Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 20th, 2022, 09:49 PM

That_American_Idiot is surprisingly tart
Smash Up Customs

I've been really interested in adapting pre-existing things into Heroscape customs for the past couple of years or so, and recently I stumbled across the perfect game to adapt. Paul Peterson's Smash Up! A deck building game who's identity comes from it's unique Factions, all having their own abilities and specialties. I thought it would give me a beautiful thing to adapt as there are tons of different races, abilities, synergies, and play styles to turn into theoretical Heroscape custom units. I wanted to share what I've made and discuss what works, what doesn't, and if they could be viable in a real game.

Master Set: Smash Up
Aliens
Spoiler Alert!

Dinosaurs
Spoiler Alert!

Ninjas
Spoiler Alert!

Pirates
Spoiler Alert!

Robots
Spoiler Alert!

Tricksters
Spoiler Alert!

Wizards
Spoiler Alert!

Zombies
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 1: Awesome Level 9000
Bear Cavalry
Spoiler Alert!

Ghosts
Spoiler Alert!

Killer Plants
Spoiler Alert!

Steampunks
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 2: Science Fiction Double Feature
Cyborg Apes
Spoiler Alert!

Shapeshifters
Spoiler Alert!

Super Spies
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by That_American_Idiot; June 28th, 2023 at 11:31 PM.
Old August 20th, 2022, 10:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Smash Up Customs

I could see Probe being used once per round.

Old August 21st, 2022, 03:00 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bizarre double post, please ignore.

Current projects:
My C3G points tally | My customs thread
Arena of the Valkyrie Pod 2 Participant
Old August 21st, 2022, 03:00 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bizarre double post, please ignore

Current projects:
Old August 21st, 2022, 03:01 AM

Agree with the TW's suggestion. Maybe make his teleport a little harder to trigger also?

Current projects:
Old August 21st, 2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I could see Probe being used once per round.
That thought never even crossed my mind, but I like it. I was thinking of it as a really powerful ability like Atlanta’s Bolt of Witherwood, but I guess when you think about it, removing a single turn from an opponent is not the same as just destroying a figure. I think I will make it once per round, but an ability that activates if you reveal the X order marker on Supreme Leader’s Army Card. How will that effect his point value though?
Old August 21st, 2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Agree with the TW's suggestion. Maybe make his teleport a little harder to trigger also?
When do you think his teleported should trigger? I picked 13 to make it slightly better than the Collectors Abduction. Should I make it the same as theirs?
Old August 21st, 2022, 01:24 PM

Alright, the Alien units have been updated a little. The biggest difference being every Squad had it's range bumped up by 1 and the Supreme Overlord's Probe ability was reworked to happen once a round rather than once a game. His point value was increased slightly to make up for this.
Old August 24th, 2022, 11:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Spoiler Alert!

I like what you're going for here, but there are a number of difficulties with Abduction in my opinion.
1. Is it 90 points for the whole card or just for the figure? I.e. can they use Abduction on an Omnicron Sniper?
2. Heroscape games don't always have starting zones (they are defined in scenario and tournament rules, not anywhere in the game rules) so what happens then? I'm not even sure what wording to suggest to solve this without changing the theme. Perhaps you can teleport to a space adjacent to a different pair of abductors?
3. Teleportation is not a defined term; you should probably just use "place."

As written I think they are probably pretty overpriced. 2 attack and 1 defense with only 5 range is not going to put out a lot of hurt or last very long, and they only get to roll for Abduction once a round.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 25th, 2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Spoiler Alert!

I like what you're going for here, but there are a number of difficulties with Abduction in my opinion.
1. Is it 90 points for the whole card or just for the figure? I.e. can they use Abduction on an Omnicron Sniper?
2. Heroscape games don't always have starting zones (they are defined in scenario and tournament rules, not anywhere in the game rules) so what happens then? I'm not even sure what wording to suggest to solve this without changing the theme. Perhaps you can teleport to a space adjacent to a different pair of abductors?
3. Teleportation is not a defined term; you should probably just use "place."

As written I think they are probably pretty overpriced. 2 attack and 1 defense with only 5 range is not going to put out a lot of hurt or last very long, and they only get to roll for Abduction once a round.
Thank you for the feedback!
1. As for the Point value stipulation, I was intending whatever point value is printed on the card, thus you would not be able to use it on an Omnicron Sniper. However, this rule can be changed easily to only effecting small or medium figures.
2. This is an interesting point to bring up because it's never occurred to me. Every game I've played has had a starting zone. I never thought about it not being defined in the rules. The intention of this power is to send a figure back to the area of the board it started the game in. I agree, I'm not too sure of an alternate way to word this.
3. Thank you for this tip! That will make it more concise. I will change the wording in the next couple of days.

Ah okay. I don't want to fall into the trap of making ranged units too underpriced, but agree with you that they won't be doing much damage, and they will most likely not be able to take hits. Does 40 points sound better?
Old August 25th, 2022, 02:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I would start playtesting at 35. If you're not going to playtest then 40 points is probably right. I would look at how the Roman Archers compare to these figures and then see how they are priced in the Delta point system and compare from there. The number of figures will also impact the price; if it is a 4-figure squad then 45 might be as low as you can go, and it might still be too low.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 25th, 2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I would start playtesting at 35. If you're not going to playtest then 40 points is probably right. I would look at how the Roman Archers compare to these figures and then see how they are priced in the Delta point system and compare from there. The number of figures will also impact the price; if it is a 4-figure squad then 45 might be as low as you can go, and it might still be too low.
I might play test with them, but they’re more for theory. This, however, would be a 4-figure squad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards