Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old December 6th, 2010, 10:50 PM

Jebuh214 Woo who?
The Middle

Warning: The following story isn't set in the world of Heroscape, or any such worlds, it is an original story, and therefore takes place in an alternate reality of Earth.

Warning: The following story has some minor graphic violence and language. My suggested rating is PG-13. You will see the PG-13 symbol at the top of every Chapter that I have considered to be such.

Prologue: The Middle's Introduction

One day...

That's all it took...

One day to change the world from what i lived in into the world i will die in...

This is the story of that one day, and also the days leading up to it, this is the story for the records...

For a man once said, "History is written by the victors..."

I am not a victor, nor am I a loser, I am what fell between those two, I am 'The Middle'.

Chapter 1: The Decision
PG-13
August 12th

My eyes anxiously darted around the room, darting from the man holding the gun, to the man who he was pointing it at. Then to other things like the command boards, and the button, that damned button!
“Make the choice, now!” Jonathan shouted keeping the gun at Richard’s head.
“What do you want me to do?!” I said back anxiously.

“Hit the button, so the whole world can know how you were the one who fired the first shot…” Jonathan smiled sinisterly at me.

“Kal, don’t do it… Don’t give into this psycho’s trick…” Richard said almost in tears.

“SHUT UP!” Jonathan shouted at Richard, “I told you hit the button…” He snarled.

“Kal, he’s going to shoot me either way, so don’t do it!”
I looked behind Jonathan and Richard, at the clock, and then darted my eyes back at Jonathan. ‘Only a few more seconds’ I thought, then Nick will make the call to the phone, and everything will be fine, Jonathan will be stopped.

Do you like Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa?
Or Summoner Wars?
Or both!?
Well come check out Curse of Ret-Talus signups going on now at Plaidhatgames!

Last edited by Jebuh214; December 8th, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:39 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Middle

Interesting beginning, hope you post more so that I can figure out what's going on.
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:37 PM

Jebuh214 Woo who?
The Middle: Chapter 2

Chapter 2: A Lot Can Happen In Three Days
PG-13

3 days earlier...

August 9th
“Kal! Grab my hand!” Jonathan shouted as he dropped his one arm from the Landing Skid of the helicopter.
I sprinted as fast as I could not even looking back towards where the gunfire was coming from behind me. Several bullets whizzed past my head, but none of them hit me thankfully. I continued to run, as the helicopter slowly inched upward, within in seconds I would not be able to jump and reach Jonathan, so I made a hasty decision, I dropped my shotgun, and removed my flak jacket, the two major things weighing me down. I picked up the pace as much as I could, as I almost stumbled over my own feet. I was at the end of the Helicopter, and it was almost out of my reach, and I jumped. I flew through the air for what felt like an hour as I thought of how I got into this mess. I’m part of an elite division of Black Ops, known as the Hellfire Project, we specialize in anything from assassinations, to transportations. If there are enemy soldiers flooding the area, we’re who they send. My squad consisted of my best friend Richard Sullivan, Jonathan Hieds, Nickolas Weaving, and myself.
So I reached my hand out, as the space between my hand, and Jonathan’s became smaller, Suddenly, I felt the grasp of his hand around my forearm, and I grabbed his forearm back. He had me, I was going to get out alive. He looked up and shouted,
“RICH, HELP!”
Suddenly, I saw Richard, almost completely dive out of the helicopter, and grab Jonathan’s arm, he pulled Jonathan up far enough so that then he could reach out and grab me also. With some struggling, we all made it up onto the bed of the helicopter.
“Mission’s not over yet boys,” Nick yelled from the cockpit, “We still gotta light ‘em up!”
Both Richard and Jonathan turned and looked at me, and I knew they were expecting me to use the Gatling Gun. So I shrugged my shoulders, and stepped up, I opened up the opposite side hatch and pulled up the Gatling Gun, and did my job. I personally don’t like killing people who might not deserve it, but it’s what I’m good at, and it’s my job, so I have to. As I fired the Gatling Gun, I heard Nick shout over the headset,
“Boys, today we fought in Cuba, tomorrow, we touch down in Florida. Oorah”

Look For Chapter 3 by Friday December 10th...

All feedback is welcomed!

Or Summoner Wars?
Or both!?

Last edited by Jebuh214; December 8th, 2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:02 PM

Jebuh214 Woo who?
Is Everyone Dead!?!

No feedback at all...

Please tell me that you all arent dead!

Okay if you're not dead, then I know you're out there!

Please give me some feedback!!!!

Or Summoner Wars?
Or both!?
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:52 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Good stuff, but as one wise man told me about one of my stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death
Hmmm..... not bad, but I'd suggest cutting back on cursing too much. Just a hint, since this IS a kid's site for the most part.
Still, you are a good writer. Great job! Can't wait to see more!

Also, maybe you should put a warning at the beginning telling people that it is not about Heroscape.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM

Jebuh214 Woo who?

Thanks Deadliest Warrior, and I will keep in mind the swearing issue. I've only cursed once in the story so far, and in one of the future chapters there is a spot where one of the characters do.
Also thanks for the tip about the warning, perhaps that's why I couldn't get much feedback....

Or Summoner Wars?
Or both!?

Last edited by Jebuh214; December 8th, 2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:20 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Um... This seems to belong in another site. Nice story, though. I hope you don't peter out midway like I always do in war stories.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old December 9th, 2010, 10:26 PM

Jebuh214 Woo who?
The Middle: Chapter 3

Chapter 3: The Next Mission

August 10th

Jonathan, Richard, and I were all sitting in our room, playing cards, when Nick walked in holding a large manilla envelope. He dropped it on the table and I leaned forward in my chair, picked it up and opened it as Jonathan and Richard slid over to see what was inside. Inside there was a single letter, which I read aloud.

~Hellfire Briefing~

Job well done on the last mission, with General Alverez out of the way, the Anti American uprisings will be without a leader, and will fall.
Now down to business, there is a Russian Diplomat known as Vladimir Gusev is entering the country via the Miami International Airport. We need you to pick him up, and transport him to the FBI of Miami’s HQ. He must be there by 5:00pm tonight, or else he will be late for his meeting. You mustn’t let that happen, he is a Level 4 security risk, and will be giving us valuable information on the Russians. Failure of this mission will not be accepted.

Sincerely,
N.

I looked up at Nick, and he said “His flight comes in in 30 minutes. Lets roll.”
Look for Chapter 4 coming Monday December 13th!

And Chapter 5 coming Thursday December 16th!

And as usual, all feedback is welcomed

Or Summoner Wars?
Or both!?
Old December 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM

Jebuh214 Woo who?

sorry i'm late on this chapter, i was busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to post it...

Chapter 4: The Delegate

August 10th

I looked to my right, and saw the Russian whom we had picked up less than an hour ago. He was a large man who looked like a good soldier, which was odd, why was he here being a delegate, when he could be on the front lines of the battlefield. I didn’t ask him, we were given orders to just transport him, and that meant I didn’t need to know his life story. So I just sat there holding an M16, and not speaking. M16’s weren’t my favorite weapon, I chose to live by the saying speak softly and carry a small easily hidden dagger, as daggers are much more effective than sticks. So I also had my trusty revolver with me.
We arrived at the FBI HQ, promptly at 4:35pm, just enough time to get through the checkpoints and get him in for his meeting. We got out of our armored SUV and headed in to the building. We took him through the checkpoints, and into the meeting room, where we were told to wait outside.
We took our seats on a bench that was just outside the meeting room, and set my head down on the back of the bench, when suddenly I felt the presence of someone standing near me. I opened my eyes, and saw that it was N. the man who was in charge of the Hellfire Project.
“Good evening gentlemen, I’m glad to see everything went according to plan?” We all nodded, “Good. Now the real reason that I’m here is to tell you that you have another mission all ready. I’m sorry to rush you, but we need the best. You’ll be infiltrating an underground sleeper cell base used by the Russians. They’ve been here for several weeks now, and we’re positive that they pose a threat. They believe that we wont be coming for them until the 13th, as that is when Mr. Gusev was supposed to be arriving, but as you can tell he came a three days early so we could get the confirmation data, and raid the sleeper cell before they were expecting us. You won’t head out until the 12th though, so that gives you a day and a half to recover. Rest up boys, you’ll need it.

Look for Chapter 5 part 1 coming December 16th!

Or Summoner Wars?
Or both!?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction