Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 6th, 2018, 12:37 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker
Curry_Noodles's Customs Thread

Curry_Noodles's Custom Figures Thread

Hello & Welcome; Here you will find a collection of custom figures that I've been workshopping, organized by how far along in development each card is. Each stage is color coded to help distinguish each level more and keep it congruent with how I have it organized in my files

Before you dive you, I just wanted to give as brief of an introduction of myself as possible. I've been playing Heroscape now for almost 10 years and have always tried to create new, exciting, and fun customs for the game ever since my first master set. I hope that this thread may be resourceful and inspiring, [and maybe hopefully some unofficial/official additions to the C3V/SoV] as I look forward to learning and hearing feedback from everyone and anyone! Thank you again!

Note: If you are familiar with any of the C3V/SOV/ other customs on this site, you might see some powers that are featured on other published customs. I'm not doing this with the intention to "steal", rather to help guide my thinking for how I would like a figure to play/ feel like. So there might be times where authors of said powers are not credited immediately but know I will not claim ownership over anything I did not create

COMPLETED CARDS

Figures that I have played with enough times where I am most comfortable and feel their design is the most balanced, original, and thematic across all stages of development.
Spoiler Alert!

PLAYTESTING

Figures that are at the critical point in their development where after theoryscaping and checking of game mechanics, they are ready to test the battlefield.
Spoiler Alert!

PRE-PLAYTEST EDITING

Figures in this stage are near minor edits away and testing from being able to play in a realistic scenario. Specifically, in this stage things such as phrasing and even power level of abilities is carefully examined and questioned.
Spoiler Alert!

CONCEPTS W/ SOME DIRECTION

Figures in this stage are those who have great minis, and I have immediately been able to "catch lightning in a bottle", however these figures also need a bit more of their identity polished as to help develop a balanced, unique, and thematic design,
Spoiler Alert!

IN THE ROUGH
Figures that I personally like for their figure or for a vague design direction that I have roughly outlined or captured on these preliminary card designs.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Curry_Noodles; August 9th, 2022 at 02:52 PM.
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:39 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker
Re: Curry_Noodles's Customs Thread

Also, I'm new to the way this site works despite having known about it for years, so if anyone can offer help or guide me toward resources that help me in navigating this site I would appreciate it! I'm not sure of how to get the images of the cards to show up rather than links!
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

To get your image to work, you want to replace your [url] tags with [img] tags.

like this:

[img]https://ibb.co/gPh7OV[/img]
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:45 PM

I'm unsure if it works, I keep seeing this blue question mark and not my image appear
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You also need to use the image url (right click and select Copy image address), instead of the page url.
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

You also need to use the image url (right click and select Copy image address), instead of the page url.
I think I understand what your saying -Sorry for my clumsiness! I appreciate your help with this!
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Wilbin appears to be a balanced “psuedo-squad” hero, and his ability to drop illusions is fairly unique. Luck of the Imp uses a straight-forward coin flip mechanic, although coins are not a concept that heroscape has used.

It’ll be cool to see what else you have, @Curry_Noodles

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 6th, 2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Wilbin appears to be a balanced “psuedo-squad” hero, and his ability to drop illusions is fairly unique. Luck of the Imp uses a straight-forward coin flip mechanic, although coins are not a concept that heroscape has used.

It’ll be cool to see what else you have, @Curry_Noodles
Thank you for your comment flameslayer93! I'll be working on posting more today later on in the afternoon!

and yes, the coin-flip mechanic is unusual and not utilized in Heroscape, however I saw that luck was a distinct feature of the imps and I wanted to re-create that kind of freak luck. I didn't think a D20 roll or any sort of dice roll was really fitting, especially because you can influence your dice rolls with glyphs. I thought a coin flip was in the best way to show this characteristic. I wanted to make it just strong enough that it wasn't "broken"
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:10 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

This guy looks pretty unique and interesting! I'm particularly fond of the 45 points for his price, since the only other option currently is Sonya Esenwein. More army options is always a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
and yes, the coin-flip mechanic is unusual and not utilized in Heroscape, however I saw that luck was a distinct feature of the imps and I wanted to re-create that kind of freak luck. I didn't think a D20 roll or any sort of dice roll was really fitting, especially because you can influence your dice rolls with glyphs. I thought a coin flip was in the best way to show this characteristic. I wanted to make it just strong enough that it wasn't "broken"
I was going to say that I also prefer a simple 11-or-higher D20 roll to settle the result, but it looks like you've already given that thought. A dice roll is definitely more "classic HeroScape," but I can see what you're going for with emphasizing luck. I still prefer the dice personally, but that's probably just the HeroScape purist in me.

Is Imp a suitable class? I'm not the most well-versed in high fantasy traditions (college sadly seems to have a problem with me finally reading Lord of the Rings), but I've always thought that imps were generally a species of monster.
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

If you want your cards to have a bit more unified/official look, the link in my signature gives a tutorial for making cards using Xorlof's X-2 Card Creator. It does a fantastic job of making the text and stats all look great.

Your card (especially the figure image) is great, though. I only mentioned it since you did in your OP.

Did you figure out how to add the image directly to your post?
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
This guy looks pretty unique and interesting! I'm particularly fond of the 45 points for his price, since the only other option currently is Sonya Esenwein. More army options is always a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
I was going to say that I also prefer a simple 11-or-higher D20 roll to settle the result, but it looks like you've already given that thought. A dice roll is definitely more "classic HeroScape," but I can see what you're going for with emphasizing luck. I still prefer the dice personally, but that's probably just the HeroScape purist in me.

Is Imp a suitable class? I'm not the most well-versed in high fantasy traditions (college sadly seems to have a problem with me finally reading Lord of the Rings), but I've always thought that imps were generally a species of monster.
I looked up what Imp was when creating the character - I could easily make him a rouge, however I wanted him to be mischievous, "trickster" type of character so rather than make him a rouge I just wanted to make him kind of like this little runt troublemaker figure
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:28 PM

I'm not sure honestly ahaha It looks the same as when you last commented - is there somewhere that shows what its supposed to look like?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards