Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Should Heroscape Have pirates?
Yes 123 69.89%
No 53 30.11%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:03 PM

ecpepe107 has disabled reputation
It's not like you can actually say we won't listen to you. You draft them. Pirates don't even need boats. They usually fight on the boat's deck. Wood ground would work.

BUY A WII, ITS SO FUN! FUN AND GAMES FOR EVERYONE!
Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wooden plank terrain would be great. With hexes and railings that looked like wood, you could do a lot, and not just for ships. The wood in the Marvel ruin looks great-- I want standard hexes along those lines.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:16 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
Anyone who doesn't wants pirates has to change their mind or leave the site. You choose!

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:19 PM

Yeah, and with the wooden terrain and railing you wouldn't need a ship.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:25 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecpepe107
Yeah, and with the wooden terrain and railing you wouldn't need a ship.
Agreed.

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:28 PM

I agree that the Marvel wood would be great to use. Maybe some stained wood too. It would be cool if there were also cannons.

Old October 4th, 2007, 05:48 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renquist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultarium
Quote:
Quote:
Hey, Vydar just summoned Pirates hopin' they'll steal something and then retreat from battle before fighting like they usually do.

"I summon you to be in my army" says Vydar.

"What? We're pirates, we won't listen to you!" Thus ends another chapter of why there shouldn't be pirates...

Besides, only people who make huge lakes, not rivers, will be able to even use the boat well.
Above is the previous episode, here is another episode of "why there shoudn't be Pirates."

"We got away from that Vydar guy, now were on water. Here we go!" Crasg! "We hit land already, Heroscape maps don't have enough water for our ship."

"Even if we did, how would guys attack us. I mean we're in a ship and not every one flys."

This concludes yet another episode of why there shouldn't be pirates!
What makes you all so sure that pirates wouldnt listen to a General? Are the marro not an evil hive serving mind?, or orcs, deathwalkers, vampires, or any other seemingly self serving being. They all followed orders, along with everyone else that might not have liked what was going on, but guess what they did. So this whole theory about pirates will just say "nah we dont wanna" and run off, is completely insubstantial.
It scares me to think you're arguing what is insubstantial in a fantasy game. Really.
Marros want to dominate, so they will take over Valhalla. Though you do make some sort of point.

Tomorrow's episode will be about Pirates and their drinking . I understand the fantasy part of the game but I don't think they'll be able to incorporate pirates.
Why there shouldn't be Pirates, previous epidsodes above: Vydar said," hey Pirates I'm going to kill you!

"You and what army?"

*A bunch of Blastrons and Gladitrons swarm behind them*

"Oh, that army."

"Now you must fight for me, go into war with the robots, go!" yelled Vydar.

Later the night before the battle... "hey guys, let's have a few drinks, I mean we may die in battle, our last drink"

Another Pirate said, "to war!" *Start drinking, it's morning and their all lying on the floor with their beer mugs still in their hand*

On battlefield, the battle begins! Marro drones charge! *the pirates start killing their allies with the sword and then they got trampled* Utgar wins!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old October 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renquist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultarium
Quote:
Quote:
Hey, Vydar just summoned Pirates hopin' they'll steal something and then retreat from battle before fighting like they usually do.

"I summon you to be in my army" says Vydar.

"What? We're pirates, we won't listen to you!" Thus ends another chapter of why there shouldn't be pirates...

Besides, only people who make huge lakes, not rivers, will be able to even use the boat well.
Above is the previous episode, here is another episode of "why there shoudn't be Pirates."

"We got away from that Vydar guy, now were on water. Here we go!" Crasg! "We hit land already, Heroscape maps don't have enough water for our ship."

"Even if we did, how would guys attack us. I mean we're in a ship and not every one flys."

This concludes yet another episode of why there shouldn't be pirates!
What makes you all so sure that pirates wouldnt listen to a General? Are the marro not an evil hive serving mind?, or orcs, deathwalkers, vampires, or any other seemingly self serving being. They all followed orders, along with everyone else that might not have liked what was going on, but guess what they did. So this whole theory about pirates will just say "nah we dont wanna" and run off, is completely insubstantial.
It scares me to think you're arguing what is insubstantial in a fantasy game. Really.
Marros want to dominate, so they will take over Valhalla. Though you do make some sort of point.

Tomorrow's episode will be about Pirates and their drinking . I understand the fantasy part of the game but I don't think they'll be able to incorporate pirates.
Why there shouldn't be Pirates, previous epidsodes above: Vydar said," hey Pirates I'm going to kill you!

"You and what army?"

*A bunch of Blastrons and Gladitrons swarm behind them*

"Oh, that army."

"Now you must fight for me, go into war with the robots, go!" yelled Vydar.

Later the night before the battle... "hey guys, let's have a few drinks, I mean we may die in battle, our last drink"

Another Pirate said, "to war!" *Start drinking, it's morning and their all lying on the floor with their beer mugs still in their hand*

On battlefield, the battle begins! Marro drones charge! *the pirates start killing their allies with the sword and then they got trampled* Utgar wins!
Just one question there, Where did the pirates get the bear? I mean really, with all of the war going on and everything in ruins why would the kyre waste what good farmlands they have left on hops when they need food? Lets not forget that at least one of the ruin walls in ROTV was probably part of a brewery at one time...

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnion
Just one question there, Where did the pirates get the bear?
Well, bears are native to South-eastern Valhalla.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old October 4th, 2007, 03:06 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Although Rob D is fully aware of the community's need for pirates, I made a special effort to point it out to him today

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old October 4th, 2007, 03:33 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniandmee7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I voted no. We don't need pirates, we need modern soldiers.
I comletely agree. With pirates they would have to release some sort of small ships and mabey a big one. Because pirates settle on land once in a while. I believe they should come out with modern soldiers too. Some thing resembling the Airborne Elite, but have more mondern desing and DESERT STORM looking.
Me too. I want modern soldiers, also world war one stuff. Machine gunner common heros, medic common heros, FLAMETHROWER teams. as for world war one unique heros... the red baron, some of the other air aces, maybe some mad up guy.
Old October 4th, 2007, 04:00 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
I can think of a lot of things more interesting than pirates....can we get off the Caribbean bandwagon please? I don't see the fascination with a bunch of ill-smelling, disloyal thieves.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion