Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Notices

Old October 17th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Contest Thread - 1 DAY LEFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Here's my submission. I haven't yet figured out how to make the handy files with the build instructions like you guys often do, but I think you should be able to figure this one out. I also made an online map for it.

1x BftU, 1x TT, 1x VW
Glyph of Wind and Move +2 on level 2 snow.

Utgar's forces have been pouring into the Thaelenk Tundra for weeks now, and now lava seems to be pouring out of them. The melting ice not only has made the already hazardous expanse of land nearly impossible to traverse, not to mention the lava that Utgar's most powerful spellcasters have brought to the surface. Unless the Alliance Generals can thwart Utgar's plans here, it looks as though we will have a second wasteland on Valhalla, and rising sea levels to boot!
I decided to recreate this map in virtualscape. I believe I have created a functionally identical duplicate. If you are alright with it, I will upload a PDF file to the site for you to link to.
Old October 18th, 2017, 12:51 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Here's my submission. I haven't yet figured out how to make the handy files with the build instructions like you guys often do, but I think you should be able to figure this one out. I also made an online map for it.

1x BftU, 1x TT, 1x VW

Utgar's forces have been pouring into the Thaelenk Tundra for weeks now, and now lava seems to be pouring out of them. The melting ice not only has made the already hazardous expanse of land nearly impossible to traverse, not to mention the lava that Utgar's most powerful spellcasters have brought to the surface. Unless the Alliance Generals can thwart Utgar's plans here, it looks as though we will have a second wasteland on Valhalla, and rising sea levels to boot!
I decided to recreate this map in virtualscape. I believe I have created a functionally identical duplicate. If you are alright with it, I will upload a PDF file to the site for you to link to.
That sounds great, thanks!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:50 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1x BftU, 1x TT, 1x VW

That sounds great, thanks!
Here you go: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4714
Old October 18th, 2017, 03:04 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The Cliffs of Turin

During the Age of Dragons, the Cliffs of Turin were home to a family of fierce dragons who hunted the surrounding lands. All the wise citizens of Valhalla steering clear of the area and passed their healthy amount of respect and fear for the cliffs onto their children and their children's children. The Age of Dragons is now long gone but the lands around the Cliffs of Turin still remain largely abandoned and unexplored. Only the occasional brave treasure hunter would head off into this wasteland to search for the dragons' rumored treasure piles, often never to be seen or heard from again. The War for the Wellsprings has changed this dynamic though, with representatives from every general being sent out to explore this area. Will they find new allies to recruit to their cause, long lost magic items to augment their forces with, or just an opponents soldiers searching those same cliffs?

Cliffs of Turin - VS file

Requirements: 1 RotV & 1 Castle set + 2 Treasure Glyphs placed on Glyph of Brandar locations.
It looks interesting, I wouldn't mind playing on it. What will probably hold it back, it that double spaced figures can't reach the top without flying.
Double based figures can cross the stream without stopping though. That is a nice plus on this map, so plenty of incentive to still take Q9.
While Q9 would still work ok on this map due to his range, I feel like other double spaced units (specifically melee ones) would be at quite a disadvantage. In addition, if one player has all double spaced units left and the other player has even just one unit left he can keep a unit on top of the fortress and make it impossible to end the game. Perhaps a Wannok glyph to prevent that from happening?
When we talk about disadvantages to double-spaced figures, no one's really concerned about hurting Q9. He'll be good on pretty much any map. But like Angear said, figures like Grimnak, Krug, and Brunak are the ones that take a huge knock. And being able to cross a single-space stream is a very negligible advantage when you have ranged figures shooting at you from out of reach.
Their are walls to hide behind and 3 double spaced overhangs to sit under. If you have a double spaced hero vs. a single spaced hero at end game, chances are pretty good that you have more points still left on the board and they will have to come down to fight you if they want to win.
Old October 18th, 2017, 10:19 AM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

I get what you are saying, and I like that you have thought about some possible ways around the double space limitation, because believe me, balancing a castle map is definitely not easy. Picture this scenario though. Player 1 has a Krug left and Krug is engaged to player 2's taelord. (I know, not commonly played, but still a possibility). Player 2 realizes that while taelord would most likely lose a 1v1 vs krug, taelord can simply fly to the top of the ruins and wait for time to run out, thereby winning because player 2 has more points left. While not a common situation, as a tournament director every possibility has to be considered in some fashion. If I saw this map in a pool I would be much less likely to run any army that utilized double spaced melee units, just to avoid losing to the map.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old October 18th, 2017, 12:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Contest Thread - TONIGHT!

Well if that situation occurs, chances are you are to blame for the poor strategy and tactics that led to you having a double spaced melee figure as the last figure left in your army after sitting down at this map. A double spaced melee unit should be one of the first units you rush across the water to engage with the enemy before too many of them can climb up the ladder (Brunak is actually pretty fantastic in this role as he can also carry one of your single spaced figures across the water to help engage and lock down the enemy). If you look at this map, then look at your army, and think, "I'm going to save Krug for my clean up figure this game," then the reason you could end up losing is not because of the map but the decisions you made as the general of your army. You won't make that mistake a second time.
Old October 18th, 2017, 02:40 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Last minute, I know, but I only found out about the contest a couple of days ago.

Two armies meet at an icy pass through the desolate Moltarn Mountains. Each hopes to get through the pass to attack the enemy on the far side of the mountains. Rather than wait for the spring thaw, they will attempt the snowy pass. They can fight through the deep snow around the glaciers, or attempt to pass through the dark crevasse between them.

Spoiler Alert!

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; October 18th, 2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Tweaked start zones. Realized a flier w/move 6 could reach glyph. Fixed extra glacier problem.
Old October 18th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Wow these are some great submissions! Great work everyone! You've got till midnight tonight to enter!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 18th, 2017, 04:37 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Cracked

Far beneath the surface of the ground lies a dungeon. Time has ravaged this place, leaving it rocky and bare. The steady drip, drip, drip of water from above has cut through the floor, and lava oozes out. In another several hundred years, it will be a lava pool. For now, it's just cracked.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cracked.pdf (307.4 KB, 8 views)
Old October 18th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Last minute, I know, but I only found out about the contest a couple of days ago.

Two armies meet at an icy pass through the desolate Moltarn Mountains. Each hopes to get through the pass to attack the enemy on the far side of the mountains. Rather than wait for the spring thaw, they will attempt the snowy pass. They can fight through the deep snow around the glaciers, or attempt to pass through the dark crevasse between them.

Spoiler Alert!

~Z
It looks like this map requires 2 Thaelenk Tundra, as there's only 1 6-hex glacier per set. You could probably achieve a similar effect if you replace it with a 4-hex glacier and moved some 1-hex glaciers around.
Old October 18th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!

~Z
It looks like this map requires 2 Thaelenk Tundra, as there's only 1 6-hex glacier per set. You could probably achieve a similar effect if you replace it with a 4-hex glacier and moved some 1-hex glaciers around.
Oooo...thanks for the catch on that Rednax. Yes, @cmgames per the build guidelines outlined in the OP of the Welcome Thread, map submissions are only allowed 1 Master set and 2 Expansions. BftU can be used as either a Master set or an Expansion, so you can use both of those, but you'd only be allowed 1 TT set.

Please revise your submission and repost before the deadline closes tonight! If not, we'll still add it in the Submissions Archive, but it won't be considered/scored for the Top 10.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 18th, 2017, 07:16 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!

~Z
Thanks for the heads-up! I totally missed that. I have two TT myself and I tend to think in "what-can-I-build" mode as opposed to "what-are-the-build-limitations" mode.

Fixed.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla