locksley and Nottingham Brigands, but that's more on Locksley than anything else. I like the Guardian class as a way of emphasizing that he isn't intended to get any synergies from Talingul or the "Guard" class; it helps draw attention to his Innate Design power.

The Amulet could probably use some language along the lines of "...when a figure you control picks up this glyph, immediately gain permanent control of Breach..." a la Ne-Gok-Sa or the Mind Flayer. This will prevent his defense bonus from working against his new owners.

I am a bit skeptical of how practical Incursion will be to play with the 4 clear sight space restriction, though, especially with the potential for his Amulet to be stolen by the right figures. Vitality Transfer helps a lot in this regard, though the need to balance adjacency between both figures has the potential to really make positioning and advancing tricky, especially since both can't move in the same turn. I'd consider increasing the range to ~6 clear sight spaces for one or both powers, though that might require a defense decrease on Incursion to prevent it from becoming too frustrating for the opponent. The +1D to adjacent figures should still encourage them to stick together when possible.

"Overpower" feels a bit vague to me as the ability name, though I think that I know the intended theme from previous drafts of the design. Perhaps playing off of the personality could work with a name of "Intimidating Power" or something similar? You could also do something weird and new and have him get the attack bonus against figures with a height less than 6, but the small/medium restriction works just as well.

Overall, I really like where the design is headed. It feels very unique and cool.
Old January 10th, 2021, 02:57 PM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/8/21... Incursion Update)

Incursion is smaller and sleeker than Breach so he fits easily on a Large single base like the deathwalkers. I'll work on some better language for the Amulet so that it is clear who has control of him. Interesting point, NGS and Mind Flayers can't take turns with Incursion even if they roll for it and succeed. Golem only follows his amulet lol.

I'll have some updates incoming to address the range of movement Amulet control concerns and come up with a better name for Overpower. It's essentially just meant to dictate that the Shield Guardian is big, made of metal, directs substantial force downwards and bops small things easily especially since he has no bonding or ability to get more than 1 attack per turn.

EDIT:

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 10th, 2021 at 04:58 PM.
Old January 12th, 2021, 02:08 AM

- - - - - - -

WULFLING HUNTERS
TUNDRA NOMADS

Frontal Assault - Heroes from Far and Wide (1/4)

The figures used are #001 and #014 from D&D ICEWIND DALE: RIME OF THE FROSTMAIDEN.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

• ARKTOS: HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
    As Hunters the Wulfing Hunters can can benefit from Arktos' Hunter Attack Enhancement.

Synergy Benefits Offered

Comments and ideas welcome! This is still an early version of this common squad and I want to put some effort into this because there are available miniatures for the level that would be needed for a community custom (See Design notes for tons of updates and edit notes).

Last edited by Shiftrex; May 4th, 2021 at 08:13 PM. Reason: updates
Old January 15th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/14/21... Updated Wulfing!)

Which of the two versions in the above post is most up-to-date? Is it the card, or is it the card text in the spoiler?

Hunter synergy is such a tricky thing- I've tried it myself once or twice, but was never able to get it right in my mind. It doesn't help that there's such a spread of power levels amongst the Hunter heroes. Dünd, the Feral Troll, and the Master of the Hunt are scrubs in competitive play, while Arktos and Van Nessing are solid heroes- and Himmelskralle could become overpowered if the relationship between the wyvern and a bonding squad isn't dialed in properly.

I definitely think that if you're going to pursue Hunter bonding, you're on the right track by making it conditional. The fact that you're balancing it against a stealth power that takes affect with non-adjacency is interesting, and it sort of echoes the bones of the Mohican River Tribe without feeling derivative at all, which I like.

Is there any particular part of the Wulfing unit that you're looking for feedback on, or any part you're not sure about?
Old January 15th, 2021, 07:29 PM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (1/14/21... Updated Wulfing!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Which of the two versions in the above post is most up-to-date? Is it the card, or is it the card text in the spoiler?

Hunter synergy is such a tricky thing- I've tried it myself once or twice, but was never able to get it right in my mind. It doesn't help that there's such a spread of power levels amongst the Hunter heroes. Dünd, the Feral Troll, and the Master of the Hunt are scrubs in competitive play, while Arktos and Van Nessing are solid heroes- and Himmelskralle could become overpowered if the relationship between the wyvern and a bonding squad isn't dialed in properly.

I definitely think that if you're going to pursue Hunter bonding, you're on the right track by making it conditional. The fact that you're balancing it against a stealth power that takes affect with non-adjacency is interesting, and it sort of echoes the bones of the Mohican River Tribe without feeling derivative at all, which I like.

Is there any particular part of the Wulfing unit that you're looking for feedback on, or any part you're not sure about?
Thanks for looking! I hadn't gotten around to updating the spoiler text yet. I touched that up before replying. The image on this post and on the front page is the card as it has been workshopped thus far into the testing process. Individual testing data for games is found in my blog posts.

Right now you are looking at fresh changes from testing data. I'm not sure if the zero hitzones has a good enough conditional, that is yet to be seen through testing. I'm not sure if just flat out no hitzones when "isolated" is a good thing because it flips off during combat or during any boosts or if it should move to be within a certain number of spaces.

I'm concerned with the unit fitting overall theme to match lore and sculpt at the moment, if it is believable when you look at the mini and if it is fun. Making choices that lead to risk and ability activation is something that think should be fun and I don't know if we are there yet. The last version was conditional bonding that checked for 2 figures engaged BEFORE the turn and it was utterly impossible. I'm hoping this version actually lets you use the 'active' ability more while the 'passive' power dictates more of your gameplay and makes the opponent think about how they want to interact with you in tandem with the map.

Statline seems solid to me, how do they compare when you look at them as a 2 figure unit?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards