Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 26th, 2015, 08:46 PM

Moghue42 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Escape from Middle Earth: Toadsage and Moghue42 customs

Hello, long time lurker here. I have been working with a friend on making custom pieces. It started when we found the Lotr hex game a few weeks after picking heroscape back up. We are aware that there are some spelling mistakes and some balance issues. We have based a lot of our powers and otherwise on things from this site. We try to follow the 1 new power per card role. Toadsage does most, if not all of the card powers and I do the art.

We generally play by general lines and have been playing castle battles as well as some urban guerrilla fighting. We consider everything we have up until this point our very own huge Wave 1. Wave 2 is already in the works and is entitled Journey to Azeroth. We all pitched in for the full wow miniatures sets and have started to comb through them.

Ullar: Lotr Elves
Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla: TMNT and Others
Spoiler Alert!

Utgar: Locust
Spoiler Alert!

Utgar: dragons
Spoiler Alert!

Utgar: Uruk Hai + Bolg and azog
Spoiler Alert!

Einar: The Cog
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar: Primadons
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar: Star Wars
Spoiler Alert!

Ullar: Star Wars
Spoiler Alert!

Journey to Azeroth Preview
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Moghue42; January 26th, 2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Missed Chewbacca
Old January 26th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Escape from Middle Earth: Toadsage and Moghue42 customs

Welcome! That's a lot of work--you and your friend have been very busy!

They will take some time to digest, but great effort! Some good ideas in there.
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:05 PM

toadsage is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

We try. We play in a small group and it is really hard to play test to the levels you do, on many threads here. We have found some great stuff here, between inspiration for cards and helpful pdfs. We are working now on our first "balance patch", as it were, and on streamlining and standardizing the language on the cards. We have come a long way since our first customs.
Old January 31st, 2015, 01:53 AM

Just a quick update, Rindrathil the dragon under Utgar does in fact have flying and was forgot on this draft. I also think people will wonder where we came across TMNT miniatures, we got them from "busy books" which are children's coloring/activity books that come with a play mat and group of miniatures. They are about the size of an omnicron sniper.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 02:38 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hi and welcome to posting on Heroscapers! It's always great to see another custom creator around and you certainly have been a prolific one. I don't often tend to steer away from commenting on direct adaptations of other sources (especially when I am only so familiar with the original property), but fortunately for me you have a whole faction of primadons to ogle.

Primadon Troopers
Two figure squads are difficult to build and balance. They need to contend with the fact that they inherently have fewer attacks and a smaller board presence than any other type of squad. Some do so by being harder to kill so they can keep up, or having access to multiple attacks. In this case, while these guys are moderately tough given the power of the same name, I suspect that they will have some problems taking losses. Laser Targetting is a very interesting anti-height and anti-Raelin power but I don't think their single attacks of 3 will quite keep them in the running with other squads.

Primadon Gunners
In contrast to the troopers, I suspect that the gunners will fare a bit better. While they are going to have the same sort of problems with keeping alive and are more expensive, Drum of Fun allows them to get potentially 4 attacks of turn (you only need to say inflict a wound. Destroying a figure with an attack still inflicts wounds on it). Their slightly longer range will also help keep them out of danger a little bit longer than troopers.

Maximus
I really like the hit and run options on this guy. Even if he were to be surrounded in melee, he has some monstrous defense that can really soak the wounds. I feel like he's priced quite appropriately at 160 and he looks like a blast to play with zipping in and out of battle.

Cornelius Silverback
I see why this guy costs so high. He is a critical lynchpin in any primadon army you could put together. As opposed to other general type units, you want to use him to full effect by blasting away at massive range with a double attack of 4. Even if the opponent closes with him, he can still stand toe-to-toe with his impressive defenses. This guy is such a powerhouse I wouldn't be shocked if you priced him a little low even .

Constantine
This guy is another workhorse with incredible range and fire power. It gets even more obscene when you charge up his shots to take out almost anyone on the field. He'll hold up okay to sustained attacks but he's one you need to protect more than most of the other units in the faction.

Over a cool and powerful group. I could see having a blast playing them in a high point total game and letting the attack dice fly! Thank you again for sharing.
Old February 12th, 2015, 02:27 PM

We wanted to thank you for your feedback. We would love to hear about anyone using our cards. If anyone would like an easy less than 10 step tutorial on how to do cards like mine I would be more than happy to oblidge.
Old February 14th, 2015, 05:44 PM

Joeyk is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Amazing... I joined up just to say that I just got a nice stack of LoTR hex figures (150!) to use with my heroscape, so your cards will come in very handy for my battles.
Many thanks
Old February 15th, 2015, 01:10 PM

Hey! thanks for letting us know, as you have seen that is where we got most of our LoTR pieces. The hex game and some hero clix can get you so many. Welcome to the boards and thanks for letting us know we are doing things right.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards