Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old October 24th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Beat em ups?

What ever happened to the Beatem up genre of console games?
My guess is that it became repetitive and died out as more advanced consoles sort of outgrew the style.
Back on original Nintendo, games like Double Dragon had multiple ripoffs where all you did was press two buttons to beat up thug after thug. Things moved forward nicely on Super Nintendo; more buttons = more moves. So how come with the better consoles, and many mor ebuttons we don't have any games of just walking through levels beating up gangs of evil doers? Maybe I just don't know about them? The closest thing I can think of is the bonus modes to the Tekken games, and honestly, I am thinking of picking up the new Tekken game just for that mode alone. I am currently playing Batman's Arkham Asylum, and all I really enjoy of the game are the thug fighting sections. The puzzles and detective work bore me.

So my question is this: Are there any beat em up games available on the Xbox 360?
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Beat em ups?

They evolved into button mashers...

IE, Wolverine, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, etc.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games