Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 18th, 2020, 07:48 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Shiftrex Customs (06/04/22... New Wulfing Hunters)

- - - - - - -

WULFING HUNTERS
TUNDRA NOMADS

Frontal Assault - Heroes from Far and Wide (1/4)

The figures used are #001 and #014 from D&D ICEWIND DALE: RIME OF THE FROSTMAIDEN.

This thread is being reformatted a bit after seeing how some other users have cleaned up their threads. The showcased custom is the one I am currently playtesting and designing at the moment. Below you will find finished or serious customs organized and their original posts linked so that things are clean and tidy in the main post.

If you would like to play with any of my units OHS style then please look at this google doc that has the current figure's Army Card attached to a token using the ALT TEXT feature (ctrl+alt+y). You'll find things sorted by general and then by hero or squad as I slowly populate this: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...GaKXGm-Ho/edit

BY GENERAL
Spoiler Alert!

If you'd like me to playtest any of your units, I love doing that! I also try to give good feedback and play a few games with something if you are trying to get things just right.

If you see synergies that I have and I haven't noticed them, please let me know so that I don't do anything too crazy and if you wind up enjoying a unit from here then I'd also love to hear about it.

Last edited by Shiftrex; August 9th, 2022 at 11:36 PM.
Old May 18th, 2020, 08:14 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs

A special attack should have Range X, Attack Y.

Old May 18th, 2020, 08:17 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Categories

Western

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Shiftrex; December 6th, 2020 at 02:51 AM. Reason: edit space for card
Old May 20th, 2020, 11:10 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The wording of Lasso seems just a little off. Did you look at the Drow Chainfighter for wording?

It seems like his total move could be as high as 11 spaces? And he can auto-wound someone in addition to making an attack? Seems strong for 80 points.

I think the if condition on Draggle may be a conditions headache.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 20th, 2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The wording of Lasso seems just a little off. Did you look at the Drow Chainfighter for wording?

It seems like his total move could be as high as 11 spaces? And he can auto-wound someone in addition to making an attack? Seems strong for 80 points.

I think the if condition on Draggle may be a conditions headache.
Yes, I checked chain fighter but didnt care so much about how high the targetted figure was because I didnt think many maps played with extreme height. I made the space you could be pulled to more lenient instead. That could be changed.

I can add an Instead of attack clause to draggle if it helps. Not sure why the If conditions are a headache. The first thing the ability checks is if you used lasso, pretty simple. The next tells you that you can only move within a certain range if the lasso'ed target can come with you essentially. Nothing complicated.

Is there better wording perhaps? I thought it was pretty, step by step. Though I'm definitely open to adjusting prices.

Last edited by Shiftrex; May 20th, 2020 at 11:56 AM.
Old May 20th, 2020, 12:04 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

"moved by the power of Lasso" just strikes me as odd. I don't think I've seen it before. I suspect you'd have less confusion by just using the Chainfighter wording. This wording being different makes me wonder if there's some sneaky difference I need to figure out, instead of just knowing that it works like the Chainfighter.

The chosen figure for Draggle takes leaving engagement attacks. So it could die when he tries to place the figure next to him. At which point it is no longer possible for him to use the power; the power that lead to the figure dying. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

--
--
--

--
Old May 20th, 2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
"moved by the power of Lasso" just strikes me as odd. I don't think I've seen it before. I suspect you'd have less confusion by just using the Chainfighter wording. This wording being different makes me wonder if there's some sneaky difference I need to figure out, instead of just knowing that it works like the Chainfighter.

The chosen figure for Draggle takes leaving engagement attacks. So it could die when he tries to place the figure next to him. At which point it is no longer possible for him to use the power; the power that lead to the figure dying. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Oh, if that's all the problem was then you should have said something lol. I didnt notice that, I'll just make both figures immune to LEAs during the movement. Thatll clean up, thanks for pointing that out.
Old May 20th, 2020, 12:18 PM

That was just one example (although admittedly the most likely-to-occur) of where "do X if Y is possible" powers break down.

I would merge the two into one power and remove the extra movement. As he's moving, have him roll for a figure within 2 spaces. When he ends his movement place the figure adjacent if he rolled high enough.

--
--
--

--
Old May 20th, 2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
That was just one example (although admittedly the most likely-to-occur) of where "do X if Y is possible" powers break down.

I would merge the two into one power and remove the extra movement. As he's moving, have him roll for a figure within 2 spaces. When he ends his movement place the figure adjacent if he rolled high enough.
Thanks for the help, I copied the wording from Drow Chain fighter more closely, gave the figure disengage and combined the powers to make more sense.
Old May 20th, 2020, 08:04 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

For Lasso Draggle I would say "roll 2 additional dice if you attack the chosen figure this turn." Otherwise it reads like a special attack, minus the words "special attack."

Old May 20th, 2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
For Lasso Draggle I would say "roll 2 additional dice if you attack the chosen figure this turn." Otherwise it reads like a special attack, minus the words "special attack."
I'd prefer not to just steroid an attack. Kinda breaks theme when its nit necessary. Rather I dont think rolling defense from being drug on the grounds makes sense lol.

I honestly could make it a special attack, itd just have a "special" in the attack zone and take up more room is all. I dont think it really changes anything. I'll think about that one.
Old May 20th, 2020, 08:39 PM

I was thinking you would have him place the figure adjacent at the end of his move. Now it places the figure wherever he is when he does the roll.

I think the roll 2 attack dice thing is weird. Is it considered an attack? There are powers that trigger on an attack or a skull rolled.

I would just simplify it and do a d20 roll for damage. Basically Chainfighter + Arthur of Sherwood and maybe Kira Jax

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; May 20th, 2020 at 09:37 PM. Reason: fixed link

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards