Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 25th, 2007, 01:12 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tholarthemag
If you really need Krug to be powered up, you can pound him with your own arrows before he attacks. Yes, it sounds crazy, but I have wasted many a hero and army doing this.
I've heard this strategy before and I guess that it is as silly as disengaging him to get wounds...although I didn't realize the passing swipe was optional, so it makes the disengage strategy useless.

I really don't like the idea of attacking your own figures. I know that the rules and FAQ's allow for it, but it doesn't seem like good sportsmanship to me. It would definitely be frowned upon at my game table, however if I was at someone else's house and they wanted to play that way, I would play along.
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:16 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
I've filled him full of arrows while he's at the door of the castle. It was the only way to get the thing down!

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:07 PM

Xaqery is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf
Quote:
If you really need Krug to be powered up, you can pound him with your own arrows before he attacks. Yes, it sounds crazy, but I have wasted many a hero and army doing this.
I've heard this strategy before and I guess that it is as silly as disengaging him to get wounds...although I didn't realize the passing swipe was optional, so it makes the disengage strategy useless.

I really don't like the idea of attacking your own figures. I know that the rules and FAQ's allow for it, but it doesn't seem like good sportsmanship to me. It would definitely be frowned upon at my game table, however if I was at someone else's house and they wanted to play that way, I would play along.
Hi all -

This is my first post here. I have been reading the forums for little more than a week now and every time I have gone to post about a question or thought I have I find some new little shiny gem on this site to distract me and take me off in a new direction. Anyway its a great site / community and I look forward to being trounced by you guys at GENCON.

I just bought Krug and instantly went to Bixbys spreadsheet (one of the many great gems here for newbs) to find the discuss link (since there is no search and I finally found the discussion about why).

Anyway, I think that any chance you give me to take a swipe at Krug I am going to take it. If you want to dance around me giving me opportunities to take out one of those 8 lives I will go for it. When Krug is down to just a couple life left he is going to hurt and there is no getting around it. So if you let me get some of them removed I will take it and then on my turn start concentrating on him to get the pain over with.

If my opponent wanted to shoot his own guy for any reason I would have no problem with that.

My first two cents -

- Dwight
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:30 PM

If you have a Kelda and a theracus, you can swoop her in and heal your boy just a little and start over again!

Welcome to the boards by the way. I'm sure some dude named Aldin will welcome you too.

Old June 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
If you have a Kelda and a theracus, you can swoop her in and heal your boy just a little and start over again!
Why exactly is Theracus needed for this?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old June 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM

Sorry, for the confusion. You don't need Theracus for Kelda. But what I do is us Theracus to tote in and take out like a MASH unit. Now of course T-bird can't carry krug but he can carry out any smaller troops.

Old June 1st, 2007, 04:31 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqery
Quote:
Quote:

Hi all -

This is my first post here. I have been reading the forums for little more than a week now and every time I have gone to post about a question or thought I have I find some new little shiny gem on this site to distract me and take me off in a new direction. Anyway its a great site / community and I look forward to being trounced by you guys at GENCON.

I just bought Krug and instantly went to Bixbys spreadsheet (one of the many great gems here for newbs) to find the discuss link (since there is no search and I finally found the discussion about why).

Anyway, I think that any chance you give me to take a swipe at Krug I am going to take it. If you want to dance around me giving me opportunities to take out one of those 8 lives I will go for it. When Krug is down to just a couple life left he is going to hurt and there is no getting around it. So if you let me get some of them removed I will take it and then on my turn start concentrating on him to get the pain over with.

If my opponent wanted to shoot his own guy for any reason I would have no problem with that.

My first two cents -

- Dwight
Welcome to the Boards!

I can't say that I completely agee with you, but Welcome!

Old June 1st, 2007, 05:03 PM

Xaqery is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Welcome to the Boards!

I can't say that I completely agee with you, but Welcome!

Thanks!

I believe it is situation dependant. The stronger Krug is going to probably take out the guy that did the swiping or at least remove a life or two. If I can achieve life loss parity as a worse case and the guy that Krug is attacking isn’t key then I would sacrifice him.

EDIT:
And I had not thought about the healer (MASH unit). I feel though that actions are a valuable part of the game as a commodity and spending them to hurt your own and then another to heal may be valuable to me.

- Dwight
Old June 4th, 2007, 08:35 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
Krug+Lava field=Total hurt to your opponents. .........hehehe

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old July 8th, 2007, 12:45 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
now, I wonder how krug wound fare against cyprien. Will cyprien surpass krug as teh most pt effecient unit in the game? (in hidsight isamu probably has that by a mile, but whatever)
Old July 8th, 2007, 03:13 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
now, I wonder how krug wound fare against cyprien. Will cyprien surpass krug as teh most pt effecient unit in the game? (in hidsight isamu probably has that by a mile, but whatever)
Krug would obliterate him in a one on one game. Every time he successfully uses 'Chilling Touch' Krug becomes stronger. For Cyprien to win, he'd have to put three wounds on Krug from 'Chilling Touch'/attacking and then get a lucky roll to inflict six wounds to kill him. Other than that, Cyprien doesn't stand a chance one on one.

Old July 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
Hey guys.

I have a question. Can you use both Double attack and wounded smash to attack an opponent? That's what I always do but I believe I am doing it wrong. Can someone answer this?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units