Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 27th, 2007, 12:50 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
Kaemon Awa army

I just got kaemon awa and am trying to make a competitive 500 point army with him. I don't have the Einar Flagbearer so i don't really want ideas with him. I was thinking about something like

Kaemon Awa 120
Raelin 80
Tagawa Samurai archers x2 130

Then I'm not quite sure which way to go. I was mabye thinking deathreavers or something else.
Old December 27th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
How about adding the Nakitas and the Tarn? The Nakitas help screen against range and the Tarn are a durable meat shield that can do some real damage.

~Aldin, leading the charge

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 27th, 2007, 01:35 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
You wanting theme?

Agents and Samurais:

Kaemon
Nakita
Krav
Kozuke
Izumi

even 500 - Agents for doing the bulk of the killing. Izumi for glyph grabbing and meat shields. Kozuke to bring the rain to any unit trying to close on the ranged units. And Kaemon to clean up what is left over.

There are so many ways you can go with Kaemon. He is a reasonable priced piece for what he does. He is an excellent end game unit and can make any army stronger.

I used this army at GenCon 2007 finishing second in the main tourney:

Kaemon
Krav
Airbourne Elite
Marro warriors
3xreavers

I could go on and on with Kaemon armies. He is hands down my fav.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old December 27th, 2007, 03:39 PM

Yea there are just so many ways to use him. I don't really wan't to completely base an army around him without Raelin because he doesn't have high enough defense to stand up to straight combat for a while with his low life. Is this sensible or am I wrong. Of course he can't stand up very long to a couple guys shooting at him for a round or two. He seems more of a hit and run guy than just a find high ground and sit there kind of guy. There are too many ways to use him it's making my head hurt.

EDIT: are the samurai archers that great and should they be used with kaemon. Obviously in a themed army but they don't seem to do to much together other than both being samurai. I guess kaemon could protect them but that seems a bit of a waste for a strong hero like kaemon.
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM

sorry for double posting but i thought of an army and wanted to see what you guys thought.
Kaemon 120
Eldgrim 30
Tagawa Samurai Archers x2 130
Nakitas 120

With the last 100 points I'm not sure to either put in the Krav for some extra range or 2 deathreavers because I don't really have that much protection against people charging me. I plan on using Eldgrim to run out first then put him on Kaemon to give him some more manuverability.
Old December 27th, 2007, 05:06 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
How about adding the Nakitas and the Tarn? The Nakitas help screen against range and the Tarn are a durable meat shield that can do some real damage.

~Aldin, leading the charge
I try to fit the Nakitas in any army that I can. They are really worth their points, so you are talking about two of my favorite uniques: the Nakitas and Kaemon. You can't go wrong with those. If you can keep a Nakita adjacent to Kaemon, the better.

That's 240 points of range and versatility. Play around with alternatives for ground troops. If you have two uniques squads or heroes (Kaemon and Nakitas) already try to diversify with commons and if possible some bonding. With 260 left in your 500 army there are many alternatives. Try to find some bonding units. You already have two order markers to "worry" about. Do you have Gorillinators? You would even have space for two squads of KoWs and Sir Gilbert or Marcus DG and two squads of Romans, etc. Who's your opponent and what's the map? Think about that too or simply play what you like.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old December 27th, 2007, 05:26 PM

So then i could go with

Kaemon 120
Nakitas 120
Romans x2 100
Marcus 100
Izumi Samurai 60

I don't know about that though. I want to try to put in the samurai archers. It makes my range tough to engage because they all have counterstrike or engagment strike. The more i think about it though the more i like this army. I kind of wish I could squeez another warlord in there but it could work. I don't know if it has enough firepower to take down a Q9 or Krug though.
Old December 27th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man
So then i could go with

Kaemon 120
Nakitas 120
Romans x2 100
Marcus 100
Izumi Samurai 60

I don't know about that though. I want to try to put in the samurai archers. It makes my range tough to engage because they all have counterstrike or engagment strike. The more i think about it though the more i like this army. I kind of wish I could squeez another warlord in there but it could work. I don't know if it has enough firepower to take down a Q9 or Krug though.
That looks pretty good. If you want another warlord, take out the Izumi and put in Me-Burq-Sa and Isamu.
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:18 PM

Oh of course. Duh . That is exactly what i should do. This is becoming quite a solid army and should do quite well if my stupidity doesn't ruin it.
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:29 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
I hate Awa. Everytime I play against him, he destroys me. I have tried all kinds of different tactics to take him out. None of them seem to work. On the rare occasions I am able to draft him, he dies in the first attack. I hate that unit and the feeling is mutual.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM

Old December 27th, 2007, 08:53 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man
So then i could go with

Kaemon 120
Nakitas 120
Romans x2 100
Marcus 100
Izumi Samurai 60

That looks pretty good. If you want another warlord, take out the Izumi and put in Me-Burq-Sa and Isamu.
Pretty good now I think. You got tough uniques, enough range and bonding. Bonding and range rule IMO for obvious reasons. If you can get a good combination of bonding and range, go for it, and the resulting army above has all that. I might try it myself. Just let us know how it goes.

If only Kaemon were a "warlord" or a "human champion"... wishful thinking.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion